• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Regarding the "choice":

I never chose Zoe, but I had read that if you did, the game pretty much ended very quickly, whereas if you chose Mia, the game goes on for like a few more hours. So to me, the Zoe ending isn't even a real ending. It was a "you chose poorly, game over" kinda thing. Or was I misinformed?
As far as i know the only difference is if you choose Zoe

she dies almost immediately once you leave on the small boat, and then you start the boat mission like normal. unless there are other changes i'm not aware of

So there really is only one Right choice I guess

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
As far as i know the only difference is if you choose Zoe

she dies almost immediately once you leave on the small boat, and then you start the boat mission like normal. unless there are other changes i'm not aware of

So there really is only one Right choice I guess

There is a small bossfight that only happens if you choose Zoe.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 in VR is worth it for survival horror

The two newly released dlc's are nothing like it and more action which is a joke considering they last an hour and one of them cost £12.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Haven't played the base game yet and was thinking about getting the complete Gold edition. Is the DLC any good?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played the base game yet and was thinking about getting the complete Gold edition. Is the DLC any good?

Game is good but the DLC...
superthumb.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Best Not a Hero, took my time, got most all collectibles, took me a a bit over 2 hours, but plan to play it on Professional to see the differences.

Enjoyed it though, favorite bit was the green door. Boss battles were good.

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhh i forgot this was releasing today--I could use a break from final fantasy for some horror! Hope the add-ons are good

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 survival horror, Perfect VR experience and great game all round

Not a hero and End of Zoe dlc's are abysmal, Waste of money for 1 hour each! Punching bosses when you couldn't in the main game just to cater to action resi fans is a joke.

What a complete 180 from the main game, Took em 9 months for that rubbish dlc.

Where was the horror mentioned for EOZ.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
This might be a silly question, but how do I access the Not A Hero DLC? I start the game, but I don't see it in the 'Extras' section. Also, when I look it up on the Steam Store, it appears, I click on download, but it just opens my RE7 game (and no, the DLC is still not in there) :/.

EDIT: Nvm! I only had to restart Steam.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Best Not a Hero, took my time, got most all collectibles, took me a a bit over 2 hours, but plan to play it on Professional to see the differences.

Enjoyed it though, favorite bit was the green door. Boss battles were good.

finished it, as well. kinda disappointed - combat overkill, & didn't feel lucas
got quite the send-off he deserved
:) ...

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Finished not a hero in 1h45, it was fun but a bit underwhelming to be honest. Will have to try the unlock i got on professional, its some fun shooting but nothing to write home about compared to the main game.

Played 10 minutes of end of zoe and i fucking loved it mainly because I find the mechanic
comboing molded with punches
really fun and I also like the main character. Had to stop only because i gotta work tomorrow, but I'll get right back to it, hope its longer than not a hero and that the few stuff we learned in NaH are a bit expanded upon even though i doubt it.
These 2 dlc are still very fun to play, but a clear departure from the main game.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone been able to claim the DLC for the Grotesque version on Xbox One? I even tried downloading the English Not A Hero from another marketplace but it didn't show up in my game despite being listed under DLC

Oct 27, 2017
I had this preordered and I've been looking forward to checking this out in VR, because it seems incredible! ...Only I got PSVR recently, and couldn't stand Kitchen because it was so tense. Now I'm not sure how I'm going to cope, haha! How did those of you who played the game in VR brave through 20-odd hours of this?

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Not a Hero in VR and nnnggggg it felt so good to return to this!

As a non-VR DLC it's probably too short and uninspired to be praise worthy but with the added immersion I did feel tense throughout it all. They really nailed the UI and the claustrophobic environments.

I guess I'll also have to get Zoe even if it also had a somewhat lukewarm reception, at least to properly thank this dev team for all their efforts.

Crossing fingers for a sequel announcement in 2018.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Not a Hero was pretty mediocre. It just feels phoned in from beginning to end, and I don't think the environments lend themselves well to VR (wider, less detailed areas rather than intimate, well-realised ones). I expect that players picking up the Gold Edition will have a much better time with it - I think it works as an epilogue chapter to RE7's main story, but less so when you've played through the game 10+ months ago.

I'm hoping End of Zoe is more engaging.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
What the fuck is with this schmaltz? Especially the ending of End of Zoe. I mean, RE7 had a lot cheese, and Resident Evil is cheese, but geez. It's... not in tone at all.
"You didn't forget about me!" My eyes are rolling and rolling... Is that really the reaction Zoe would have from speaking with Ethan again?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
What the fuck is with this schmaltz? Especially the ending of End of Zoe. I mean, RE7 had a lot cheese, and Resident Evil is cheese, but geez. It's... not in tone at all.
"You didn't forget about me!" My eyes are rolling and rolling... Is that really the reaction Zoe would have from speaking with Ethan again?

At least Ethan had more emotion in that phone call than he ever did the entire game

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to 100% the DLC but I have to study for exams tomorrow.

NaH really does just make it feel good to get back into the game. The enemy stunning, the punching, the ADS and the new weapons and tweaks to existing weapons just make it more kinetic. I like that it wants you to juggle ammo and weapon types. I don't think I've ever enjoyed nor used grenades as much in an FPS as I have in this. They have a fantastic arc and cook time.

