• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new mechanics in Not a Hero sound good on paper, but goddamn I am not having fun with it. Hearing everyone say EOZ is worse isn't making me hopeful at all lol
If you aren't liking NaH, I suggest starting EoZ ASAP. Then you will know tedium! No but seriously, I am intrigued by what you'll think. Get on it! Life's too short for games that suck (for our individual tastes of course).

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The new mechanics in Not a Hero sound good on paper, but goddamn I am not having fun with it. Hearing everyone say EOZ is worse isn't making me hopeful at all lol

It's dramatically different. Nearly apples and oranges.

I think it's pretty good, but kind of monotonous and shallow. And it was kind of a crapshoot if you were out of range or not. And the instant kills could be a bit brutal in terms of setting you back.

But, like, I wouldn't say it's tangibly worse.

Last edited:

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Not a hero was fantastic, i love the tone of dark and insanity like the 10 chapter of The Evil Within, End of Zoe was meh, until
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Both dlc has better final boss fight than the main game, that's a plus.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
guys, halp, I am confused.

I own the original game on ps4. Never played any of the DLC after I completed the base game. Is the DLC free? What do? Do I need to buy a season pass? which order? eeergh

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
guys, halp, I am confused.

I own the original game on ps4. Never played any of the DLC after I completed the base game. Is the DLC free? What do? Do I need to buy a season pass? which order? eeergh

Not A Hero is free DLC so you can download that. End of Zoe is paid and apart of the season pass. I'd recommend waiting for a sale as the season pass isn't great value for money.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Not a Hero (took roughly 2 hours). Overall it wasn't bad but it didn't knock my socks off either. Definitely worth trying if you enjoyed the base game. The setting was just boring in my opinion--I hope for RE8 they go with an extra creepy environment loaded with more scares and enemy variety.
Going to replay on professional and then give End of Zoe a try

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Does anyone know if I already own the game on PC and buy a key for the gold version if it will just accept it as an upgrade, or will it reject it as saying I already own the game?

It's just that I can find the gold version for cheaper than I can get the season pass so I don't want to have to waste money for a few hours of DLC :/

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Is this Xbox One X Enhanced yet? I've heard from someone in the UK who says on the Gold Edition box it states Xbox One X Enhanced, but not sure if that patch is up yet?

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Picking this up later. Got in on the Best Buy price glitch for $24 last month.

Aesop

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is the new DLC as good for VR as the base game or is it just mindless Anabol-Redfield action? I sold my PSVR after RE7, not sure if it's worth getting again just for this..

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping to get some headphone recommendations for this game, will probably also ask in the headphones thread in the hangout section but it looks like they're more for music and audio then gaming?

So I'm a complete noob when it comes to headphones, I'm aware that I should avoid all that turtle beach gamer headset with built in microphones and black and red light up colour schemes that break after a few weeks, so ignoring those which ones would you recommend, I'm hoping for a comfortable pair, budget say ÂŁ50-ÂŁ100 and they'll literally only be used for the PS4.

Are the PS4 headphones OK? They look like they'll only be 'satisfactory' going by the price, probably won't last long...

And when I say I'm a noob, I mean complete noob;

-how do I connect the headphones to the PS4? Auxiliary? USB? Bluetooth?
-if I get headphones, how do I party chat? Do I then buy a random mic? How can I hear my friends talking through the headphones if I've also got the game audio coming from out there too? Won't it all be a garbled mess?

Thanks in advance.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Quick question guys .my save file from the original will work if I sell the old disk and buy this ? Same region game ofcourse cause I know saves are region locked

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the DLC thread too? Because i cant find anything else.

Anyways i need help on Not a Hero, which ive fully begun to despise and think is a really fucking bad DLC:
Hidden content

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the DLC thread too? Because i cant find anything else.

Anyways i need help on Not a Hero, which ive fully begun to despise and think is a really fucking bad DLC:
Hidden content

I can't say too much since I beat it on my first try, I just shot enemies in the head and then ran up and punched them, used the shotgun a lot and I was doing fine.

But then again I came into the fight with around 120 shotgun rounds and left with 50-something, so maybe I was just equiped well or something. Worst comes to worse, grenades would be a good idea too. I know before you enter that chamber there's a lot of supplies in the room right before it.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't say too much since I beat it on my first try, I just shot enemies in the head and then ran up and punched them, used the shotgun a lot and I was doing fine.

But then again I came into the fight with around 120 shotgun rounds and left with 50-something, so maybe I was just equiped well or something. Worst comes to worse, grenades would be a good idea too. I know before you enter that chamber there's a lot of supplies in the room right before it.
I only had around 26 shotgun shells and maybe 15 handgun ammo, and It took me 5 tries to beat it.

I really dont like heavy action in FPS Resident Evil. Its too janky and restrictive. I usually have to sit in front of an enemy for a solid second before a punch prompt shows up

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just a question about End Of Zoe. I'm playing it on my first time without using any weapons as per the achievements / trophies.

This is very early on, like when you encounter the second enemy type for the DLC

How on earth do you get past the crocodiles? I assume you can't use the spears as that will void the no weapon achievement?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
End of Zoe was actually pretty good. The game mechanics are pretty engaging, and it's a nice cap to the whole RE7 escapade. Plus I feel like the environments lend themselves better to VR when compared to Not a Hero, though foliage can be a bit rough graphically.

Overall I think NaH and EoZ would have been a lot better if melded into a varied second campaign. I especially feel like the concluding part of EoZ would have been that much more "Awww shit" if it had been the conclusion to Not a Hero, protagonist and all.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished End of Zoe last night and it took me just over an hour and I really wasn't rushing. I can see why people didn't like it because it's this short experimental thing but I thought it was alright. Joe is hilarious and the tone is really dumb in a good way.

