• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched any of the footage for the RPD section. Can anyone tell me how comparable it is to the area you play in for RE2 Remake? Are there any notable changes? I can't imagine you're able to access every part of it?

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Haven't watched any of the footage for the RPD section. Can anyone tell me how comparable it is to the area you play in for RE2 Remake? Are there any notable changes? I can't imagine you're able to access every part of it?

I didn't watch super closely at that bit, but
-Carlos and Tyrell Initially set up in the main atrium where RE2 begins, after approaching from the front. Carlos goes through the RPD Bullpenn area (where the WELCOME LEON sign is), and also sees the guy in the 1F hallway whose face gets torn open in the process of getting his face torn open.
-The hole in the RPD bathroom is caused by Carlos blasting a hole in the wall to access the stars office.
-They use Brad's STARS ID to open up several item boxes.
-The segment ends in the STARS office, which has a few things to interact with.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
My early copy is stuck, because the post office doesn't deliver anymore. I guess I will need to wait the official date and buy the digital version...

Feb 16, 2018
Maybe not for the survival horror genre, but as far as games in general go, the campaign length is relatively short.

Are there other modes besides the online component and higher difficulties?
Not sure why the online game and harder difficulties don't count towards replay value? I think RE games are some of the most replayable AAA games out there personally. But I'm not someone who just plays through the campaign and calls it a day.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently at least a bit in Inferno difficulty is pretty similar to Nightmare but with two changes, one I mentioned before:

-No Auto-Saves, can only die and load from Typewriters, though a few Typewriters are removed from the game.
-Nemesis is UNGODLY fast on this difficulty.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Apparently at least a bit in Inferno difficulty is pretty similar to Nightmare but with two changes, one I mentioned before:

-No Auto-Saves, can only die and load from Typewriters, though a few Typewriters are removed from the game.
-Nemesis is UNGODLY fast on this difficulty.

This is exciting. I was really hoping to see Nemesis AI changes as the difficulty goes up

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
My good fellas, I was never on Resetera before this game, and before this thread for that matter.

I loved the board, and intend to become a regular thanks to all of you guys and your insights on RE3.

By now, I've basically seen the whole game start to finish, but I still have one lingering question.

About the unlocks shop, how does that currency work? How many points do you usually get from each run in the game?

Need to know how many runs will it take to unlock everything.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why the online game and harder difficulties don't count towards replay value? I think RE games are some of the most replayable AAA games out there personally. But I'm not someone who just plays through the campaign and calls it a day.
They can for many people, but because merely higher difficulties and the Resistance mode don't appeal to me personally, the game would have limited replay value for me. Replay value is inherently subjective, which is why I had offered that as a reason for why I am reluctant to pay $60 now for a game I may barely spend 10 hours playing for the forseeable future (as opposed to playing the same great 10 hour game but for only $30-$45 a few months from now).

For what it's worth I loved RE2, think this game looks great, and enjoy replaying games too, though usually not for years (it'll be quite a while before I tackle my Leon B route for RE2). Just a little disappointed RE3 only seems to offer higher difficulty settings, as opposed to alternate endings/scenarios or a mercenaries-type mode. The unlocks sounds promising at least.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if REsistance is a separate icon on PS4?

Feb 16, 2018
They can for many people, but because merely higher difficulties and the Resistance mode don't appeal to me personally, the game would have limited replay value for me. Replay value is inherently subjective, which is why I had offered that as a reason for why I am reluctant to pay $60 now for a game I may barely spend 10 hours playing for the forseeable future (as opposed to playing the same great 10 hour game but for only $30-$45 a few months from now).

For what it's worth I loved RE2, think this game looks great, and enjoy replaying games too, though usually not for years (it'll be quite a while before I tackle my Leon B route for RE2). Just a little disappointed RE3 only seems to offer higher difficulty settings, as opposed to alternate endings/scenarios or a mercenaries-type mode. The unlocks sounds promising at least.
That's fair, I too wish we got mercenaries but I think for me I'll get at least 30 hours of playtime with everything here. The amount of content is pretty on par with most games in the series.

Mar 23, 2020
I'll be honest the spoilers made me 200x more hyped for the game! The cut content I feel was replaced with content that might be just as good! I just hate the fact the map shows the park and the road to the Dead Factory and neither are in the game but I can fully accept this Nest 2.0 thing.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
My good fellas, I was never on Resetera before this game, and before this thread for that matter.

I loved the board, and intend to become a regular thanks to all of you guys and your insights on RE3.

By now, I've basically seen the whole game start to finish, but I still have one lingering question.

About the unlocks shop, how does that currency work? How many points do you usually get from each run in the game?

Need to know how many runs will it take to unlock everything.

