• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damnation is my fave.

NaH was fun, especially for free DLC. There are some cheap deaths in there (the booby trapped room if you happen to press X too early) but the checkpoints are fair. Gunplay is also far better because Chris is a capable soldier, the enemies pose no challenge at all. I prefer the original game upgraded shotgun though.

Oct 25, 2017
For NAH honestly i'd have preferred a different main weapon.
I felt like more of a badass operative
as Mia with a Bizon

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah thats true. But Chris has always been about shotguns and handguns.

I also beat Bayou Billy. Its ridiculous but rather fun. It wasn't that easy though, The bosses were tough and the gators can fuck you up if you don't follow the script (there is always extra spears if you go around first). There is also a bomb before you encounter a group.

Thats my issue with both DLC, they're heavily scripted which feels the new mechanics more like required gimmicks. The contamination with Chris for example, its only an issue in the first room, from there you'll grab the upgrade and its a non issue. They're no real different from CoD campaigns. OG game, esp. until the 2 keycards, is the best 7 offers.

I also feel the choice you have to make in RE7 is terribad. There is just no reason to choose Zoe. They might as well patch it out.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
I also feel the choice you have to make in RE7 is terribad. There is just no reason to choose Zoe. They might as well patch it out.

I chose Zoe on my first playthrough >_>
I believed she would be able to help me further on because she knew what's going on and knew her way around. Plus I was kind of mad at Mia.

Who knew she would simply go missing two minutes later.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Its funny. With all the wacky stuff that happens in this and past RE games I just can't get over
Chris sticking his arm in liquid nitrogen and coming out completely unscathed
Really enjoyed Not a Hero though, looking forward to starting End of Zoe now

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Damnation. I think Vendetta is objectively the best of the three, but Damnation was probably my favorite. It felt the closest to Resident Evil 4. I also liked Madam President better than the villain from Vendetta. That being said, some of the action sequences in Vendetta were really something else.

I love the choice because in my opinion, Mia is clearly the "correct" choice, and the devs have pretty much indicated as such by making it canon with End of Zoe - however, because you do indeed have a choice of whether or not to save Zoe, it gives the decision more weight than if Ethan had just grabbed Mia and left in a passive cutscene. You feel more immersed and responsible for what befalls Zoe because you actively decided not to save her. That, in turn, makes End of Zoe more emotionally and narratively satisfying, because you're finally getting a chance to fight for someone that you had decided to sacrifice.
Is it weird that I think the "crystalized" Zoe from the DLC is prettier than the normal one? >_>
The way her character model looks when you're carrying her is breathtaking, especially in VR. She looks photorealistic, it's insane.

---

Both Not a Hero and End of Zoe were amazing, by the way. Loved them. Had some issues with the story in NaH and with the gameplay in EoZ, so they ended up balancing each other out well. The end of EoZ was so good, what a great way to close out the game as a whole. RE7 is probably my game of the generation at this point in time.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
started to replay resident evil 4 last night. i was curious and let some of the villagers near the gun-dealer and they killed him with dynamite. shoot! i can't upgrade anymore, does he come back or is he gone for good?

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its good DLC, I had a day of fun with them. I did buy Gold on the cheap so I technically didn't pay for it. Would probably feel a tad ripped off if I had bought the SP at launch. But I skipped RE7 when it came out because of a huge backlog I was playing through. Then I just waited for Gold.

As for DLC, I think 5 still reigns supreme. Its the DLC that makes that game even remotely enjoyable for me. I hated the campaign, especially solo. Mercs was fine though. But I loved both DLC chapters. I felt the campaign never really went all out, firefights were over when I started to warm up. Especially when with 2 players.

Well Desperate Escape is relentless, and feels like you're constantly being terrorized by everything this game has to offer. Which is actually true. The helipad finale is rather sick. I could play that one over and over again in co-op and had some decent scores on the Ps3 leaderboard.

Lost in Nightmares was a welcome change of pace and I absolutely loved that one. This one is good in both solo and co-op. I usually rinsed it and was thrilled when I actually beat Wesker in the duel, didn't know it was possible. Too bad on PS4 it seems a ghost town online. On Ps3 I found games late into the system's life, a lot from Asia.

started to replay resident evil 4 last night. i was curious and let some of the villagers near the gun-dealer and they killed him with dynamite. shoot! i can't upgrade anymore, does he come back or is he gone for good?

I think he comes back after a set period. Unless you're on Professional, then you're supposed to be fucked.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its either an after amount of time or he reappears when he's with an updated stock at a new location. He does reappear on normal.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Not really a spoiler. But this is what you're treated with if you can make it to the end of the Black out tunnel without night vision

Oct 25, 2017
Was doing some Christmas shopping today and Bestbuy had Vendetta on Bluray for $9, definitely worth the price so I finally bought it.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I killed him on Normal once and he didn't come back.
Its either an after amount of time or he reappears when he's with an updated stock at a new location. He does reappear on normal.

ah, thanks guys, hopeful i don't have to redo a part.

here's another regina capture. hard the get the face right, this one is perfect =)
28isyz.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing RE5 on PS4. I just love how this game looks still, damn. Lost in Nightmares just looks fantastic. Was playing it on Vet.

