• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Not a single game does it. Not even the RE4 cart (Which sadly doesn't have the 1.01 patch on it for some reason).

What's going on? Anyone got them to give the coins?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just checked my copy and RE4 still doesn't give coins. Definitely didn't get any coins when I redeemed RE5 & 6 (Unsure if that is an update on Nintendo's End or an oversight). WBacon Any idea what's going on with this?

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017
New games from third-parties may not give gold coins during the first days of release. They will work.. eventually.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Capgods don't know what gold coins are.
They'll probably ask you to ask Nintendo for it.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
LOL they don't even have the patched version on the card? so they just had it sitting there since it came out digitally...

What a fucking shitshow this handling of the RE games has been on Switch. Jfc, Capcpom.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
For My Nintendo. You can use gold coins on 3DS/Wii U eShop discounts, or put them towards Switch eShop purchases.
yeah. switch games give you gold coins, 100 coins equals 1 dollars which you can use in the eshop. a $60 physical game gives you 60 coins, a $40 physical game gives you 40 coins, and so on. you get way more if you buy games digitally tho.
Ohhh, right! For some reason I blanked on that and thought this was some weird new in-game microcurrency.

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
LOL they don't even have the patched version on the card? so they just had it sitting there since it came out digitally...

What a fucking shitshow this handling of the RE games has been on Switch. Jfc, Capcpom.
Yup. Not a single release has been without it's issues.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
...Are Gold Coins not, like, an automatic thing? Every indie game gives them.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
When is the official release date? I got DQ XI a day or two before official release and the coins didn't work until I tried it again later on in the week.

Deleted member 9929

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty disappointed with the way capcom has been going about their releases. I picked up rev 1&2 when it was on sale for $25 and recently got the TE triple pack for $40 (thanks Wario64!)since I had never played 5&6, but the digital codes really bum me out.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Isn't that the same thing that happened with the first Megaman X Collection? IIRC nothing happened with that either?

Same with the physical Sonic Mania Plus but that's Sega...

So how do the games not have Gold Coins? I can't imagine someone at Capcom going "yeah, we don't want to do this thing that makes it more enticing to buy our games."

I don't believe Capcom (or any other publisher for that matter) has any say in which titles grant coins and what-not.

Incidentally, has anyone reached out to Nintendo Support? I'm curious to know their response to this matter.

Here's a FAQ on Nintendo America's site that explains what purchase qualifies for the coins/points.

Excerpt for physical:
  • Physical Software:
    • Gold Points can be earned by registering physical game cards for Nintendo Switch. (Physical software for other systems does not qualify for Gold Points.)
    • For physical software, points are awarded at 1% of the Nintendo eShop price for the digital version of the game.
    • Gold Points for physical games must be claimed within one year of the game's original release date.
    • A game card can only be redeemed one time. If it has already been redeemed by one Nintendo Account, it cannot be redeemed again with a different one.
Based on the above description, it's unclear whether Nintendo will grant coins/points separately for pack-in codes.

Perhaps someone can ask Nintendo Support whether points are awarded separately for pack-in codes.

gypsyOtoko

Capcom Producer
Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Hey peeps - just FYI, if you call Nintendo Customer Support they will be sure you get your Gold Coins.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Huh, weird.

The only times I haven't gotten Gold Coins are for imports (all Capcom games incidentally - Okami HD, AAT, and Onimusha), I get some region related error message (not entirely unexpected)

Nice that Nintendo sorts people out if you call them, but I'm not sure I'd bother calling them to get a few cents. Hope Nintendo just sorts this out w/o having to call them

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Limited Run releases don't give out gold coins either.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, weird.

The only times I haven't gotten Gold Coins are for imports (all Capcom games incidentally - Okami HD, AAT, and Onimusha), I get some region related error message (not entirely unexpected)

Nice that Nintendo sorts people out if you call them, but I'm not sure I'd bother calling them to get a few cents. Hope Nintendo just sorts this out w/o having to call them
None of the LRG or Dispatch Games releases I have gave me gold coins either.