I hope the next game keeps the stunned enemies and ADS even if the next main character can't do a proper finisher. Managing a small horde with stuns and CC attacks is more enjoyable than kiting bulletsponges.

I like the seemingly randomized loot in End of Zoe (it's kind of arcadey), but I also wonder if it's not just strange difficult balancing (invisible slider).

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
So is EoZ not worth the extra money? I bought the base game in January and I'm probably going to play through Not a Hero tonight but $15 for a couple hours of EoZ feels like a rip. I might just watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
So is EoZ not worth the extra money? I bought the base game in January and I'm probably going to play through Not a Hero tonight but $15 for a couple hours of EoZ feels like a rip. I might just watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

I feel as though the season pass is a good deal, but I'd feel ripped off if I bought EoZ for £15.

Between the shorter dlc episodes and the mini games there is quite a lot there, but god damn EoZ for £15? No way haha

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Nah it's not worth it at $15. You'd have already bought it or the season pass if it was meant for you. It's basically hardcore fan or Action RE fan DLC only. I'd say keep an eye on the season pass going on sale though. $20 for the season pass and all content is a decent deal. Cheaper even better.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying it but I'm not sure it's worth $15

If you watch it watch the gameplay/ a let's play an not just the cutscenes tho

I feel as though the season pass is a good deal, but I'd feel ripped off if I bought EoZ for £15.

Between the shorter dlc episodes and the mini games there is quite a lot there, but god damn EoZ for £15? No way haha

Nah it's not worth it at $15. You'd have already bought it or the season pass if it was meant for you. It's basically hardcore fan or Action RE fan DLC only. I'd say keep an eye on the season pass going on sale though. $20 for the season pass and all content is a decent deal. Cheaper even better.

OK cool, thanks guys. In that case I'll just wait until the season pass is on sale, hopefully it'll be discounted during the Steam Christmas sale.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017

lol I had that reaction when I read the name for
presumably the new evil corporation which is called "The Connections"??????
and also during that fight where
Joe powerbombs one of the monsters. Also, lmfao at said monster trying to kick him during the fight!
so. much. Resident Evil. I did laugh out loud though so I guess I got something out of it.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
End of Zoe seems pretty cool, but seems to be quite short and $15 seems a bit steep for what it is.

Where in the world do I get Not a Hero on the steam version? I found the entry for the DLC on the steam store and launched the game using that, but it's nowhere to be found in the menus.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Extra Content. If you actually downloaded, the game tells you this in the menu. Maybe you missed it or didn't download it.

I will have to check tomorrow why it didn't show up on the extras page when launching from the store page, seems weird when End of Zoe and all the other DLC installed as intended,

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Finished End of Zoe, I actually liked both quite a bit but I find I have broader taste in this sort of thing I find than most people. I also know I take my time and all that, but going a lot slower than everyone else as my playtime for both was near 2 & a half hours.

Going to do Joe Must Die difficulty now and then save NaH Pro for later and an Extreme Challeges run for EoZ later as well.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Not a Hero DLC. It's amazing, can't believe it's free.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh boy, I'm going to save Joe Must Die for when I'm in the right mindset. Let me just establish, Joe Must Die difficulty is VERY different than normal difficulty. It's worth replaying, but you're gonna' need to be somewhat masochistic for it I can already tell from dying five times in the first area.

Plans to do that eventually and Not a Hero Pro difficulty soon, though.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
End of Zoe is absurdly bad. It's hilarious how a free DLC can be longer and much better. To think I thought Capcom had managed to salvage Resident Evil...

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Not A Hero. Took me 1 hour and 42 minutes. Thought it was pretty good if a little barebones. With more work they could have made it a more meaningful expansion but it does the job. I wonder how bad it was before they stepped in. Boss fights and new molded were cool if a little boring looking.

I felt a lot less charitable to the game due to this new Chris though. His VO sucks and I wish they got Roger Craig Smith back.

ladies

Oct 25, 2017
Does the gold edition come with a dlc code voucher or are they all included in the disc? I only got a slip that a voucher isn't necessary for Chris's quest. Do you need to have a finished game save first to access them?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Does the gold edition come with a dlc code voucher or are they all included in the disc? I only got a slip that a voucher isn't necessary for Chris's quest. Do you need to have a finished game save first to access them?

They're all on Disc except for Not a Hero.
Which will be free forever so it not being on the disc isn't TOO big of a deal.

ladies

Oct 25, 2017
They're all on Disc except for Not a Hero.
Which will be free forever so it not being on the disc isn't TOO big of a deal.
Thanks, I found it. If you go to the store within the in-game menu, for some reason Not a Hero doesn't show up. Do you have to first complete the game to access the Banned Footage stuff? I only have Not a Hero under extra content.

I beat the game previously but I don't have the save anymore unfortunately.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new mechanics in Not a Hero sound good on paper, but goddamn I am not having fun with it. Hearing everyone say EOZ is worse isn't making me hopeful at all lol

I feel like I'd be having more fun if I played through RE7 recently, but jumping straight into this after not touching the game for a long time is ROUGH.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thanks, I found it. If you go to the store within the in-game menu, for some reason Not a Hero doesn't show up. Do you have to first complete the game to access the Banned Footage stuff? I only have Not a Hero under extra content.

I beat the game previously but I don't have the save anymore unfortunately.

Nope all the DLC is accessible from the start if you own it.