• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
.......how many maps are even in this? I'm really not enjoying it one bit. I think Capcom are going to hate themselves for not adding online Mercenaries because LITERALLY everyone wanted that over this pile of crap.

This was not developed in-house by Capcom. They contracted this to some Taiwanese team from what I recall.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
.......how many maps are even in this? I'm really not enjoying it one bit. I think Capcom are going to hate themselves for not adding online Mercenaries because LITERALLY everyone wanted that over this pile of crap.
There is a single map in this beta, I believe we know three maps for the full release for sure.

In the full release there are also 4 more masterminds with different abilities and cards as well as three more survivors.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Mastermind feels so unintuitive to use. Feels like I'm fiddling around more with placement and camera positions than I am actually doing anything useful.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Played one game, lag was unbearable. Seems like a fun idea on paper though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There a couple asymmetrical multiplayer games that are fun and have a dedicated community. DBD is a prime example.

This...I can't see taking off. Lol. Guess we'll see in a few months.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I think that, with a team of friends, this could be pretty fun to play as a quick time waster.

With randoms it is awful. I am a terrible player of video games and the fact that I was carrying the team...in three matches really says something.

Also, HOW IS IT THIS JANKY! How?

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Impressions don't sound too great, though videos of the last test looked like a lot of fun.
Probably not worth renewing Gold just to try out a Beta with PSN version being broken.

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
Bruh the lag. I mean like... gargantuan amounts of delay. Creatures magnet pulling you and shots taking forever to register.

Also can you just not damage Mr. X?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh the lag. I mean like... gargantuan amounts of delay. Creatures magnet pulling you and shots taking forever to register.

Also can you just not damage Mr. X?

Doesn't seem like it. Seems like you need to waste his timer and if you get cornered, you're just kinda fucked.

I think you can flash grenade him though.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the lag is terrible on Xbox. The delay when firing at enemies is so bad, it's hard to tell if you actually hit them. I have to fire once, wait a second to see if it hit and then fire again.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the beta on PSN and now it is not working. Ok I guess I will play something else.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems everyone just has a PS4 lol. This thread is inactive.
I watched some streams and it looks fun to be honest.
Mastermind looks specially engaging.

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
I was ready to play loaded the game up to an error message checked this site and now I'm disappointed lol. PS4 user

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Is this on Steam? I can't find it.

Edit: Nvm I scrolled up and saw the bad news.

Drain You

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Played the tutorial and a single match as a survivor. Seemed pretty fun tbh, this is the first 1v4 game I've really played. We got fucked on the third section or whatever but got through the first two pretty easy.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This seems...pretty bad.

Mastermind is genuinely pretty fun, but I still have yet to see survivors win a single game. Trying to fight a player controlled zombie feels REAL bad and a lot of enemies have delayed reactions to shots, melee feels terrible (and there's two melee focused characters here...), and the third area is a mess in general. Elevators players can hit a button on that move up and block everything else off, so a single person on the team can take it and screw everyone else over, but there's multiple paths and elevators to take so it's pretty confusing when there's a big timer running.

Maybe there's something there with the full breadth of options and characters but idk.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Going by impressions it seems best to just wait a week play the full game and then try this when it is complete instead of an earlier build with only one map..

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
This seems...pretty bad.

Mastermind is genuinely pretty fun, but I still have yet to see survivors win a single game. Trying to fight a player controlled zombie feels REAL bad and a lot of enemies have delayed reactions to shots, melee feels terrible (and there's two melee focused characters here...), and the third area is a mess in general. Elevators players can hit a button on that move up and block everything else off, so a single person on the team can take it and screw everyone else over, but there's multiple paths and elevators to take so it's pretty confusing when there's a big timer running.

Maybe there's something there with the full breadth of options and characters but idk.

It's also the very first day, so people have yet to fully understand how everything works, what's best for each character and everything.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I played a few rounds. Amusing, but we got stomped heavily twice in a row. A lot of times I had no clue where we were going or what we were supposed to be doing. It might be a "git gud" sorta deal--I'm not sure I care to stick around long enough to do that.

Voxy

Dec 3, 2019
I managed to play one session, took only one minute to find. Now I'm stuck in matchmaking again...
I think it will be delayed again...

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
They need to set up more AWS servers or Azure servers, whichever they're using it just isn't enough to handle all the users on PS4, obviously. If that's the reason they're still having technical difficulties then lol.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not a good look considering this game's out in a little over a week. I guess they're banking on most folks waiting to play through RE3 first to not overload the servers.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
This is the main issue with having complete open betas because even people who have no interest in buying RE3 will be downloading it. I'm guilty of that myself.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
It's a fortune that the beta has been postponed. Predator Hunting Grounds and this on the same weekend? That is what I call a bad idea.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Played 1 match and it's hot trash.

Laggy, janky and not really all that fun in those tight spaces.

Ade

Oct 26, 2017
UK
This is a really poor game. Janky, everything feels off somehow, damage doesn't always register and it's really dull.

Cant see it lasting

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom was back for a year and they have gone back to their capcpom ways? :E still haven't figured out how to boot those PS4 servers?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Resistance is going to have as much as life as Crackdown 3 multiplayer.

Maybe Capcom can finally learn to stop implementing these halfass multiplayer games the base despises. Focus on your Strengths!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should just expand on the Ghost Survivors, but online and with a ton of itens and ways to "Escape" from the city. At this point they have a ton of assets and readyly made maps to use in an Outbreak-like experience. Introduce new characters and fan favorites along the way, use mtx for new skins.

God I want an Outbreak #3 so badly.

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to see the reaction to it in this thread. I can go elsewhere like Twitter and Reddit and most seem to enjoy it. I played the closed beta awhile back and I'm excited. I love 4v1 games.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Missed the closed beta months ago and was beyond hyped to finally try this. Playing on X1X. The core gameplay loop is actually pretty fun, but I have to admit I am fighting through the bugs, latency issues, etc... and I can imagine others will not be wiling to see past that. The one thing I am having real trouble getting over though is Mr. X. I'm hoping that maybe it's a bit more polished/fleshed out in the full release - but he's wiping every team I'm on. Going for headshots, grenades, etc... I just can't stop him. Have not escaped the second "zone" yet.

I really REALLY want this to be something with staying power to scratch that Outbreak itch. Hoping the full release is a more complete experience, both from content (which it should), but also in terms of some of this polish and balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.