• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Like others, I'm kinda bummed that they didn't use the RE2 Remake faces. Leon looks great but Claire is off, they need to just base all the future models directly off the Remake versions and just make adjustments to those as necessary for aging on the later timelines instead of doing it from scratch.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
So is this set in the same canon as the three other CG movies, or is this solely attached to RE2R as far as continuity is concerned?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like others, I'm kinda bummed that they didn't use the RE2 Remake faces. Leon looks great but Claire is off, they need to just base all the future models directly off the Remake versions and just make adjustments to those as necessary for aging on the later timelines instead of doing it from scratch.
CAPCOM doesn't care at all if the models don't match. Just look at Chris in RE7 and Vendetta, both released only few months in between.

NotAHero___2.0.jpg

1*KJGY-xGsm7LUihbl53WSRg.jpeg

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
RE CG movies and RE games are same canon

A part of me figured that, but the movies really go a bit more more over the top than the games do most of the time, so it's hard to fit them together.

I really enjoyed the CG films. I guess I'll rewatch them to catch my girlfriend up before jumping into the new series. Can't wait!

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
A part of me figured that, but the movies really go a bit more more over the top than the games do most of the time, so it's hard to fit them together.

I really enjoyed the CG films. I guess I'll rewatch them to catch my girlfriend up before jumping into the new series. Can't wait!
More over the top than RE6?

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
RE6 has Ada fighting against clone ada. It also as chris fighting against 2 giant. The main villain also turn into a t rex, a lion and a giant mosquito.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad to have the REmake actors in this, they did an awesome job.
I hope this is good. Not of fan of the CGI movies except the first one.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
This is probably how REmake 4 Leon will sound if the voice actor tries to match his age, i suppose this movie takes place a little after RE4.
I don't find the premise that interesting tbh, the part about the painting is a little stupid lol but who knows.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nick Apostolides' voice is gonna sound weird coming out of post-RE4 Leon.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll see Ashley in this, since it takes place at the White House two years after RE4. I'm sure that'll just be another missed opportunity, though.

Should be possible. As far as we're aware, Graham was president from 2000-2008. Then Benford, who was the VP of the new administration that took over in 2009, became president in 2011.

So if this series is set in 2006, Graham should still be president and Ashley should still be hanging around the White House - probably under heavy armed guard after what happened before.

It'd be nice to know what she got up to in the years after her kidnapping. A lot of us had believed that Sherry in RE6 was actually Ashley, after all, and that she had decided she was going to fight against bioterrorism instead of being a victim of it.

Deadmangaming

Nov 24, 2020
User Banned (2 Weeks): Off-Topic Spam Accross Multiple Threads; Account in Junior Phase
help, l cant get a hand on a ps5, can someone with a ps5 can let me play the re8 maiden demo on my ps4 pro through remote play?

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Leon looks GREAT, but seems like they're continuing the tradition of changing Claire's face in every new thing she appears in.

I liked her RE2 Remake face - it was kinda grounded in a way that I found more and more appealing the longer I saw her.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Could be a fun time. I expect more Vendetta dumbness though.

Leon looks GREAT, but seems like they're continuing the tradition of changing Claire's face in every new thing she appears in.

I liked her RE2 Remake face - it was kinda grounded in a way that I found more and more appealing the longer I saw her.

Leon doesn't have his RE2make chin though which is bizarre. Capcom hates consistency.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
I like Leon & Claire, but they need to do new character combos - along with giving other characters other than Leon the spotlight.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Boy I sure hope Leon and Claire make it out of this jam that takes place like a decade before their last adventure

entheo

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm one of the weirdos that prefers the new voices of Claire & Leon to the old ones. Looking forward to watching this!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rev 2 was the first attempt to de-dollify Claire and to generally make her look more human. I can absolutely imagine Rev 2 being an older version of RE2 at a higher fidelity.
Then I don't really get the issue with the Tv series Claire. She is so obviously based on the Rev 2 Claire.

And the Remake Claire isn't that young. Believing that she'd age up to Rev 2 is a way bigger hurdle of disbelief for me

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Then I don't really get the issue with the Tv series Claire. She is so obviously based on the Rev 2 Claire.

And the Remake Claire isn't that young. Believing that she'd age up to Rev 2 is a way bigger hurdle of disbelief for me
Claire's 19 in 2. And has one of the most stressful jobs ever. Rev 2 is more than ten years later.