Definelty feel like NAH was the superior piece of DLC. I bought the season pass because Resi fanboyism but it really wasn't worth the money.

I agree with Alienous. If they combined elements of these DLC they could have made a really meaty DLC.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just a question about End Of Zoe. I'm playing it on my first time without using any weapons as per the achievements / trophies.

This is very early on, like when you encounter the second enemy type for the DLC

How on earth do you get past the crocodiles? I assume you can't use the spears as that will void the no weapon achievement?

They aren't as aggressive as you'd think. They have their "zones" so you just gotta walk between them. It is a bit of trial and error though of you're going for the no weapon achievements.
They're literally the only real pain to it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll likely pick up the season pass if a proper VR mode ever comes to PC. I really enjoyed the game on PC. If not I'll just grab the DLC down the line on a sale.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Finished both DLCs yesterday and I think NAH is a pretty good addition to the main game, in terms of gameplay and leveldesign. But I´m not a fan of EoZ. Stealth is far too basic, and the boxing stuff is kind of silly and not fitting into the RE7 context imo.

Does anyone know if I already own the game on PC and buy a key for the gold version if it will just accept it as an upgrade, or will it reject it as saying I already own the game?
Yeah, this works. I bought the main game a while ago and purchased a key for the gold edition yesterday. Now I have the main game + DLC in my steam library and the store says, I own the standard- and the gold edition.

Last edited:

hypodrmage

Oct 25, 2017
Middleslime, USA
I'm having the same problem on PS4...no idea what to do.

Edit: Whoops - meant to quote that all the DLC is missing on PS4. I had the base game with the first Banned Footage. Picked up the Gold Edition Physical and nothing is showing up.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
End of Zoe question

after you finish the DLC, you get another fist (alpha), is it weaker or stronger?

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I just reached the
dinner
scene early on in the main game, and the chase that ensued, which made quit the game for the day. Hopefully there aren't many chase sequences scattered across the game, as I just don't find them thrilling to play due to their trial & error nature. I wonder if they would be changed in any way by lowering the difficulty level?

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Not a Hero was fantastic!!!! It felt like we finally got the true RE7 story that advances the RE timeline with the characters we care about. For an hour of game they packed so many different situations, it was very well designed. Great final boss, felt like a proper tyrant boss battle. We had self destruct sequences, a new lab, it was like a tiny RE game.

As for the combat mechanics, it's first person so I feel it's limited. For sure a step back from the TPS stuff but overall it felt much better than RE7 combat. Some of the rooms were very basic kill rooms, absolutely no care was put into level design and how that changes the flow of a battle. You lose the inventory management and more tense game that RE7 is to a mode with lots of combat that's clearly not as good mechanically as past TPSs. So it can feel uneven, but I feel the amount of varied situations and sequences in such a small amount of time really helps it out. I didn't have time to really dwell on the combat system where every 5 minutes I'm in a whole new situation.

It was nice to be Chris again, even if it didn't look anything like Chris.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I just reached the
dinner
scene early on in the main game, and the chase that ensued, which made quit the game for the day. Hopefully there aren't many chase sequences scattered across the game, as I just don't find them thrilling to play due to their trial & error nature. I wonder if they would be changed in any way by lowering the difficulty level?

You rapidly become equipped to deal with those moments, and
you'll only really have to deal with them in that half of the house, and not for the entire game

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
You rapidly become equipped to deal with those moments, and
you'll only really have to deal with them in that half of the house, and not for the entire game

That's reassuring to hear. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to power through them, and use walkthrough videos to avoid unnecessary frustration.

On a side note, it's somewhat annoying you can't change the difficulty level mid-game. I hope choosing normal difficulty won't turn out to be a mistake later on.

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
Finished Not a Hero in 1 hour 20 minutes. That was pretty mediocre. Some good things but mostly just boring. Had some odd design things that I don't things I didn't really like.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say that I enjoyed my time with the Gold edition content and quite fond of Not a hero. It was nice to get a small glimpse of a few things post RE6 and what the current situation is with Chris. The scenario was simple and enough little bits of info to make me curious where it will go from here.

Here's my picture thoughts of the content overall.

rSBv01j.png

Phire Phox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the callback to the original Resident Evil.

Needing to replace the real shotgun with the broken one to get it

Erebus

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Europe
I just played about half and hour of NaH and god there are so many enemies like the latter part of the regular campaign which I didn't enjoy and the location is also the underground mines that again didn't like in the regular game.

Does the location change as you progress or is it just that main hub area with the garage doors that lead to the other areas?

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Not a Hero, criminally short like End of Zoe, but has some worthwhile parts.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished Not a Hero and I really enjoyed it.
I like how you actually feel like you're playing as Chris and not as Ethan with some better tech. The melee definitely helps with immersing you as him.
Also, for those that have completed Not a Hero
how many of you detonated the trip wire during the night vision segment? I believe it's the blue door with the heat panels on the floor. There are illuminated trip wires/sensors that you can duck under and walk between. And then there is that one at the end of the room that isn't illuminated lol who tripped it? Be honest.

I thought it was fun and definitely raised some questions about what's going on in the story.
And
who is calling Chris at the end there?

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Played through both DLCs today.
I was genuinely surprised it was actually good ol' Chris, not some other guy/clone/insert theory... I mean, the guy lost his team once again, so there's no doubt it's really Chris Redfield. I know they've addressed this before, but I was still surprised. Here's to hoping they tweak his design if he appears in future games, to resemble the old model's features a bit more.

As for the End of Zoe
I actually laughed out loud when Joe started collecting "grub", and then again when he got the gauntlet. The DLC was too ridiculous not to enjoy, and short enough to not be boring.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought the Gold Edition today. I've only played the RE7 demo before, so this is going to be a new experience for me.