• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is everyone just missing that the screenshots looks more like Outbreak than ORC and Umbrella Corps ever did? So much doom n gloom.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Personally disappointed that it's not a single player survival horror title

but

I love Dead by Daylight so I'm kinda looking forward to this

JoJokomoko

May 31, 2019
Thailand
Christ alive, that character design is so boring.

Just like some of the outbreak cast
latest

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Fucking 4v1 again?

Well I will play it for sure cause it's RE but damn does it sound generic...
What would get you hooked? For me it would be like some kind of dungeon master thing I guess, where the 1 player (if there is 1 player) can put monsters and lay traps trying to make the escape of the 4 more dangerous/difficult.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I wonder if this might have been the r3make some people got info about? I'm assuming it's set in Raccoon City, so I could see the confusion.

Anyway, this is not the type of game I enjoy, but I hope Capcom knows what they are doing. They have tried a multiplayer take on RE multiple times and failed at every turn (not couting co-op games like RE5, obviously).

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Really hoping 4 v 1 is a feature, rather than the sole hook, akin to L4D (player controlled opponents being optional)
Screens look great though!

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
People have found the high quality pics of the thumbnails. Not sure where, my friend sent me these.

xJRbGiZ.jpg

tuP0Tpo.jpg

bGM7gLe.jpg

TGfPjJG.jpg
God, those are awful. Most of Capcom's character designs lately have been way too grounded and the faces all suck.
Res. Evil Rev. 2
RE7
RE2 Remake
DMC V

Why did they go all in with this? To appeal to the West? Does in make development easier as they're scanning real people?

Monster Hunter World seems to have escaped it at least.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
So capcom's gaas attempt with a re skin? They were saving the franchise from total annihilation, with re7 and re2 remake. And now this?? Ugh.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not really interested in a resident evil multiplayer game but if this doesn't replace RE8 I don't mind

Oct 26, 2017
God, those are awful. Most of Capcom's character designs lately have been way too grounded and the faces all suck.
Res. Evil Rev. 2
RE7
RE2 Remake
DMC V

Why did they go all in with this? To appeal to the West? Does in make development easier as they're scanning real people?

Monster Hunter World seems to have escaped it at least.

The vast majority of Capcom sales are in the west.
It's not about appeling to the west, they made a new ENGINE and used photogrammetry, that's it lol
And there's nothing awful about Leon, Dante, Nero, Claire, Ada, Vergil faces in RE Engine.

Now real people faces suck, not everything has to be anime.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
lol at the people who thought Capcom would need a public call for testers for a mainline entry/remake.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
It would be nice for there to be a single player mode which will atleast include a barebones story.

Hamo

Feb 16, 2019
You'd think Capcom had just released two awful RE games back to back with some of the replies. At least wait until the game is fully announced and gameplay has been shown off before claiming Capcom are ruining the franchise again. It might not be RE8 or RE3, it might not be Outbreak, but there's still potential to be a good multiplayer game.

Oct 26, 2017
You'd think Capcom had just released two awful RE games back to back with some of the replies. At least wait until the game is fully announced and gameplay has been shown off before claiming Capcom are ruining the franchise again. It might not be RE8 or RE3, it might not be Outbreak, but there's still potential to be a good multiplayer game.

This is ERA, we are dealing with the same thing when games get announced or leaked.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Ya know... I was just thinking... Dusk's original leak was that RE3 was being remade but not in the way that we would think...

There's no way that this is in fact the "remake" right? A scenario based multiplayer game set during the events of RE2 and RE3?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Ya know... I was just thinking... Dusk's original leak was that RE3 was being remade but not in the way that we would think...

There's no way that this is in fact the "remake" right? A scenario based multiplayer game set during the events of RE2 and RE3?

It's definitely not R3make. But I believe it might be the game so people thought it would be R3make.

The info we had is that that game would be announced very soon, that was several months ago. So either it's this game, or R3make is going on through some kind of reboot or some other change.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
If the '1' experience has strategic depth, and they stick to the tropes of Resident Evil (keys, limited ammo, attack/avoid zombies) I could see this being a good translation of RE to multiplayer.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

lol come on, this clearly isn't RE3 remake. However this very well could be what people thought was RE3 remake as the game appears to be set in Raccoon City and could fall in line with the rumours going around a while back about RE3 remake being 'totally different' from what RE2 remake was.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
It's definitely not R3make. But I believe it might be the game so people thought it would be R3make.

The info we had is that that game would be announced very soon, that was several months ago. So either it's this game, or R3make is going on through some kind of reboot or some other change.

I'm guessing that they didn't expect such a positive reception to what was a fairly traditional remake, and that if we do see RE3, it'll look more like RE2.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
People have found the high quality pics of the thumbnails. Not sure where, my friend sent me these.

xJRbGiZ.jpg

tuP0Tpo.jpg

bGM7gLe.jpg

TGfPjJG.jpg
Any Youtube video automatically generates at least 3 thumbnails that can be accessed by the following:
Code:
i.ytimg.com/vi/[VIDEO ID]/maxres1.jpg
i.ytimg.com/vi/[VIDEO ID]/maxres2.jpg
i.ytimg.com/vi/[VIDEO ID]/maxres3.jpg

This applies to YouTube premiers as well, as the videos are already uploaded.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Did ORC have melee weapons? Also man the RE Engine is pretty damn impressive I was sure those were real live screenshot.