• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
For those who think the girl in the trailer is Mia, I took a screenshot of her face to compare.
MDiI2oP.jpg
EaR0cYmWsAA8Pbu

Nose is similar but that's it.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
I love the vibe and atmosphere, but from those screens, RE7 looks more next gen than RE8. Could be the lighting.

Yeah, I honestly can't wait to see the comparisons of this early build with the final version that might release next year.

The witchy chick at 2:09 -- what the heck is she eating

For the looks of it? Ethan.

I didn't read all pages, but this does look like RE4-2 to me.

I think so too, especially after seeing that guy at 2:05. I really hope that he is this game's merchant.

Oct 25, 2017
My blase bae Ethan is back. 👏👏

Mia: Ethan I forgot to mention in addition to being a bioweapon handler I'm also a member of a coven of bio-witches.

Ethan: bruh

Oct 25, 2017
Also this haha. I fucking love Ethan and Mia. Really happy to see Ethan be the protagonist again but it'd be sooo upsetting for them to just kill off Mia early like that.
I'm assuming it's either an elaborate fake out or she still has some of the healing abilities she had from 7 and the quad tap just to make sure she stayed down longer.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chris is looking beefier than Mr X. Dude is eating zombies for breakfast... or whatever they're at now.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I've played all the main line games in this series minus 5&6, but I couldn't tell you 1 thing about an overall story. Don't care, Day 1 in PSVR

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
can't see the trailer atm. But the main witch girl eats some of Ethan's Blood.

Honestly the best chance of seeing mercenaries anytime soon was re3 remake and obviously that didn't happen

RE4make if they dont' cut content is likely to have it.

can't see the trailer atm. But the main witch girl eats some of Ethan's Blood.

Honestly the best chance of seeing mercenaries anytime soon was re3 remake and obviously that didn't happen

RE4make if they dont' cut content is likely to have it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i wish this game was just called 'evil village'

i like the sound of the name 'evil village'

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
How the heck are Capcom churning out games in this triple-A series so damn quick? I legitimately want to know.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Is the framerate bad? First I thought the stream was the issue. But the YouTube version is the same. When his hand grabbed the curtains it slogged

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
this looks first person, was really hoping for them to go 3rd person again. It just felt so right in RE2 and RE3 remake.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Chris quadtapping Mia is some darkly funny shit. It doesn't look like this game will have lost some of the wicked humor that RE7 brought back to the series, and thank god for that

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Read some of the leaks after seeing discussion about them and... yeah I'm calling bullshit on the one people keep alluding to here (the one that got spoiler tagged on one of the earlier pages). Reads like someone cobbling together bits of other leaks or stuff they'd been told about this trailer and extrapolating. Glad Dusk Golem confirmed that we largely don't know much beyond what we saw in the trailer

Also yeah, Mia is for sure not dead and this Chris stuff is 100% a fakeout
RIGHT?!

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

Weird they're calling it Village and not 8. I mean I get it's 8 and they'll probably do something on the box art like they did for the trailer title reveal, but still a little odd.

Also, are there any gifs of the gameplay segment they showed afterwards in the mansion? That looked so good.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I just love how creepy and disturbing the enemies look. The game just looks thick with atmosphere

MdLeF4H.png

hw7Cg8J.png

The environments are very atmospheric too. The Gothic architecture mixed with the rural backdrop is just chilling, so happy they went in this new direction.

foFQlSV.png

JyJEYO3.png

Love it. Did someone screencap the interior with the staircase? Looks really good and atmospheric.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I've got no idea what's happening in RE lore but apparently we are at the witches/werewolves part of the story. That was a helluva virus.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Now that it's not a cross-gen title it'll be interesting to see if Capcom has the balls to make SSD a requirement for the PC port. I'd imagine majority of "hardcore gamers" would have an SSD by 2021.