• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

I'm assuming worldwide, particularly from the "globetrotting" comment.

The link in the tweet or broken at the moment. So that's all we know at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, how is RE5?

Was always interested in the game but it seems like a rehash of 4.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I would think if Q-LOC are on these again, then they'd turn out well. They've done most of Capcom's PS360 remasters and did ALL versions of the Dragon's Dogma one which turned out wonderfully on Switch.

I would hope the same would apply to RE5 and 6 on Switch.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait until people compare this with the Shield TV port

surprise surprise, the in-house port runs better!

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see the RE5 Switch vs Nvidia shield TV comparison

The game ran poorly on shield and was an example brought up during the pre Switch launch phase to show how weak the X1 was.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
We just need The Mercenaries 3D now! RE5 Mercenaries is similar, but all the improvements in The Mercenaries 3D are soooooo hard to go back from! Would be amazing if they could port it and restore all maps to their full sizes (3DS limitations meant slightly shrunk maps) or even just make a new iteration altogether.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I skipped the others because $30 and digital only. Maybe when I finally get a bigger SD card and if there's a decent sale.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
We just need The Mercenaries 3D now! RE5 Mercenaries is similar, but all the improvements in The Mercenaries 3D are soooooo hard to go back from! Would be amazing if they could port it and restore all maps to their full sizes (3DS limitations meant slightly shrunk maps) or even just make a new iteration altogether.

I have no idea why Capcom hasn't done this already. Sometimes I think companies simply do not like making money.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Replying to your pre-edit version of this post: that's what all the others are like and that's what these will be. Why would they be any different now.
0 and Revelations got physical releases. I hope at least one of these gets the same.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I waited on a sale for the other ones, just saw one recently but I think it can go cheaper lol. As for 5 and 6, both are not that good but 5 Is way better than 6. I tried to like 6 many times but I just couldn't get into it. That leaves me with a potential buy for 5 and I kind of want it but I don't think I will ever find a co op partner for it on Switch. The only thing that could push me over is some enhancements and a good price.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
0 and Revelations got physical releases. I hope at least one of these gets the same.
As a combo pack, because those two pretty much belong together as a continuous little experience, like they did for the original HD releases of those. RE5 and 6 won't get the same treatment because they've not done that before and don't need to now.

I waited on a sale for the other ones, just saw one recently but I think it can go cheaper lol. As for 5 and 6, both are not that good but 5 Is way better than 6. I tried to like 6 many times but I just couldn't get into it. That leaves me with a potential buy for 5 and I kind of want it but I don't think I will ever find a co op partner for it on Switch. The only thing that could push me over is some enhancements and a good price.
And you'll get neither because Capcom stopped caring. :(

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
As a combo pack, because those two pretty much belong together as a continuous little experience, like they did for the original HD releases of those. RE5 and 6 won't get the same treatment because they've not done that before and don't need to now.

And you'll get neither because Capcom stopped caring. :(
Well see. I can see them making a 5 and 6 combo pack at retail with one on a cart.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
on the positive side, these two will be the last low-effort, over-priced RE ports on switch since there's nothing left.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
on the positive side, these two will be the last low-effort, over-priced RE ports on switch since there's nothing left.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles and Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles coming to Switch, PS4 and Xbox One in 2020!

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

fear not as capcom has the ports you want
81GKXQSBE7L._SL1500_.jpg
s-l640.jpg

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017