• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Surprised by all the criticism of the game here based on a 90 second cinematic trailer. No doubt the game could be shit but it's literally impossible to determine that from this trailer.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm always interested in more Resident Evil but being shown a CG trailer doesn't really tell me much. It said more will be shown later. Will this extra showing be for public view?

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom has been on fire recently. If this is internally developed, I'm sure it's going to be awesome

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
So this is for January or March next year. They want to have one RE game each year. It could be good for action RE fans, but i have no interest in multiplayer.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised by all the criticism of the game here based on a 90 second cinematic trailer. No doubt the game could be shit but it's literally impossible to determine that from this trailer.

Welcome to Resetera?

Seriously, though, the trailer didn't do anything for me because it emphasized non-stop action, which is exactly what I don't like in my RE games as a rule of thumb. Looking forward to actually seeing the game.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Vibe I'm getting is Left 4 Dead, but 1 person takes over the AI director's job, rather than playing as the zombies, but still gets to control the Tank, aka Mr X.

Which could be a very fun concept. Can't really tell anything else from just a teaser so I'm looking forward to seeing more. Going in with an open mind.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017

Agreed. Admittedly I'd be more excited for a single player RE than a multiplayer one, but this could be cool? Maybe not, but we truly have no idea.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I've no doubt RE3 Remake is coming. This is just something for Capcom to earn some cash on in the meantime. It's not for me but I'm sure it will sell well enough.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Capcom: Fans really loved RE2make
Also Capcom: Must make sure to milk those RE2 assets with a game nobody asked for

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how does a 4V1 work? Why cant the 1 just throw his whole allotment of baddies at the team in room 1?

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Left 4 Dead in a Resident Evil world could be very fun and I need more L4d. Want to see gameplay.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It could very well be fine and I'll reserve any real judgement until I see the actual game, but asymmetrical multiplayer game or L4D'em up isn't really what most people are looking for out of RE, especially after REmake2, so I think the generally deflated reaction is pretty expected.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We can only talk about that, what Capcom has shown us. It is their job to sell the game to their audience.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
So how does a 4V1 work? Why cant the 1 just throw his whole allotment of baddies at the team in room 1?

It's usually balanced to prevent such an event. Like there may be a wait period on certain abilities ala Friday the 13th. I imagine you'll just start with zombies before slowly gaining access to the stronger BOWs.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Project REuse assets.

Looks fun to play as fake wesker controlling monsters. The RE6 mode where you jump into others games was a lot of fun.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty good. Reminds me a ton of L4D. Lickers = hunters. MrX = Tank. We even see one of the survivors pinned until another survivor knocks him off. Valve has left a void in the industry, I fully welcome anyone who want to attempt to fill the gap. I'm really excited for this.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Project REuse assets.

Looks fun to play as fake wesker controlling monsters. The RE6 mode where you jump into others games was a lot of fun.
We don't yet know the extent to which they're reusing assets, do we? So far, just the Mr. X model and the zombies? If they are, though, this marks the third time these assets are being used for a game, after Resident Evil 2 and Valiant Raid (though the latter is just a smaller thing only in Japan).

I hope we get a ton of brand new, cool environments to go through, which I'm sure we will.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be either very L4D or very Evolve. Which side it leans towards will most likely decide its fate.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
see when i want REL4D I want 4v4 versus mode with RE paint. Not devolve with RE paint.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
The overreaction is really embarrassing. We dont know a single thing about the game other than its MP. Yes there have been blunders in the past but it seems just inconceivable to people that different devs with different budgets will automatically fail.

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give it a shot, they really should've just waited till TGS to show the trailer so we could at least have some information to go along with it. I just hope the game will have some substance to it and not just be quick modes you can finish in 5 minutes. I also think that people who expected REmake 3 already got some pretty unrealistic expectations considering we just got 2 and that was in development for a while.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom has been on fire recently. If this is internally developed, I'm sure it's going to be awesome

Yeah, if it's internally developed, running on the RE Engine and has an actual budget (looking at you Umbrella Corps) then I see no reason to just automatically assume that it will be bad. I have my doubts that it will sway people who are not into asymmetrical multiplayer games (of either the L4D or Dead by Daylight varieties) but I'll honestly be surprised if the game is just straight up objectively bad.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
What is the point of those zombies and monsters as biologic weapons, if untrained teenagers can simply kill them?
What makes you think this is their first encounter with these monsters? Seems like they've been dealing with this testing for quite a bit now, given their lack of fear. :P

Very much looking forward to whatever this is. Can't wait to see gameplay in a few days. Horror RE is good, action RE is good, getting both is the best.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Considering that it's been a decade since the release of L4D 2, I don't think it's unreasonable for a "modern" spin on this genre.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
But RE2 also reused a bunch of assets from RE7, I can't be mad over something like that

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I just hope it has a decent budget, they didn't exactly pump much money into the more recent multiplayer RE games.