• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Idk what it is but everyone's character model looks weird outside of Leon? Not a fan of this look fucking the past 3 resident evil games we've got looks better lol. Didn't go expecting a lot but I'm a huge re fan so I guess it's cool seeing Leon and Claire again. Will finish it later tonight..

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
I'm 13 minutes in and this is hot garbage, obviously not going to make spoilers, but they keep pushing the same BS forever, seriously, after so many years and their elite top notch agents are not trained in any way. Come on

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Also, hearing young Leon voicing what is suppose to be old veteran Leon sounds weird.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Vendetta was boring & slow outside of the action scenes.

Haven't seen this, but man, why can't they just use the game character models as guidance?

Leon looked too old for the events supposedly after 4 but before 5 & Claire looks like a different person altogether... : /

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
My eyes are terrible--I initially thought these were the same models made from the RE Engine.
I'd be very disturbed if humans looked like this.
mYaduDcr6rFQEPXgiV7pxR.jpg

Resident-Evil-Infinite-Darkness-Claire-Poster-Header.jpg

And frankly you don't need RE Engine to make characters look the way they do in those games. 3rd party studios like 3Lateral are involved in the production of Capcom's RE Engine titles and a lot of other AAA games. Which is why Epic scooped them up.

Last edited:

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
3 episodes in and this is just boring, lame and ugly. not worth my time.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Blew through it at work. CG is a mixed bag, some scenes look great, some not so much, the flashback scenes in the fictional middle eastern country looked especially bad. Overall I enjoyed it though, just dumb and schlocky.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
man the lip sync is slightly off which is distracting...it says English is the original language...

Oct 25, 2017
The void
On episode 3. It sucks. The "I wish I had some cheese" joke in ep 2 makes this an instant 0/10 for me. It is very boring and uninteresting. With 4 20+ minute episodes, there is no reason this couldn't have been another one of their CGI movies.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
That was absoultely horrendous and I hold the OP personally responsible for making me watch it, get that man banned ASAP.

Santerestil

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So, this thing is terrible like the other CG movies, but for reasons is divided in four episodes...

...someone wasn't expected this?

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
The CG movies (Degeneration, Damnation, Vendetta, and this new Netflix series Infinite Darkness) exist in the same continuity as the games and are canon.

Then there's the 6 Paul W. S. Anderson Resident Evil movies off in their own continuity.

Then there's the upcoming theatrical movie Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City which seems to be a more faithful adaptation of the games, apparently based mostly on RE2.

And then there's the new live action Netflix series starring Lance Reddick, with weird post apocalyptic Wesker family drama. It seems about as faithful to the games as the Paul W. S. Anderson movies, which is to say not very.

Alright thanks! I just finished the entire mainline series (games) so now I wanna start watching all the movies and stuff. How much of this is on Netflix? I know they have a lot of RE so I'll check it out this weekend or something anyway. Just curious if the Anderson movies are on there too.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not expecting this to be good, but is it at least entertaining somewhat?

like, Vendetta was pretty bad but very entertaining and unintentionally hilarious at points, and Degeneration and Damnation were… OK

Mar 19, 2020
So I'm not expecting this to be good, but is it at least entertaining somewhat?

like, Vendetta was pretty bad but very entertaining and unintentionally hilarious at points, and Degeneration and Damnation were… OK

It's still goofy as hell but they seemed to go for a slightly more grounded approach? Like you wont see Leon doing anything nuts like in Vendetta.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
Watched the first one, was decent.

But there's really something wrong with the audio.
They mastered it all wrong. Voices are very silent and effects like gun shots are very loud.

I constantly had to lower en raise the volume while watching. Annoying!

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Bit disappointed when I find out that it's only 4 short episodes: basically is another CG movie split in four parts, focused for the 100th time around bio weapons, viruses and how 'cool' Leon is.

As a big RE fan since the first game, I think the show is ok but sometimes a bit boring. The series needs a reboot and probably a new studio that delivers better computer graphics.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Ahh we're all yelling in a very nonspecific language so we can't get into trouble with any specific group!"

Oct 27, 2017
1st episode is boring so far.

I'm tired of Presidents, Washington, government agents.etc. Can we get back to old rotted mansions? towns and police stations filled with crazy people and monsters? fog riddled, dark forests? something more interesting than this, at least something that has a sense of atmosphere?

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
So here I am bamboozled by the fact that this is just 4 episodes aka film length. I thought it would be much longer but I guess the plot doesn't allow it. I guess they went for the castlevania strategy. The first season also had 4 episodes.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
LET'S GOOOO

I'll do a virtual watch party with my friends for this one, can't wait!

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Watched all 4 without knowing there's only 4 episodes. I think it's somehow worse than Degeneration...

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
2 episodes in, and it's basically in line with Degeneration, if maybe better (I actually haven't seen the two other CG films fully yet, but that will change later this year). I did kind of like the
submarine outbreak with the zombie rats.

I thought this would be longer through, and not sub 2 hour movie length really.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Man, I mean no disrespect to the voice actor but that voice does not match with Leon, I really miss Matthew Mercer.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
1st episode is boring so far.

I'm tired of Presidents, Washington, government agents.etc. Can we get back to old rotted mansions? towns and police stations filled with crazy people and monsters? fog riddled, dark forests? something more interesting than this, at least something that has a sense of atmosphere?

A videogame set in an atmospheric village came out literally two months ago.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Finished all 4 chapters. Pretty bad for both story and cinematic wise :(
The action isn't good to look at, kinda funny even. Narrative is slow and boring, you can cut 70% of useless talking.
Whatever next CGI movie is, I wish they would try to make it more interesting.