• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they're at least releasing 4 physically. I'll be getting that, maybe not at full price though.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Well this is the first good decision in a while. Shame this will probably not release in Europe. I do kinda want to. Its a good package for $ 60.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Honestly, how is RE5?

Was always interested in the game but it seems like a rehash of 4.

Don't listen to Sub, it's a good game that while lacking the atmosphere of RE4 makes up for it with enhanced gameplay mechanics and tons of content (with plenty of cheese for good measure).The campaign might not be as long as 4, but there's a ton to unlock along with DLC and infinitely replayable Mercs.
If you're able to get a friend along for the ride it's a no brainer.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, how is RE5?

Was always interested in the game but it seems like a rehash of 4.
Awful if you are going to play it single player. Worse level design, worse enemies, bullet sponge tanky enemies that are less reactive to gun fire, bad bosses, a worse inventory where it feels like you "share" the fun, and a bad AI partner.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Praise Capgod for giving Switch owners* the option to buy the games for the non-gouge price

*In the US

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Why are they charging $30 pre RE game? Is there an actual reason or does the Switch tax apply especially to these games?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope replayed both 4 and 5 earlier this year and it only highlighted 5's flaws. I actually thought it was okay before because I must have had more patience on release and hadn't played 4 close to it.
Your post is factually wrong though. Enemies don't react to hits much? There is an amazing melee system all about enemies reacting to hits in different areas and it takes like 1 bullet to set most of them up.

Oct 28, 2017
9JA7Jxd.gif
No that's pretty accurate.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dammit you're really going to make me rebuy these for a third time even though i never even touched my PS4 versions, huh?

I might wait until they receive a price drop, but having them all physical would be a major get. This trilogy in particular since I don't think RE1 or 0 hold up at all.

The page's up.
30$ each, overpriced as you expected.
There's a triple pack with RE4, RE5 and RE6 for 60$ coming to retail in NA. Only RE4 is on the cartridge obviously, RE5 and 6 are codes.
Wtf I spoke too soon

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not seeing any mention of it anywhere, but i do remember hearing about it on E3 previews.

From what i recall: none of the games will have gyro support, although 6 is compatible with Switch's HD rumble while RE5 isn't.
Obviously not. If they didn't bother with 4, which had widely acclaimed motion aiming on Wii and after putting good gyro aim into RE Rev 1+2, they're not suddenly gonna put it in 5 and 6.

Well, no money from me then. I actually thought about buying RE4 since it's on sale now. I still have RE4 Wii Edition should I ever want to play the definitive version again.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To the trash it goes along with the physical version of Origins.

It's a shame because I'd buy the shit out of this if they'd have carts for all games, even in separate retail releases.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Oof, the optics on that box art are seriously bad. Here we have three ripped white dudes front and center and oh yeah, a woman of color we can barely see who was the *co-protagonist* of her game and while I get why Leon and Chris need to be there as part of RE 4 and 5's original box art and as obviously important characters in their own right, why the hell did they choose the deeply unpopular *Jake* of all characters to headline RE 6 on the cover when Sherry is way more important and iconic to the series? I feel like they could've fit Ada in the RE 4 part as well, but eh, that's just me.

Do these have gyro? Only that and a cheap price could get me to buy it.
I'm not seeing any mention of it anywhere, but i do remember hearing about it on E3 previews.

From what i recall: none of the games will have gyro support, although 6 is compatible with Switch's HD rumble while RE5 isn't.

This is correct, at least as far as I'm aware. I briefly played the Switch version of Resident Evil 6 at E3 and it definitely had HD rumble (which kicked in when I fired an assault rifle in one of Chris' missions). It felt good, too, and it didn't come off as a phoned-in replacement for standard rumble. But yeah, no gyro. :(

What's really weird, though, is the fact that the Switch versions of RE 4 and apparently RE 5 don't have HD rumble. Why add HD rumble to only one out of these three games, and to the least popular of the three (at least in terms of hardcore fan sentiment) to boot? So bizarre.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
*sigh* I bought 4 digitally as it seemed there was zero chance of a physical release. Now this... I will buy this just have a physical copy of 4 on Switch. I should have just waited... haven't even booted RE4 digital.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Oof, the optics on that box art are seriously bad. Here we have three ripped white dudes front and center and oh yeah, a woman of color we can barely see who was the *co-protagonist* of her game and while I get why Leon and Chris need to be there as part of RE 4 and 5's original box art and as obviously important characters in their own right, why the hell did they choose the deeply unpopular *Jake* of all characters to headline RE 6 on the cover when Sherry is way more important and iconic to the series? I feel like they could've fit Ada in the RE 4 part as well, but eh, that's just me.

This is correct, at least as far as I'm aware. I briefly played the Switch version of Resident Evil 6 at E3 and it definitely had HD rumble (which kicked in when I fired an assault rifle in one of Chris' missions). It felt good, too, and it didn't come off as a phoned-in replacement for standard rumble. But yeah, no gyro. :(

What's really weird, though, is the fact that the Switch versions of RE 4 and apparently RE 5 don't have HD rumble. Why add HD rumble to only one out of these three games, and to the least popular of the three (at least in terms of hardcore fan sentiment) to boot? So bizarre.

I think with Jake, it's due to the weaker connection and technically they could still have plans for him. That's why I'd assume he gets top billing for 6 anyway.
But I agree, should've been the duos for each. Leon & Ada, Chris & Sheva, Jake & Sherry to really even it out.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4 physically is cool, not having the others physically stings. Capcom, why are you being so difficult?!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From what it looks like, they're only porting games that they have already ported to PS4/Xbox One. Okami, RE games, Dragon's Dogma. So, wha'ts left for them should be: Dead Rising 1-2, all other DMC games, Disney Afternoon Collection and Ultra SF4.

They have still yet to bring Lost Planet trilogy or Asura's Wrath to modern consoles, so it would be really huge surprise if they bring them to Switch first. I'd welcome that surprise as I love LP3 games.

Remember Me, Dark Void and Bionic Commando. Super low chances but, if Capcom wants free money...
I'd really like that.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Is RE5 and 6 going to have online co-op? Those games are terrible unless you're playing co-op

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Those are outsourced games, or just something they published in RM case, BC dev is dead, not sure on the others.

I doubt they will ever be ported anywhere.

Doesn't matter, if Capcom still owns the IP's, they most likely do own Dark Void and Bionic Commando, they could re-release the games.

I'm pretty sure DONTNOD also don't have the Remember Me IP, otherwise they would definitely rerelease the game as nowadays they do publishing too with Focus.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Doesn't matter, if Capcom still owns the IP's, they most likely do own Dark Void and Bionic Commando, they could re-release the games.

I'm pretty sure DONTNOD also don't have the Remember Me IP, otherwise they would definitely rerelease the game as nowadays they do publishing too with Focus.

They own them all, what impacts them is there not Being updated on pc. Lost Planet was added to 360 BC this year so they have no plans on fixing the PC ports to make room for future ports (going by how they've handled things in the past). looks like we'll sadly be waiting until next-gen for ports of any of those.