I wanna say the average seems to be about 4-7 thousand? Pretty much enough to buy the costume and one Smaller item. Likely difficulty and nemesis take downs add the most points.

Mar 23, 2020
Boston, MA
I don't care much about Resistance either, I never play Dead by Daylight or Identity V. But guys, it may be a interesting game, perhaps. Since Jill is unlockable in it, I suppose CAPCOM wants it to be a carnival full of series main characters regardless of story or timeline ("Super Smash Bios"!) if it achieves certain success after release - it's hilarious to image this. Let's hope Resistance be fun enough.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
Don't really believe they'll sell the unlock key, at least at launch.

If all that is unlockable is through this same system, there is no point really.

If capcom wants to milk this thing out, they might go even worse at it and sell the points so you can buy what you want

Mar 23, 2020
Shit 10-11 playthroughs? Pretty sure I was at the by the 2 week mark for the 2 remake tbh. Now I am probably at close to 120 playthroughs just on the 2 remake.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a pet peeve of mine, but anyone else is bothered with how technology is advanced in these remakes compared to the originals? From Ada's "hack the world" tool, to the design of the NEST, to the Railgun now being portable.

RE Universe is extremely advanced for the year 1998.

Portable railgun appeared in Vendetta, but that was like almost 20 years after 1998.
CaringOddBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Bit of a pet peeve of mine, but anyone else is bothered with how technology is advanced in these remakes compared to the originals? From Ada's "hack the world" tool, to the design of the NEST, to the Railgun now being portable.

Portable railgun appeared in Vendetta, but that was like almost 20 years after 1998.

RE is built off bioweaponry concepts that we still haven't realistically come close to reaching in the real world. So an unrealistic weapon in an unrealistic setting based on an unrealistic virus doesn't bother me too much, personally.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

I mean

Not, Suprise if we see Robot in the future game.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
It is worth noting that the Remake version of the railgun isn't really portable--it requires multiple (8 or 10, I cant remember) batteries the size of a car. Pedantry aside, I get what you're saying--the classic games have a look inspired by what was readily available in the mid-to-late 1990s, and the modern ones have more modern sensibilities. It comes with it being a distant remake--it's not even necessarily the worst example of it in games obstensibly set in the 1990s (Arkham Origins was pretty bad at trying to do a "Year One" Batman story, but everything looks at least as teched up as in City).

That said, hacking was magic, even back in the 1990s--admittedly it'd be more period-accurate for Ada to whip out a giant brick of a laptop to hack, rather than a tricorder-thing, but I remember one of the biggest films of 1997s involved Jeff Goldblum halting an alien invasion utilizing (1) macbook, and (2) Will Smith straight off of Fresh Prince. From what I recall, most of the RPD was still time-appropriate tech--the STARS office computers are all big CRTs, recordings are on magnetic tape (the STARS badge that's really a flash drive is within the real of possibility for the late 1990s, even if it's cutting things close). Even in the NEST there's some CRTs. The really advanced stuff is in the horrible super science lab, or being used by the corporate spy trying to break into the horrible superscience lab--which makes enough sense for me that it's not SOD-breaking.

As for the railgun itself--oddly enough... for some reason a handheld cannon with a really big extension cord actually feels like something more in line with the late 90s/early 2000s (maybe it's just me remembering Fortune from MGS2?). There's something ridiculously 1990s about Jill getting her hands on a cannon as big as she is and using it on the Nemesis--like bad 1990s comics and bad 1990s anime met, and now Jill's Bloodgun the Gunkilldeath. That said, the original railgun was just as silly, being apparently airdropped in to a dead factory, and the army had just enough time to set up the power source and kill one tyrant with it before they all died. Both are pretty preposterously convenient--and honestly I prefer the one that lets us glory kill Nemesis like the Doom Slayer.

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

No? Umbrella had fucking cloning in the 90's lmao.

Also the Railgun isn't portable.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

That railgun in Vendetta is magnitudes more powerful and portable than the one in REmake 3. The one here was at least still stuck to a big-ass room generator powered by push-in batteries and took several shots to tear through Nemesis and the room haha.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

This doesn't make ANY sense but I remember being annoyed about USB drives appearing in the RE2 remake even though futuristic labs with NFC wristbands was ok.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Tyrants had their breakthrough between 1988 and 1998 (way before 1998 as the mass-producible models were ready by then) and those are nearly all clones.
This rubbish existed in 2003:
latest

UC and 2004´s RE4 have death lasers and UC further gave us sentient AI. Rev 2 has a similar thing, kinda. Gun Survivor 1 and parts of Outbreak also did some out-there stuff before RE5 and Rev 1 (death lasers from space in 2005) blew the lid off. RE is a sci-fi franchise, simple as that. Especially after Murata and some of the anime writers took over for a decade: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Haruo_Murata
It´s ORC (infamous for the many anachronisms) that decided to accelerate into the sun and certain films. All thankfully non-canon.

The new railgun, a clear EVA reference, is easy more believable than the 1999 one as that one was owned by the US military. USB was 2,5 years old by the time REmake 2/3 happen and the new games explicitly makes the Umbrella connection as the new one lies in their lab and the one in REmake 2 is supplied by Umbrella (it´s a STARS branded).

Come back to me when Metal Gear enters the chat (MGS 1 is set in 2005). And speaking of Vendetta:
KbpuwnL.jpg

Last edited:

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Do we know anything about the progression mechanics for resistance yet?

I hoped the open beta would give us a look at the more complete final game version of it, but it only has the same content as in the closed beta test last year.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
After all this 'cut/added' drama, even though I love the new way the game starts, there is only one pesky little thing that i'll miss

There is no longer "September 28th. Daylight. The monsters have overtaken the city. Somehow, I'm still alive..."

That's just sad :(

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
what is this i'm hearing about an unlockable BSAA outfit?
I haven't heard of an unlockable one (yet, JIll does apparently have another costume aside from the default, the classic, and her STARS one). I've seen modders do a BSAA one (which looks good, although they keep the current hairstyle instead of a ponytail.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

I agree. I wish they were more stringent with sticking to 90s pastiche for equipment and vehicles. You see guns, design styles, and even trends in dialogue that are of the time the game was developed rather than the time it's set in.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

I think keeping that monster alive might have caused less damage. And her kill count is certainly bigger than its. Unless those buildings were empty?

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, I didn't like how high tech the entire lab area in RE2make looked, especially when the personal computers earlier on in the game were so delightfully 90s.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
NY isn´t evacuated in that anime SofNascimento as this is only hours after the viral outbreak begins and you can´t escape orderly when a sizable part of a metropolis turns into zombies. Don´t worry though, another viral vaccine gets sprayed on all of NY and the (animality) zombies turn back into humans within seconds:

I wonder how the zombie who ate his own family on-camera will feel about that or the ones that took critical damage as this had been going on for more than half a day. RC was actively on fire on the same day the outbreak reached above ground. Leon too will have to write a report to his buddy the president that he caused civilian deaths. Or how about that time in the 2nd full manga when we had a zombie save the protagonist from the villain in a targeted attack:
016_1487511571.png

Ecchi Shounen adventure manga truly is when Resident Evil comes into its own! I still can´t believe what that one did to my poor Hunter creature... How do you character assassinate a reptile-human hybrid? Or how about Biohazard: The Stage (featuring Chris, Piers and Rebecca in 2010) with it´s taken on... everything. An Umbrella hideaway has a jealous super-clone "daughter" who starts an outbreak because she can´t get a boy to leave his girlfriend:

Basically a mix between the already released first full manga and the later released Vendetta. Only the best for our canonical stage plays! Neat staging though. And did you know that whales are immune to the zombie virus! Thx Musical Biohazard: Voice of Gaia.

A final note on anachronisms. Umbrella mass produces the monkey-like fake people in 1998 (Gun Survivor), so no more talk about USB or how Capcom lost the plot ever again. We never had rails to begin with:

You should see the adorable gremlins in action. The game´s VAs also come close to the glory of RE1.

Edit: The 2nd manga reached Germany unlike in the US. Whoa. We really get all the manga. The curse of a strong book market strikes again.

Last edited:

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've been playing the franchise since it's inception so you don't have to tell me about the monkey men, haha.

To be fair I admitted my annoyance about the USB was completely ridiculous in the big scheme of things.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
016_1487511571.png

Ecchi Shounen adventure manga truly is when Resident Evil comes into its own! I still can´t believe what that one did to my poor Hunter creature... How do you character assassinate a reptile-human hybrid? Or how about Biohazard: The Stage (featuring Chris, Piers and Rebecca in 2010) with it´s taken on... everything. An Umbrella hideaway has a jealous super-clone "daughter" who starts an outbreak because she can´t get a boy to leave his girlfriend:

The Manga's title was Heavenly Island, right? And the other one was Marhawa Desire ? Porniest titles for non-porn there are. As for Hunter character assassination... please tell me there's a hunter in a bikini on this whole bikini island zombie adventure.

Orzen

Mar 27, 2020
Hey I've been reading this thread for many days now. I wanna tell you that I just finish the game.

i found a problem regarding the message that prompts you to change to Assist difficulty when you die 2 times. I accidentally choose "yes" when I was half of the game (Clock Tower) and I couldn't get back to play in Nornal difficulty. So I now restarted the game in Nornal, having finished the game on Assist mode.

Does any of you know if you can change difficulty half way in the campaign? I couldn't find the option.