• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It's one of my favorite games in the series, so great news for me!!

I think that I need to play the hd version for ps4 now once and for all hahah

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Maybe after RE4, REmake and RE0 come to switch they can get RE5 and RE6 on there to boost the sales a bit more. Heck, you could probably even get split screen co-op working in tablet mode!

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I've never once seen an argument about RE6 that wasn't "it's not survival horror anymore" and didn't view it for what it actually is. That being a game that continues the story for a lot of fan favorite characters, introduces great new additions like Jake, and has the best mechanics of any over the shoulder game. Series had been going down the action route for years. Doesn't matter what people complain about though, because 5 & 6 are stil the best selling and continue to sell. Gameplay changed for later titles, but 6 will always have the core themes of RE more than 7 ever will.

I've never once seen an argument about RE6 that wasn't "it's not survival horror anymore" and viewed it for what it actually is.

A bad game.

Doesn't matter what genre label you want to slap it with, it is a piss poor game.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Considering we have incomplete Data , it wouldn't be surprising if there is already one or two more 10m+ RE title.

Like WTF is making up that 20m GAP? If any of the titles there are noteworthy they would have crossed the 1m mark. And there arent too many RE titles that arent in the Platinum list anyway.

There are alot of different ports of Older games and Budgeted SKUs not being counted as well.

Off the top of my head, the most notable ones would be:

1. Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock Version
2. Resident Evil 2 (N64)
3. Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles (sold 600K in FY 2009)
4. Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
5. Resident Evil Revelations 3DS (300K in Japan alone)
6. Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 (210K in Japan alone)
7. Resident Evil 4 (PS3/360)
8. Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X (PS3/360)
9. Resident Evil Revelations (Switch/PS4/XB1)
10. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Switch)
11. Resident Evil 5 (PC)
12. Resident Evil 6 (PC)
13. Resident Evil 4 (PC)
15. Resident Evil (Saturn)
16. Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS)
17. Resident Evil (PSN)
18. Resident Evil 2 (PSN)
19. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PSN)
20. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (PC)

Coupled with everything else ever released, 20 million isn't too farfetched.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Off the top of my head, the most notable ones would be:

1. Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock Version
2. Resident Evil 2 (N64)
3. Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles (sold 600K in FY 2009)
4. Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
5. Resident Evil Revelations 3DS (300K in Japan alone)
6. Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 (210K in Japan alone)
7. Resident Evil 4 (PS3/360)
8. Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X (PS3/360)
9. Resident Evil Revelations (Switch/PS4/XB1)
10. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Switch)
11. Resident Evil 5 (PC)
12. Resident Evil 6 (PC)
13. Resident Evil 4 (PC)
15. Resident Evil (Saturn)
16. Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS)
17. Resident Evil (PSN)
18. Resident Evil 2 (PSN)
19. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PSN)
20. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (PC)

Coupled with everything else ever released, 20 million isn't too farfetched.

Thats 20 titles and 20m unlisted copies, that would mean each of those titles are all very close to the 1m mark considering there might be few more missed SKUs. ( Like budget re-releases)

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
The numbers include sales at $5 on PSN sales or maybe even less, so are not truly indicative of relative popularity over multiple eras.

Umbrella Corps was sold as low as $1 in the $1 tier of a Capcom humble bundle , Yet no way in hell it will reach that Platinum page or go near it , so extreme bargain bin prices =/= not always Multiple millions sales over years

Also , RE5 Remaster at PS4/X1 reached 1M pretty fast

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Every RE game has sales, at some point people should come to terms with the fact that RE5 is mega popular.
I didn't say anything was more popular than anything else.

The point is, unless you have how much each sale was for, or total revenue per game as well as total sales, the numbers can be manipulated by sale prices. If for example RE6 was constantly on sale for $1, people are obviously more likely to try it out. If RE5 never hits prices that low, it doesn't have that same chance.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE5 is a great popcorn game. Sure it's not survival horror and barely qualifies as a Resident Evil game, but as a coop action game it's up there as one of the best. It's just very... fun.

Folks get this weird possessiveness over franchises and don't like when they cater to a different audience or branch out to other genres but, really, it's totally fine as long as we don't get into "dinosaurs in space" territory.