• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
RE3 is gonna be a fun time for RE threads again.

15808356.jpg

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Anyway, I'm gladly I waited until a few months ago to try RE6. If I have played it back when it was released, I would probably have hated it. But now, with Resident Evil back on track, I can be more... patient with RE6. It's not a good game by any means, but it has interesting mechanics that when are not being sabotaged by everything else can be quite fun and even exciting (Mercenaries in where the game works best). Enemy design is a bit mixed but have some very interesting monsters and mutations.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
No thanks, it wasn't a bad game it was just too damn long, so playing it more just sounds awful. I think they could have easily cut 5 hours and it would have been a better game, many of the chapters just felt like repeats.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'll defend this game as being the best pure TPS game of all time. It's even better in retrospect because we all know that the series is back where it needs to be with RE2R. That being said, this game has it all. Tons of content, lots of locations, enemy variety, cool set pieces, epic boss fights with no shoehorning any DLC. The shooting mechanics are dope too. There was only 1 or 2 levels that I absolutely hated, but besides that, it was a fucking blast and much more fun than RE5 (worst in the series).

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
I'm with you OP. RE6 is great despite its mess. Don't let ERA get you down on this. Keep promoting RE6 as a good game.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Platinum'd it twice (PS3 and PS4). It's one of the most enjoyable shit games I've played but do not misunderstand me, it's still royally shit.

but fun

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
After REmake 2 its impossible to go back.

REmake even had better and more satisfying action moments and the bosses /enemies were far superior.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No joke: I was hyped as fuck for this game and I turned it off after like 10 minutes 6 or whatever years ago. Rental from Gamefly that I just sent back almost immediately. I think going into it with the mentality that it's over the top schlock may be my way to give it a second chance though...I'm not above that.

ranjaboy

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loves mercenaries, RE6 is not good. 10% of the game being cool doesn't absolve the other 90% from being terrible.

Level design.
Boss design.
Encounter design.

All terribly executed.

Wrestling moves cant save it from bad design.

Also, the guns are terrible to shoot.
In a shooter. :(

Last edited:

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Nice try OP but I'm not the type who enjoys rolling on piles of shit, thanks.
I have this game just to have the complete main story RE games. I will never go back to finish Leon, Sherry or Ada shitshows.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I think it's one of the poorest RE games, I was shocked how bad it was when I played it at launch, but I did somewhat enjoy the mercs mode with the new dodge mechanics and such.

I'm so happy Capcom didn't bring this style back for future mainline games. If they want to do something similar in the future just keep it for one of the spin-off games.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017

It's only passable if you have a friend to play through it with in co-op. So you can suffer through it. Together.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Now that RE2 remake is out, these threads are hard to bear. I tried many many many times to like RE6 over the years, but it's just not a very good game. It's a sloppy bottom of the barrel game with minor moments of greatness spread far apart, with an admittedly decent combat system (but a crappy campaign that doesn't really make good use of said combat system)

Glad it exists though, without it I doubt Capcom would have given an T virus shot to the decomposing corpse of "Horror RE"

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I did before RE 2 remake came out and it still sucks.

Edit: Much respect for the post below this one. Great way to look at it.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on RE6's side, boy am I ever. It's my favourite game of gen 7 and one of my favourite titles in my favourite gaming franchise, period. I've played it back to front and upside down over the last 6 years, and continue to do so. I adore it.

But at this point wheeling out old gifs and insisting that Mercs represents the mechanics at their best (completely untrue) isn't going to recruit newcomers, much less convert detractors enthusiastic about making these threads read pretty much the same every time.

People can and will continue to discover the game of their own accord due to the series' legacy/pedigree alone. RE6 has a significant number of fans and they're growing all the time, and that's great.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played through RE6 recently. I had fun but the game has many many problems. Super bloated and filled to the brim with obnoxious QTEs. It's not a terrible game though and there's some fun to be had for sure.

I'm just glad the series is back on track now. I lost all interest in the franchise during RE5-6.

Oct 28, 2017
Nope it's still the worst entry in the series. Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's not gonna change.

Plus it has a freaking giraffe for a logo.

Sorry no. RE6 is terrible.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
What is it with this place and the constant stream "but, but, but RE6 is good". Nah, it sucks. I tried it again last year to see if I was being down on it (used to think it was pretty mediocre) and it was actually even worse than I remembered. The only RE game I've played and didn't like at all.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Listen OP, i played this game, day one on xbox 360. Before any patches, on the 2nd hardest difficulty. That boss with chris and piers, with the giant thing took me 1.5 hours because i kept running out of ammo and the game was so tight with ammo. It eventually got fixed with a patch but iv never gone back.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yep. Tried this game, hated it, listened to the GAF community tell me I was "playing it wrong", went back, still hated it.