I just found out you can do the special 5 hit combo on Wesker on LiN also. Yeah, after 7 years lol.

Managed to stun him with gunshots, never really tried to shoot from up close before. Its an insta win. I dunno if there is a foul proof strategy but during some kicks he eats bullets.

Lost in Nightmares never gets old for some reason, though the keepers are easier with a human helper because you can just sandwich them.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing RE5 on PS4. I just love how this game looks still, damn. Lost in Nightmares just looks fantastic. Was playing it on Vet.

I just found out you can do the special 5 hit combo on Wesker on LiN also. Yeah, after 7 years lol.

Managed to stun him with gunshots, never really tried to shoot from up close before. Its an insta win. I dunno if there is a foul proof strategy but during some kicks he eats bullets.

Lost in Nightmares never gets old for some reason, though the keepers are easier with a human helper because you can just sandwich them.
Are you playing through RE5 solo? I've been considering doing a solo RE5 run because I've never done one, have only done co-op. I'm not even sure how I'd play the game without a human partner, I feel like it'd be a completely different and substantially more difficult experience.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Are you playing through RE5 solo? I've been considering doing a solo RE5 run because I've never done one, have only done co-op. I'm not even sure how I'd play the game without a human partner, I feel like it'd be a completely different and substantially more difficult experience.

It plays fantastic, i dont do multiplayer so i dont know about coop but the AI is great, her aim is crazy, it's like she has aimbot, give her a auto sniper rifle and you're set for the entire game.

Oct 25, 2017
5 is such an amazing game imo.

Controls are definitely weird after REV1, RE6, REV2 and RE7 but absolutely everything else holds up.
Graphically the only part of the game I don't like is the marshlands.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LiN looks crazy good and I don't think there is any framedrop on the Pro. Its the cutscenes, with their global saturated colors, that look way worse than the gameplay.

These DLC cost just a fiver back then. Times have changed.

Yeah there is hardly any activity online on PS4. I remember on Ps3 there was always activity, no matter when. Game was new and sold gangbusters that gen.

RE5 solo is worse than co-op. The AI, though somewhat better in the remaster, isn't perfect. And it can die which means you're game over as well. I'd say its more difficult, but it depends on who you play with. I've also played with dudes that would die on Amateur even.

What the AI does very good indeed, is sniping. It will cap enemies off vantage points. I usually gave the AI a Sniper and SMG. If you send the AI to deal with the Lickers its lots of retries, but if you go yourself and let the AI take potshots then its fine.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The worst thing about RE5's AI is that it doesn't do melee, unless you start a melee chain and the AI happens to be close by. A dude is lying on the ground? The AI will shoot him. A guy is stumbling around after being shot in the head? The AI will shoot him some more.

The AI in 6 on the other hand does melee whenever the opportunity arises, and you can even actively get her to attack and prioritize melee with the "Move" command.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't think AI Chris does superman punches after a headshot. It wastes more ammo instead. The AI also never uses grenades I think. Perhaps because its unsafe. But giving it grenades is only for inventory space reasons. But i'm somewhat sure the AI does stomp enemies on the ground.

RE6 has better AI anyway, because it cannot game over you. Which makes the AI way less of a hindrance, much like Gears of War's AI already was. RE5 always has this factor that the AI can get stuck and instakilled which means you're done for as well. Thats my single biggest gripe. Even if it hardly did shit, as long as the AI won't permanently die and Game Over me i'd be fine with it.

Oct 29, 2017
Arsenal Gear
I've been trying to play rev2, still on chapter one but in Barry's perspective, are the weird regenerator type enemies his only enemy at a certain point? Is it worth to keep playing "storywise", I gotta admit this is like the third time I've tried with this game but it's not really grabbing me. These new enemy types aren't scary just kinda annoying to have to switch characters back and forth to see weak points.

Other thing, does anyone still play RE5's mercenaries? I've been having no luck finding folks. :(

Newnie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really a spoiler. But this is what you're treated with if you can make it to the end of the Black out tunnel without night vision

I dont even have to press play on this video because I already know what you're about to show and witnessed this on my first play through and thought it was the dumbest shit ever.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So I forgot to mention that playing Not a Hero on professional made me enjoy it more.
While it makes no sense for Chris Redfield to go into those mines with "on-site procurement". The game
forcing me to learn deflects was a nice touch. Did the first playthrough of it on normal never even doing them.
Which I now regret since they're essentially RE6's counters.

Between that, end of joe, and nightmare. The combat is nice and tense just like it was back in RE4 and RE5.
Like all things considered. If they combined all of those combat mechanics from each game together. Even in First Person you could essentially still have mercs gameplay, though it'd be more akin to RE4s.