• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone figure this out yet?

14414-DA3-DF76-412-C-B180-812-E70-AAF25-C.png

My first thought was Las Plagas

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait did the leaks mention you play as Chris? I'd rather be Chris than Ethan tbh

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this whole game seems like a huge RE4 callback which isn't surprising given RE4r is rumoured to be 2022

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The Umbrella octagon is clearly part of this "spoiler-y" key art but you see the real deal in the actual trailer. That can´t be it.
The fetus is neither a plagas nor does it look like the D-Series that the Connections from RE7 has but it´s not totally off:
latest
1485383228_re7.jpg

The Connections who have link to Wesker in the lore are apparently in this game with Natalia Wesker.
residentevil.fandom.com

The Connections

The Connections is a crime syndicate founded by Brandon Bailey, involved in BC (Bio-Chemical) research, money laundering, murder and trafficking of weapons and drugs. The Connections encountered Miranda and offered her their help in finding a means to resurrect her daughter Eva. Miranda, in...
residentevil.fandom.com

D-Type

D-Type was a line of human bioweapons developed by The Connections. The manufacturer created its line of weapons by altering the genome of human females while in their embryonic stage, and their age accelerated after birth to give the approximate appearance of a ten-year-old girl. The decision...
D-types have to be female. Interesting. Eveline was the 2.0 version of this. An E-type bioweapon. The baby, likely Ethan´s kid, in the trailer also looks perfectly human and is on location in the village.

Last edited:

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

One of the leaks, alongside everything else leaked that was basically confirmed in this trailer, mentioned that Mia and Ethan are targeted because of the child they're apparently having/just had. It also sounds like Mia is reading a story to a child/toddler in the beginning of the trailer, so it's probably her and Ethan's baby which is then abducted by Chris.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hope they don't make the vr exclusive again

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
One of the leaks, alongside everything else leaked that was basically confirmed in this trailer, mentioned that Mia and Ethan are targeted because of the child they're apparently having/just had.
Okay, well, as someone who wasn't aware what was in the leaks, it's probably better to warn people if there are actual spoilers. Guess nothing is safe anymore.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
This being on next gen kind of stresses me out a bit. I want to get a PS5 at launch, but I'm afraid I won't be able to. Wish it were crossgen, but hope I can get a next gen console before it comes out

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Why show 12 fps footage of something that'll be running at 60fps, just run it on a PC or something if the port isn't ready yet, ffs.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I had really hoped that they would bring Roger as Chris.

His voice fits this design of Chris.

Seeing another voice coming out of that design is just weird, but still, need to hear so more dialogue before making any decisions.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Is Capcom's goal to just make Chris ever wider with each iteration? By 9 he's just gonna be a brick wall.
Last few were just like 'Chris is fucking buff' now it's just like Kylo Ren shirtless wishes he was this wide.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
RE7 was one of my favorite games. My first and only RE game that I platinumed and even bought it on Xbox to get all the achievements there (one day). This looks like a bigger, better version of RE7.

Mortis

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of looks like they ditched the photogrammetry in favor of more stylized characters.

Looks great, though.

Brooklynwolf

Banned
Jan 5, 2020
So...the leaks were true...

Doesn't that mean Claire, Barry and his family died off screen?

Even if that's no longer the direction they're heading, I'm disturbed they even considered that to begin with.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IDK if it's controversial to say, but this was visually the best game IMO

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Not as good of a reveal as VII's but that is hard to top. Really, really hoping Mia doesn't get friged but the alternative will likely be convoluted.

It's rather weird that they don't have a 60 FPS trailers.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck did that guy in the closet shot miss?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I decided to ignore the leaks after a point. So far the stuff I did read was all shown in the trailer.

RE7 was the only one where they just used photogrammetry without touching up after, that's why we got Crackhead Chris.
They began touching up certain design with RE2R and RE3R.

Correct. They did for DMC5 as well. It's particularly obvious with Lady. She and her scan model have different noses, among other things.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Yeah it was apparent with the end of the trailer. One of the leaks said that Chris shot Mia but not to kill her. Here he definitely wants to kill her. She's already down, and shot multiple times. I think she's legit dead and won't come back lol (I mean you never know with RE, but I think they kill her for good and want to go deeper into the "Chris is in a huge grey area" than what it was first supposed to be)

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Now that this is announced I'll just be waiting for Dusk to talk about future games. Looking forward to having this one out of the way to see what comes after it. Hopefully they produce a lackluster RE4R like they with RE3R.