• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 19, 2018
Capcom dropping a demo for everyone today would be perfect. 5 more hours!

It's usually been Capcom's MO to release a demo two weeks prior to official release, so unless the game is set to release in early February, I wouldn't get your hopes up unfortunately.

Plus, a gameplay showcase would indicate that this is a view-only event for the time being.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
It's usually been Capcom's MO to release a demo two weeks prior to official release, so unless the game is set to release in early February, I wouldn't get your hopes up unfortunately.

Plus, a gameplay showcase would indicate that this is a view-only event for the time being.
They are weird with it sometimes, the first RE7 demo was 7 months before release so it def wouldn't be unheard of.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Last Chance to Place Your Bets: Will RE8 come out on PS4/XB1? If so, will it be on the same day as PS5/XSX|S/PC or later?

my feelings for today

RE8 Village release date
PS4/One version confirmed, day-and-date
RE 8 Village Online: will be inlcuded in RE8 as Resistance was in RE3Remake

that's all for today

no demo nor Switch love (RE2r/RE3r cloud version, RE7 western cloud version, nor RE Revelation 3 info at all LOL) on January 21st imho

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my feelings for today

RE8 Village release date
PS4/One version confirmed, day-and-date
RE 8 Village Online: will be inlcuded in RE8 as Resistance was in RE3Remake

that's all for today

no demo nor Switch love (RE2r/RE3r cloud version, RE7 western cloud version, nor RE Revelation 3 info at all LOL) on January 21st imho

There will be more than that. They already confirmed news for RE 8 plus for the franchise in general.

Some classic ports seens like a hope people are having.

Oct 30, 2017
I would be so disappointed if we got next gen patch for RE7 but not for RE2R and RE3R.

RE7 great but it falls apart in the last 30% of the game, the last 3rd of the game is a HUGE MASSIVE step back from areas from the first two 3rds.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Last Chance to Place Your Bets: Will RE8 come out on PS4/XB1? If so, will it be on the same day as PS5/XSX|S/PC or later?

Of course it will come to last-gen. the game started on them, the leaks showed the game still exists on them. The online mp beta of the game will be out for last-gen. It's a problem of when and not of what if.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
My final predictions:

Series S/X and PS5 enhancement for RE7
RE8 release date and demo coming next week
RE8 Verse MP
RE movie trailer

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since the game will be on last gen then at least this gives me hope that they will price all versions at $60.

sw26

Oct 27, 2017
I know it was rumoured earlier in the week and debunked (?) but I would kill for a classics (PS1) collection on modern consoles, some of my favourite games of all time and I'd love not to have to dig out my PS3 to play them.

Oct 25, 2017
Very likely RE8 will get a release date and maybe they will show some gameplay for ReVerse.
I wouldn't expect REmake 4 and REV3 news until at least the end of this year.
Infinite Darkness and the Reboot movie will get teasers i think. The Netflix show AFAIK hasn't even started shooting.
For the reboot movie I don't even need a teaser trailer
just give me costume images or even just a single image of
latest

If they made one

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping for an RE7 VR update on PC

As much as I'd like that pretty sure that ship sailed awhile ago. We'll be lucky to get RE8 VR on PC though what with RE4 VR being on Oculus who knows...then again Oculus has shifted their priorities to Quest so not sure if that means much for anything PC.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'd absolutely love the classic collection somehow shadow dropping today (or even... existing at all). But I also really REALLY want next-gen updates for RE2/RE3 remakes. And man, if they ever did Director's Cut editions of those, I'd just absolutely lose it. I'm sure I'll love whatever gets announced today, but I've really let my hopes and dreams go a bit too far in terms of anticipation and I'm sure I'm going to be a bit sad regardless of what is announced. But hey, that's future me's problem. Current me is choo choo let's go!

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
In the OP of this thread it is said that they will discuss RE8, but also that they will announce another game, that will have a BETA test right after the event:

" Will also have a new game announced with a closed beta releasing immediately after. "

Totally missed that, cool

There will be more than that. They already confirmed news for RE 8 plus for the franchise in general.

Some classic ports seens like a hope people are having.

It's a hope based on basically nothing though, unfortunately lol

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, as others said, I wouldn't use that tweet as deconfirming cross-gen, because MS isn't going to undercut Capcom's own announcement if there is one like that. If the game is out in April as leaks suggest and there's no mention of cross-gen at today's showcase, then 100% it's next gen only. There's no reason to hold them back at that point.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My predictions:
-(I hate to get my hopes up), but I think we may possibly be getting something outbreak related(either outbreak in the RE8 universe or an actual collection). I find it hard to fathom them doing another PvP RE for the 15th time as I don't think they have never really landed as much as Co-op RE. If anything I think it'll at least be something 4 player Co-op at this point.
-Shadow dropped demo today of RE8 and releasing in Feb.
-Xbox one and PS4 ports of Village coming at a later date, but confirmed.
-RE8 PSVR confirmation(maybe would explain why there would be a delay for previous gen ports).
-RE classic Collection is starting to feel more likely for some reason as well(maybe Outbreak would be included?)
-Prob an RE movie reboot trailer (begrudgingly).

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When people say classic collection you mean non REmake games like PS1 Resident Evil?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
My predictions:
-(I hate to get my hopes up), but I think we may possibly be getting something outbreak related(either outbreak in the RE8 universe or an actual collection). I find it hard to fathom them doing another PvP RE for the 15th time as I don't think they have never really landed as much as Co-op RE. If anything I think it'll at least be something 4 player Co-op at this point.
-Shadow dropped demo today of RE8 and releasing in Feb.
-Xbox one and PS4 ports of Village coming at a later date, but confirmed.
-RE8 PSVR confirmation(maybe would explain why there would be a delay for previous gen ports).
-RE classic Collection is starting to feel more likely for some reason as well(maybe Outbreak would be included?)
-Prob an RE movie reboot trailer (begrudgingly).

Most RE Online projects have been PvE lol. Resistance was just last year.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When people say classic collection you mean non REmake games like PS1 Resident Evil?

Yup the first three games. RE1 is a bit jank, but if Capcom can include Mega Man 1 in the Anniversary Collection then RE1 should be included in a hypotical RE Classic Collection. I would pay full price for the collection only because capture screenshot and vídeo functions lol