• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's safe to say he's a pretty reliable source for resident evil leaks as he projected resident evil 8 coming out in May back in 2020 and that just got confirmed.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
That'd be wonderful. Considering how good the game is alongside the fact it's part of the PS Collection, it would be a great way to build hype for 8.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I was *just* saying I wanted to play RE7, I guess I'll wait a little longer!

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Maybe those other announcements are everything that was missing in today's showcase. "Lots of news", yeah sure.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I mean if you need consistent performance for motion sickness then lets do a switcheroo of the exclusivity deal the last game got and make it a PCVR exclusive :D

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the patch gets revealed/released before I reach RE7 in my series wide playthrough.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean if you need consistent performance for motion sickness then lets do a switcheroo of the exclusivity deal the last game got and make it a PCVR exclusive :D
This would upset me but not as much as VR not being there at all. At least if it was PCVR exclusive I could hold out hope for a PSVR2 port in the future. No VR whatsoever is the worst possible outcome.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
This would upset me but not as much as VR not being there at all. At least if it was PCVR exclusive I could hold out hope for a PSVR2 port in the future. No VR whatsoever is the worst possible outcome.
Yeah tbf I dont want a situation where people miss out on a cool exclusive. I want more people to play Alyx on PS5 and talk about how cool that thing is.

But it's largely because of Alyx I've gotten jaded with the whole FPS horror game thing if it's just a 2D game, when VR and its potential for unique interactions has SO MUCH TO OFFER A GAME LIKE THIS 😭

So fingers crossed.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it comes soon. Suddenly got an itch to play RE7. Bless the PS+ Collection

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Next gen patch or next gen upgrade, that is the question!

Oh wait! The VII and VIII complete pack are listed as for PS5...

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Sweet, haven't really started it. I tried going in with VR, but I hadn't used my VR in a while and uh... RE7 isn't the easiest experience for reacclimating oneself, to put it mildly.

Although my nausea levels were probably matching the character's, so that's pretty immersive.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I want that next-gen update ASAP, I've been wanting to do a replay of RE7 ever since I beat it in 2017 and just kept putting it off, but today's news has me at heightened enthusiasm.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase Capcom

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If they're going back to update RE7 on consoles, then it sure would be nice if they also added VR support to the PC version.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
RE Engine is pretty scalable isn't it? just crank that shit down and give me RE8VR, RE7 is ugly as a shit at times, but i cant imagine playing it any other way now.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sounds great, hopefully they also do next-gen upgrades for RE2make & RE3make.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Why in the name of god are they holding stuff back? Especially after that dismal showing of Reverse.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'd want updating is Chris to match the RE8 version but them keeping NotChris in RE:Gret makes it seem really unlikely they'll ever fix him in 7.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Seems odd to announce a bundle with RE7, that is on sale and playable right now but not mention the next-gen patch.

IMO, it's either cancelled or someone messed up in marketing. Even if it was coming later, that's a BIG selling point.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't announce RE2R and RE3R next gen patch.

I will not hold my breath for it anymore.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
If true, colour me shocked. I thought DMC5 being a paid port would set the precedent for current-gen upgrades.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded it from the ps plus collection on ps5. Glad I haven't started it yet.