The condescending fan base didn't help at all.

You'll need to point them out, since I've never seen much worse from RE6 fans than "are you sure you learned all the mechanics?" .

I'm always surprised these threads are so strongly felt.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
There's no consensus that states that the game is good, among the general audience wise it was poorly received, critically it was poorly received, and even the devs realized that they made many mistakes and don't even reference the game anymore. No amount of mercenary mode gifs change that it's a very very heavily flawed game because a dev completely lost the plot of why people liked their IP while trying to chase modern trends without the necessary understanding of why those trends work in the first place.

It not being resident evil enough isn't the problem.

Tell that to Capcom who purposefully developed RE7 by playing the first RE game. Instead of RE6.
Nope it's still the worst entry in the series. Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it's not gonna change.

Plus it has a freaking giraffe for a logo.

Sorry no. RE6 is terrible.
Worse than Survivor or Umbrella Corps?

Nah fam.

Oct 28, 2017
At this point, I'm just fascinated as to why people remake this thread over and over again. I don't really care about RE6 either way at this point, but for some people it must apparently be endlessly defended. Haven't people made up their minds about whether or not they want to play this one at this point? I think so, and I don't expect that any regular around here has reason to think much differently. But then thread titles like this one pop up "why you should give it another shot" and I think, "Why? There are so many other games out there to play. What makes RE6 so great to some people that they think it's worth another another shot from those who aren't into it?"

Seriously, what is it about this game, compared to any other, that inspires this kind of devotion? Shit, I don't even see these same threads pop up for RE5.
Cause RE5 is the GOAT. It doesn't need convincing threads. The world already knows it's the best.

Nov 8, 2017
I gave it another try this year, in coop, with Leon's campaign. It's atrocious. Combat feels worse than 4/5, the enemies and bosses aren't fun, and the story is even more nonsensical than the low Resident Evil baseline. The PC controls work but are extremely non intuitive/nonstandard and things like the healing pills system and inventory management are some of the worst design choices I've seen in a series that had already solved these problems in previous games.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Man, absolute worst resident evil. Not one of those things in the gifs is in any way fun.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
It's rare that I find a game legit painful to play, but I didn't find RE6 to be enjoyable at all. I powered through only to see how the story unfolded, and once I was done, put the game down and never came back.

It deserves its reputation.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
At this point, I'm just fascinated as to why people remake this thread over and over again. I don't really care about RE6 either way at this point, but for some people it must apparently be endlessly defended. Haven't people made up their minds about whether or not they want to play this one at this point? I think so, and I don't expect that any regular around here has reason to think much differently. But then thread titles like this one pop up "why you should give it another shot" and I think, "Why? There are so many other games out there to play. What makes RE6 so great to some people that they think it's worth another another shot from those who aren't into it?"

Seriously, what is it about this game, compared to any other, that inspires this kind of devotion? Shit, I don't even see these same threads pop up for RE5.

Well first off, the site has new members being added everyday. So for someone going "I've seen this thread" there's someone else who might not have. This doesn't even factor in the mass amounts of views from readers without accounts that the site accrues.

Secondly, there's nothing stopping you or someone else making a thread about a game you think more people should play. That's what the post thread feature is for after all. I use it all the time for Dino Crisis after all.

As for why people bother to make threads about this. It's just due to being a unique title from a gameplay perspective. Ask anyone who likes RE6 and they'll never hide the flaws the game has. But the gameplay loop and ridiculous events can lead to a good time (Though obviously not for everyone).
it's why you see the threads you do compared to say "Why you should give DMC 2 a chance".

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
It was shit then, And is still shit now.

Would have preferred the RE5 method of letting you keep your loot and drop in/out with anyone with it, Instead of pre determined loot for each section/character path.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the GIFS!! They reminds me exactly why I disliked the game so much. I hope they never come back to that kind of shit.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Resident Evil 6 is a bad game. No amount of varied combat options, environments, and set pieces changes that when it's all either done very poorly or in the case of the combat options, not taught or necessary for anything in the game outside of say, Mercenaries.

It has been 7 years. Move on.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
They could have made a different new IP or market it as an spin-off and I would totally loved it but being a numbered RE title I simply couldn't enjoy it.