• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
No, i mean the classic PS1 skins.
Claire-skin-98.jpg

Ahh. Yeah, there's always a chance but I personally think it's not likely. Seems they're pushing RE3 and moving onto the next thing pretty quickly.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yeah I think the whole point of establishing M-Two was so that the teams could quickly put together and put out games. I'd be surprised if any game at this point gets DLC going forward. Most of that effort seems to be focused on building new experiences instead.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
Yeah I think the whole point of establishing M-Two was so that the teams could quickly put together and put out games. I'd be surprised if any game at this point gets DLC going forward. Most of that effort seems to be focused on building new experiences instead.

I'd be surprised if there aren't any DLC modes for this game.

Not that they'll revamp anything, but I expect something like the 'survivor' from RE2R, maybe an 'end of Nikolai' having to escape the lab and the hospital, or even a prequel with Brad when he encounters Nemesis and ends up warning Jill.

The oportunities are clearly there, and since Capcom loves their money, I don't see why they wouldn't do it

Mar 23, 2020
I personally would prefer paid DLC that's extremely good like the Brad one mentioned above or something else that expands on the story over free DLC like Ghost Survivors which is just a difficulty stress test.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
has anyone played on Xbox one x? Is the performance improved from the demo?
Really curious about this, too. I have the game preloaded on Xbox One X. I have a PS4 Pro as well but I'd really rather not have to try to request a refund from Xbox and switch my order over to PS4...

Someone's uploading their One X play through and it *looks* like it runs better than the demo. Then again I only played about 15 minutes of demo so.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Story DLC is dumb for a game like this. Give me Mercs or something like Ghost Survivors.

It sucks there's no arcadey mode in the base game. It's likely going to be the reason I wait for a sale.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Someone's uploading their One X play through and it *looks* like it runs better than the demo. Then again I only played about 15 minutes of demo so.

I double-checked to make sure the YouTube had defaulted to 60fps and it did. Unless this guy's capture equipment doesn't capture 60fps and this is a 30fps upload, it's looking like the full game is still at the same significant performance disadvantage as the demo to me. Assuming this guy is capable of 60fps footage in his upload, the gameplay is definitely NOT hitting it (just like the demo). PS4 Pro demo is mostly 60fps by contrast and you can very easily tell when you play the two demo versions side by side.

Guess I'll still hold out hope for a day 1 patch. :(

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Just watched some of the YT video. Really cool the music is remixed but still the OST from the original RE 3. You can hear the typical sound cues.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I was all in for the remake but won't buy it. Too many cuts and changes, plus Resistance seems like it will suck big time. A shame really because I wanted it but not at full price.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
My favorite RE credit song is the one from original RE2 (the new grunge song is great of course) and it made it into REmake 3 through a radio. RE7 gets 2nd place.

Cuts I don´t like:
No spiders and to a lesser degree the sliding worms (there is now even a sewer section where they could fit). A storm of crows might have worked as a cutscene or a running section that forces one of the 2 to seek shelter indoors if we can´t have small flying enemies anymore.

The riverside park homage could have been its own short section where a passed out Jill wakes up in the last second to fight of burning enemies (like in Zero) and the 2nd form of Nemesis could have involved the Clocktower´s foyer. The short location itself can go as it would have wrecked the pacing and what the game is going for. REmake 3 flows in a cohesive nature from location to location. The original did not.

The bleak news announcement over the mushroom cloud and to a lesser degree the lack of epilogues. The repeated missile strike warnings are good of course and REmake 3 is aggressively nihilistic but that touch was the bow on top of a ballsy ending. The REmake only players could have used a bit of a debriefing montage even if it is redundant for the rest of us. Like the US government or Wesker going over the fallout and RC survivors like in the MGS epilogues. Audio only would have been cheap and would have worked fine.

A bonus combat mode couldn't have hurt or taken long either. And another costume for both of them. Regina for Jill and let´s say Godot for Carlos.

Still, the game is an easy mark up from the scattershot 7.something original so it´s hard to complain. I say it gets an 83-86/100 on MC. That´s where I will probably end up if the harder modes remix enough. A good way to end the gen. RE entered a rare 2nd Golden Age.
tenor.gif

Let´s see about Resistance. That hud cotinues to be lol but the game ain´t bad.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Cool--I actually got to see some bits that were cut out of the previous streams I'd been watching.

Also:

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Question for anyone that has seen streams. Are there a lot of rooms recreated that you have seen so far? One of my favorite things with RE2R was walking down a certain hallway or entering a room and having the "Ah ha!" Moment when I realized what the recreated hallway/room was.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
Debating on getting RE3 on Xbox One X as well, the only thing that makes me consider it is the distance is much better than in PS4 Pro which shows some artifacts.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
Just for notice, tomorrow the embargo lifts for media and youtubers, so there'll probably be a ton of info coming our way.

It is on, my friends!

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Ready for the reviews tomorrow. Someone on Twitter was destroying the game. Said it was a fucking joke. Had a review on YT, but Capcom got it with a Copyright claim. Interested for tomorrow.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished a replay of Classic RE3. Probably my 3rd or 4th time to finish it. Yeah, it's still my least favorite of the classic games.

I just dont like any of the locations. Nemesis can be kind of cheap. It feels like more of a collectathon than an adventure. It just doesnt click more me.

Still looking forward to 3 Remake, already looks like its a better told story.

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
I saw everything... from the start till the end... I gotta say, what a disappointment. The games was at the right path, but after the city... everything got weird. What have they done to Nemesis? The Gas station and multiple places to go before putting the train back to work? Sorry, but Brad's death at Nemesis' hand? Nicholai's death? Grave Digger? The park to reach Umbrella's lab? The hunters? What about the puzzles and the backtrack??? This shit felt like a lineage action game!!! RE2R was glorious, but this game was a mess!

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I saw everything... from the start till the end... I gotta say, what a disappointment. The games was at the right path, but after the city... everything got weird. What have they done to Nemesis? The Gas station and multiple places to go before putting the train back to work? Sorry, but Brad's death at Nemesis' hand? Nicholai's death? Grave Digger? The park to reach Umbrella's lab? The hunters? What about the puzzles and the backtrack??? This shit felt like a lineage action game!!! RE2R was glorious, but this game was a mess!

Sounds like its going to have the same problem RE7 and REmake 2 had, it starts strong but the rest of the game is boring.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Dusk Golem knew. He tried to warn us and keep our expectations in check. Honestly I always felt the game wouldn't live up to classic RE3. Not without the core team from RE2.
The cuts suck and the retcons are laughable. I hope reviewers show Capcom this is not how you do a remake after RE2. A game that has its fair share of problems mind you.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah from what I've read I'm going to enjoy the game but constantly thinking about what could've been which really wasn't a big feeling I had with RE2R. So glad the next two rumored RE projects from are brand new and not reimaginings.

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
Does Nemesis appears in the RPD at all?

No. He doesn't. And Jill doesn't head to the RPD. Carlos goes instead.

Sounds like its going to have the same problem RE7 and REmake 2 had, it starts strong but the rest of the game is boring.

Resident Evil 2 Remake is fine. But this 3, my god...

- No cemetery segment
- No grave Digger
- No RPD with Jill
- No Gas station or puzzles in the city to reach the city hall
- No Clock Tower
- Lack of puzzles and mysteries to solve (only action oriented)
- No good drama in Brad or Mikael's death
- Nemesis doesn't have his original second form, so his final form is his second form

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It looked like a lesser effort from the beginning. I'm still expecting a mid-80s metascore but I hope this helps Capcom recalibrate. They're just setting out on the golden path and it's unfortunate to see them get into their awkward production habits from gens 5 to 7, like a Japanese Activision.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Can you pm me the play through?

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. He doesn't. And Jill doesn't head to the RPD. Carlos goes instead.

Resident Evil 2 Remake is fine. But this 3, my god...

- No cemetery segment
- No grave Digger
- No RPD with Jill
- No Gas station or puzzles in the city to reach the city hall
- No Clock Tower
- Lack of puzzles and mysteries to solve (only action oriented)
- No good drama in Brad or Mikael's death
- Nemesis doesn't have his original second form, so his final form is his second form
What the fuck they did to this game??? I can't believe it? What do you do after the city? Straight to the labs? LOL

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable. Gonna buy this shit when it's $10 or less.

The answer is a bit more complicated, though I do suspect most people's play times will be 6 -9 hours depending on things like difficulty played, if they go out of their way to open up the stores or not, and keep in mind the in-game timer is a bit of a lie, it doesn't count cutscenes or radio convos or the like.

So to talk pure game structure, it goes like this:

Prologue Apartments/Streets > Subway Station > Downtown Raccoon City > Substation > Downtown II > Sewers > Construction Building > Back Alleys/Kendo > Downtown III > RPD Police Station (with Carlos) > Clock Tower Bridge > Hospital I (with Carlos) > Hospital II > Basement > NEST 2

I also will say that RE3 Remake has maybe the strongest last third of any RE game, I know a lot of people really like the final few areas. But I do suspect specifically length and cut talk is going to bum some people out.

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
What the fuck they did to this game??? I can't believe it? What do you do after the city? Straight to the labs? LOL

She heads to the sewers, then she goes to Kendo Gun Shop and tries to talk with him to come with her, he doesn't want to come along. Then she goes to the hospital(brought by carlos) after being infected by a needle shot by this... weird nemesis.

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
The answer is a bit more complicated, though I do suspect most people's play times will be 6 -9 hours depending on things like difficulty played, if they go out of their way to open up the stores or not, and keep in mind the in-game timer is a bit of a lie, it doesn't count cutscenes or radio convos or the like.

So to talk pure game structure, it goes like this:

Prologue Apartments/Streets > Subway Station > Downtown Raccoon City > Substation > Downtown II > Sewers > Construction Building > Back Alleys/Kendo > Downtown III > RPD Police Station (with Carlos) > Clock Tower Bridge > Hospital I (with Carlos) > Hospital II > Basement > NEST 2

I also will say that RE3 Remake has maybe the strongest last third of any RE game, I know a lot of people really like the final few areas. But I do suspect specifically length and cut talk is going to bum some people out.

Just to add some things:

- No freeze or Acid rounds in this game as well (don't remember if RE2R had acid rounds)
- RPD section with Carlos is very simple and it shows how Marvin got bite by Brad
- Clock Tower bridge = Nemesis second fight(this is the only thing that happens there)
- Construction Building = Climbing all the way to the top and fighting nemesis there. That's all
- Back Alleys/Kendo = basically talking to him and getting back to the city

Daryehl

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIo de Janeiro, Brazil
No Jill in RPD is a bummer. Its one of my favorite parts in the original.

Yeah. That sucked so much. Honestly, the lack of puzzles is one of the core reasons I suspect this game was rushed up just because fans were asking for it. And considering thar RE2R was selling good, it looks to me they wanted to sell RE3R without dedicating the same time and effort.

EDIT: The amount of cut scenes are another down point too.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
I have no frame of reference for the original resident evil three so I am still feeling pretty, pretty good

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Cuts suck but they VASTLY improved the characters so I'm good.

Before this game I couldn't give 2 shits about Carlos but now I want a game with him.

Nicholai was an amazing villain. He climbed up on my list very easily.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i've seen some impressions here and there in this thread but i don't have time to read all of it. so i have a question

i'm a big fan of survival horror RE, action RE is fine (love 4 and 5, loathe 6). i played the original RE3 once back when it came out, enjoyed it, never thought about it again. i don't hold it in nearly as high regard as many of the other entires in the series. i don't need this to be a super faithful remake, i don't mind cut content since i barely have any memory of it anyway

as someone just looking for a good RE game, should i still be hyped or nah?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Just to add some things:

- No freeze or Acid rounds in this game as well (don't remember if RE2R had acid rounds)
- RPD section with Carlos is very simple and it shows how Marvin got bite by Brad
- Clock Tower bridge = Nemesis second fight(this is the only thing that happens there)
- Construction Building = Climbing all the way to the top and fighting nemesis there. That's all
- Back Alleys/Kendo = basically talking to him and getting back to the city
Pretty sure mixing acid rounds is still a thing, as the case definitely was in REmake 2. If there actually are still freeze rounds in this, then they certainly don't let players mix them.

Either way, things are pointing to me not liking this anywhere near as much as the original, even with seeing new stuff that I do like about it.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
as someone just looking for a good RE game, should i still be hyped or nah?
I'd say just give it a try, RE is so many different things to different people nowadays that no one will ever be 100% happy lol
From what I've seen and played, RE3 Remake is a very good RE experience that embraces its more action-oriented nature, still keeping item management and exploration, amazing performances by the actors and it just simply looks beautiful, probably the best looking RE game to date.

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is pre-announcement everyone was all
"Remake RE3, so much is already done from RE2 assets"

Then we get to RE2 and it feels like they were so ready to make 3 they even added Nemesis destruction to the RPD.

Now after watching most of the game, it looks like they did exactly what everyone was asking for, a quick RE2 flip into RE3.
Jill's characterization and Carlos are the only significant positive changes seemingly.

They had amazing opportunities with this that it felt like they hinted at then just decided nevermind at the last second(Brad, Marvin, Kendo)
Even the RPD Nemesis destruction turns out to be damn Carlos using C4, just a poor subversion of expectations imo.

Mr X in REmake 2 significantly takes away from Nemesis now as well imo.

Im still excited because its technically RE3 but im disappointed because RE3's overall straightforwardness, simplicity and action slant allowed for much more freedom than REmake 2.

Last edited: