• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
Damn, the start of this remake is sick.
Resident Evil 3 is my favorite RE and the only one I have memories of it. Not sure what how I feel about what I saw in this French dude stream, but damn...

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Shame that Ashley the poor girl, she was a true cameo in the story of RE4. But I am sure that they won't remake RE4 in the foreseeable future.
Definetly not soon, but I think it's just a matter of time.

In any case, I'm sure that the original RE4 will also continue to be re-released in whatever platform a potential REmake 4 ends up launching.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
For me, it hits all the right notes pertaining to characterization, action, and tone. I have never really enjoyed Jill as a character, she felt like Chris in some ways. I feel through this game, she has more of an identity.

I'm surprised to read that from you, what changed your mind about the game?
Well I saw almost the entire last act and it's very damn good.

Nemesis also gets an important kill!!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm liking everything I've seen recently. RE3R could very well end up being the best remake for me.

We see anything about the supposed different ending on a second play through?

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yessss.

jillstarsre3y3k8q.png

jillstarsre32oojoi.png

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
I still don't like how there is no real references to Resident Evil one. Brads throwaway line to this is like Arklay on steroids is nice but....nothing else.

I would have like Jill to go to the Stars office in this game and look at a photo of all her co workers and get angry over it. Character building and referencing RE1...nothing.

Barry being cut yet again another RE1 reference gone...

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Anyone with an early copy playing on Xbox One X? I was wondering if the final release ran better than the demo.

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, this actually looks kinda fun in a fucked up ersatz kinda way. Are the rest of the movies like this? Maybe I should give the whole RE cinematic universe a watch.
The first kinda had some stuff like that with how the Red Queen shut down the hive facility
Also the laser hallway it introduced the the Resident Evil franchise

But otherwise the movies are extremely give or take besides "The Final Chapter" which gives worst movie ever made(and not in a good way) a legitimate shot

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Don't wanna watch the finale video, but is the song "Unfortunate Event" in?

Not from what was seen. That's the biggest thing that made me sad. I hope the rumors that the harder difficulties extend the ending is true. They nailed it out of the park with Nemesis Final Metamorphosis and the Credits theme, it feels strange (and suspicious) to not have such an iconic song.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't like how there is no real references to Resident Evil one. Brads throwaway line to this is like Arklay on steroids is nice but....nothing else.

I would have like Jill to go to the Stars office in this game and look at a photo of all her co workers and get angry over it. Character building and referencing RE1...nothing.

Barry wouldn't have worked as good with the new ending sequence.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Hm... Barry only showed up in one permutation of the ending to 3--otherwise it's Carlos and Jill getting to the Choppa because Nicholai got turned into a mangled meat chandelier in the Dead Factory. While I love him, and him showing up would be A-1 fanservice (and he was even implied to be the "friend" in Kendo's Ghost Survivor's level), it's just as easy to include or not include him.

More RE1 references... I'm wondering how they could do it without it being super Exposition-y. Like, little asides, like "oh, I saw something like that [Nemesis] in Arklay", as a reference either to unkillable Lisa or the Tyrant could work (Note in the Lab, she does say "oh hey, there's Tyrants"). Like... I'm just not sure how much winks and nods to Arklay would really help the game? To make a bad analogy, one of the things I disliked about Avengers Endgame is how the entire second act was Disney going "You loved the Winter Soldier elevator scene, huh? Huh?! What about the opening to Guardians, with Peter Quill silly dancing--lets make it sillier by showing it without the music!" Fun little asides can be fun, but if you overdo it... it gets annoying. That said, I loved all the little nods to RE1's terrible dialogue in Revelations 2. So basically... a bunch of refs to RE1 might add a little amusement, but don't feel super necessary.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anyu where i can see some cutscenes and stuff? Tried searching YT but nothg

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jill's "Bitch can't even swim." line directed at Nemmy, might be my favorite cheesy RE line ever.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Why do they cut the iconic opening scene that the downfall of Raccoon City and Brad's death scene? And they basically recon the outbreak and downgrade the highly-praised gore effect in RE2. Many reused assets like zombies models and items, and not a single new appearance of normal zombies!!! They should add more variances in zombies appearance.
I expect RE 3 got a 7.0~8.5 scores among the critics.

Last edited:

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not sure how I feel about the railgun being turned into a handheld weapon like the linear launcher. The original version as a big unmovable cannon that you had to lure the heavily wounded Nemesis into felt a lot more tense than just shooting into G-5 2.0.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Is there more to this game than the 5-7 hour campaign?

I got a good amount out of REmake 2 with 2 A + B runs and the extra survivor modes. Brought the game last month for £15.

I don't think I'll be paying full price for just a short campaign.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there more to this game than the 5-7 hour campaign?

I got a good amount out of REmake 2 with 2 A + B runs and the extra survivor modes. Brought the game last month for £15.

I don't think I'll be paying full price for just a short campaign.
There's the multiplayer mode, and an unlockable difficulty that remixes enemy placements. Sadly no bonus modes.

Mar 23, 2020
Boston, MA
Not sure how I feel about the railgun being turned into a handheld weapon like the linear launcher. The original version as a big unmovable cannon that you had to lure the heavily wounded Nemesis into felt a lot more tense than just shooting into G-5 2.0.
But it was so weird in the original that the futuristic railgun was abruptly placed in that a dirty crampy room filled with huge machines and the muzzle was even facing another machine!

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

While there could be a few more, there are a few in the game.

My favorite from Brad is not actually the Arklay line, but the last line he says to Jill.

"We're team mates, aren't we? Then do like I would, and RUN!"

Which of course is a reference to what Brad does in RE1.

There's also some files and stuff in the S.T.A.R.S. room later with RE1 fun.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish CAPCOM will give us more unlockable outfits in the later updates - it's not too much, right?
I feel like now with the scanning and such they don't want to but then again RE6 had so few as well despite designing like hundreds.

Honestly I'd be fine paying for more
I'd pay $5 for Revelations Jill, $5 for Revelations concept Jill and $5 for officer uniform Jill right off the bat.

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
How long till the fanbase collectively decides that RE6 was the best one all along? It´s the longest measured by campaign length and it´s MP component was somewhat chunky too. Member when you could control zombies in someone else's game in RE6? That happened.

This is the first time Jill had a personality since 1996 and those cutscenes were glorious trash heaven. Well, not to kid me. It might as well have been a documentary in a language I was beginning to teach myself. A bunch of important things clearly happen to her in RE5 (her personality there or in RE3, REmake, UC or Rev 1 though is anyone´s guess) but her RE5 plot is totally subservient to what is going on with other people and even the control chip was placed on her chest in a way that would be exciting for the player to remove. A real note from one of the artbooks. We have a winner this time, thx Jim:
giphy.gif

She and South American Kyle Reese could go a long way. I would actually support the notion to see a return of this version of Carlos. It truly would be "too cruel to leave her in a Carlos-less world". I and the ending agree there. Jill was born in 1974 (Chris in 1973) so you can do the math if that scene is set in the present day, where she dropped off the face of the canon since 2009. She would have made a full recovery if she is able to box.

The new lab is also called NEST, there is another USB drive so that discussion can begin anew (these were produced since 1996) and it serves the same function as the Incineration Disposal Plant in a more logical fashion. That one was a cover to dispose of "biowaste". Satellite imaging and long-range lenses still existed in the 90s so it would be quite ballsy to melt your zombinos under the open air. Not anymore. That very room is what gives us Nemesis form 3. The one where you fight him is now a weapons testing area so the adjacent chemical bath is doubly explained. The overcharged rail gun even comes close to this:
giphy.gif

Member when Chris´ unit was as focused on ending human lives as the villains? Good times. The remains of the fight that the Delta Force had with most of the other Xs is gone but it was a denial of a Fireworks Factory type of deal anyway and would make little sense in the new location.
Nemi was still made by Umbrella EU, as a document states.

Mar 23, 2020
I feel like the lack of RE1 references in this and in 2 is moreso capcom assuming many people will make this their first RE game and dont' want to overload with stuff that wouldn't make sense to them I guess??? Sadly many new people won't even play HD remaster even with the 3D controls due to hating the outdated gameplay.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
How long till the fanbase collectively decides that RE6 was the best one all along? It´s the longest measured by campaign length and it´s MP component was somewhat chunky too. Member when you could control zombies in someone else's game in RE6? That happened.

This is the first time Jill had a personality since 1996 and those cutscenes were glorious trash heaven. Well, not to kid me. It might as well have been a documentary in a language I was beginning to teach myself. A bunch of important things clearly happen to her in RE5 (her personality there or in RE3, REmake, UC or Rev 1 though is anyone´s guess) but her RE5 plot is totally subservient to what is going on with other people and even the control chip was placed on her chest in a way that would be exciting for the player to remove. A real note from one of the artbooks. We have a winner this time, thx Jim:

The best in the series? That's never going to happen. I deeply enjoyed the multiplayer and Mercenaries mode from RE6, but that game will forever be a collective mess in the minds of a lot of people. Aside from Leon and Ada's campaigns, the rest of the campaign is relatively meh. The overblown and cartoonish action sequences can only be laughed and mocked at, same with the ridiculousness of Code Veronica. I enjoy playing the game with friends, but can't take the game seriously as either horror or being even remotely grounded even by the series standards.

Also, why is everyone making fun of Jill in the original RE in 1996 but not Chris? They both had limited personalities. The Sarah Connor parallels are amazing, though. I do like much of what they did to give Jill a more human personality with RE3 Remake.

I feel like the lack of RE1 references in this and in 2 is moreso capcom assuming many people will make this their first RE game and dont' want to overload with stuff that wouldn't make sense to them I guess??? Sadly many new people won't even play HD remaster even with the 3D controls due to hating the outdated gameplay.

A LOT of people gave REmake a swing, and I think throwing references would have not hurt anyone. The fans would get it, and those who didn't would probably be curious or somewhat confused. A reference that doesn't go into *wink wink fanservice* could have worked for all parties involved.

Mar 5, 2019
gladly it is under 10 hours, every classic RE is like this and they re made to be speedrunned, why every time we get a new RE I have to see people complaining about length?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
RE1 Chris is fairly bland till he reaches Tyrant and his portion is carried by the hilariously sexist take on Rebecca and whatever the fuck Wesker is on.
y1r1p9now3g41.jpg

Jill, on the other hand, goes from strength to strenght due to her chemistry with Barry.

REmake 3 easily has more references to RE1 than RE3. There is a rack of Tyrants in NEST which she recognizes as such to name a new one.
The wormies are gone, crows are technically mentioned as spreaders of the disease and you hear something about earthquakes but it´s a reused REmake 2 line, I think. Nikolai technically has 9 minutes left till the nuke will hit when Jill and Carlos enter their chopper to find another one but his Gun Survivor 1 report is invalidated in other ways even if he has the devil´s own luck.

There are 2 play times counted. Mr. Asissted sprinted and didn´t go for upgrades or docs:
6gpMDZw.png

At least he delivered.

It would be nice if we got a short DLC just like DMC V and REmake 2 received for the solo portion a month after release. Ghost Survivors was fun. I could take a 2nd round.

Edit: Zero + REmake and REmake 2 were also used by Capcom for a "previously on RE" to catch up new players last month. They still want to sell those and the changes to the 2nd half of REmake 2 now resolved the location issues Zero created if you play them together in a short time. Even the changes to REmake 3´s second half help with that but the Dead Factory (what a translation) is of lesser concern than the old Marshaling Yard that is in both Zero and RE2.

Last edited: