• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Please be 4v1. My friends and I absolutely loved Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight. Just so many amazing moments in this type of game.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I always wanted a monster hunter style RE so i'm hoping this is the one, also its giving me the vibe that its going to have character creation.

Oct 25, 2017
People have found the high quality pics of the thumbnails. Not sure where, my friend sent me these.

xJRbGiZ.jpg

tuP0Tpo.jpg

bGM7gLe.jpg

TGfPjJG.jpg
ugh, those characters already have me with one foot out the door.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I always wanted a monster hunter style RE so i'm hoping this is the one, also its giving me the vibe that its going to have character creation.

I dunno about character creation (but if so, it'd be a nice touch, if the options were vast). But that definitely would be a decent update on the Outbreak formula. Especially if they pulled in more than just a variety of Tyrants to fight. We need the likes of the Zombie Elephant back in the mix.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Imagine if they scrapped REmake3 and made it a Dead by Daylight game where 1 player is Nemesis. I'd be sad as hell.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Feel like a RE2 cut DLC, just an extra mode to original game but Capcom decides to extend further development and sell as a new game.
Character design looks so awful. Look like they hire a bunch of 30-40ish cheap-ass actors and remodeled their faces into college students.

lfrxe0x7rgj31.png

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like a RE2 cut DLC, just an extra mode to original game but Capcom decides to extend further development and sell as a new game.
Character design looks so awful. Look like they hire a bunch of 30-40ish cheap-ass actors and remodeled their faces into college students.

lfrxe0x7rgj31.png
I would pay full price for an RE X Highschool Musical crossover.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So with these being College Freshman likely, the dude with the dog tags sticks out. As he wouldn't have had time to serve. So I'm really digging this theory

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
i remember my friends being super hyped for operation racoon city...i never got the hype but i guess there are people who this delivers something to

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not really bothered about this one if it's a multiplayer game. I'll wait for RE3 remake and RE8.

Hopefully it turns out good for the people that like multiplayer, the last few RE spin off multiplayer games haven't exactly been great though.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
On a somewhat related note, Capcom's digital card game Teppen has their first expansion focused on RE being released in September. I wouldn't be surprised if its launch coincides with this announcement.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
You think only those who served wears dog tags? How cute :p
Yeah, if he is related to Billy, it could just be his little brother, cousin or other family member that's still donning his tags in his honor.

And this series loves having younger relations of established canon characters that are almost as proficient as their elder counterparts.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
How are people praising outbreak but also saying these characters have terrible designs and are bland. They look very similar to the design of characters from outbreak to me.

Oct 29, 2017
OUTBREAK. Honestly, if it really is Outbreak then it's a really smart thing to have another player control one of the enemies or more of them. Adds a nice curveball to the old Outbreak formula and adds opportunities for some great online moments. In Outbreak once you knew what to do most enemies were not a threat, but in this if you add normal enemies and a player controlled one you can get a pretty deadly combination.

Jul 24, 2018
I can see it now.

Four characters getting ready to join forces and fight the zombie outbreak. Suddenly, Nemesis appears and obliterates them all in a matter of seconds. Cut to him saying "STARS" and a shot of Jill Valentine. The title morphs from Project Resistance to Resident Evil 3.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I can see it now.

Four characters getting ready to join forces and fight the zombie outbreak. Suddenly, Nemesis appears and obliterates them all in a matter of seconds. Cut to him saying "STARS" and a shot of Jill Valentine. The title morphs from Project Resistance to Resident Evil 3.

I also think this is going to be close to your description. Remember someone here (forgot the username) said RE3make would be different than what fans expect...

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
God, Leechman was so good in Outbreak. Easily the most underappreciated Stalker Enemy.

oh god the ptsd is coming back.

So with these being College Freshman likely, the dude with the dog tags sticks out. As he wouldn't have had time to serve. So I'm really digging this theory

Billy's younger brother maybe? Got secretly visited by him between RE0 and RE3, leading him to prepare for the worst case scenario?

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Billy's younger brother maybe? Got secretly visited by him between RE0 and RE3, leading him to prepare for the worst case scenario?
Even if there was no contact in that frame of time (and if Billy was/is still a fugitive on the run, that probably would be so), it's not like this series doesn't have a thing for "younger relatives of established characters receiving training earlier on that makes them almost as much of a badass as their elder".

Usually, I'd complain that things like this make the in-game world too "small", but hell, it's been AGES since we've seen or heard of anything pertaining to Billy. I'd take it.

Really hoping it's not multiplayer only.

This is another one of my concerns, too. Another effort geared towards "MP-only GAAS" is pretty much a game that I won't likely have the time for.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
They look like mismatched Left 4 Dead cast. Odd miss by Capcom on the character design front.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Even if there was no contact in that frame of time (and if Billy was/is still a fugitive on the run, that probably would be so), it's not like this series doesn't have a thing for "younger relatives of established characters receiving training earlier on that makes them almost as much of a badass as their elder".

Usually, I'd complain that things like this make the in-game world too "small", but hell, it's been AGES since we've seen or heard of anything pertaining to Billy. I'd take it.

This is another one of my concerns, too. Another effort geared towards "MP-only GAAS" is pretty much a game that I won't likely have the time for.

Yeah, billy getting any sort of acknowledgement at this point would be great.
Dude went to the woods and hasn't been hear from since.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
How are people praising outbreak but also saying these characters have terrible designs and are bland. They look very similar to the design of characters from outbreak to me.

Outbreak characters looks like 90s Americans while this one looks like 2010 Americans. I guess some people didn't like how people look at 2010s?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I actually like the design of these characters. They're different from what we see in RE, but they still fit pretty well with the new style. If these were reduced to the older RE style, they'd fit with the outbreak cast IMO. Also it's kind of crazy how diverse the Outbreak cast was for the time.

147201-stranger-e1333179916772.jpg

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Dusk had some tweets up summerizing this could be a mode that was made for RE3 Remake that either 1. Was made into a full fledged game or 2. Could be actually part of a multiplayer mode for RE3 Remake.

Just can't shake the original reporting of how "RE3 Remake is not what you are going to expect it to be". That leak in March and now the announcement of this is just way to coincidental