• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Nope Jawmuncher. How we got the new Frogger look:
AAd5RlAAAR51.jpg

The new tail the Hunters have ain´t new btw. The ones Wesker has in CVX have one but it´s short.

The new-ish parasite zombies can posses you like in Dead Space if they get you close in a new death animation. They basically swallow your head.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Neat bits from an interview with the producer:
- Overall, Resident Evil 3 was in development for about 3 years.
- Like its predecessor, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 3 expands on action elements. At its core, the game is still survival horror, but additions such as Perfect Dodge allow players to play it more like an action game without feeling like a hardcore shooter.
- First off, in terms of visual design, the art director Yonghee Cho wanted to make him
[Nemesis] feel like he fit in the reimagined and photorealistic Raccoon City and felt like a prototype model.

www.artstation.com

Cho Yonghee

Art Director, Concept Artist at CAPCOM

These made it into the game I just noticed. Maybe not one to one they are in the NEST:
cho-yonghee-mover.jpg

The game´s art direction is an A+. REmake 3 and REmake 1 are in the top position when it comes to that.

Last edited:

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I wonder if mods can put the gore back in. I forgot how much there was in 2 but since I bought the unlocks for $2 I see the difference. So meaty.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The first hour for all that now only have dead links and the hospital part 1:
www.dailymotion.com

REANYGAMEPLAY videos - dailymotion

REANYGAMEPLAY's channel, the place to watch all videos, playlists, and live streams by REANYGAMEPLAY on dailymotion

Nobody ever posted the Nemesis item drops, they look like this:
AAd5RlAAARWG.jpg
AAd5RlAAARWH.jpg

I also saw flame rounds he dropped. Nemis tentacle kill technically goes through Jill´s head if you mess with the camera. The only gore bit the original has over this one are the Hunter beheadings that show the player's head being carried away like in Predator 2. The arterial spray from the throat wound in this one is still kinda neat looking. The rest is laughably more violent and REmake 3 is more violent in places than REmake 2. It's the zombie dismemberment that was reworked. Still there of course. A quick and incomplete history on RE and gore cuts/actual censorship:
residentevil.fandom.com

Censorship of Resident Evil

With the establishment of video game classification groups in the 1990s and early 2000s, Resident Evil has been regionally edited to overcove restrictions. Due to the differing restrictions by Japan's "CERO"; Europe's "PEGI" and North America's "ESRB", Capcom has in recent years begun to...

Last edited:

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
preoreder cancelled, first they removed the worst boss from the entire series, then an useless cameo, I can't stand this, damn you Capcom

you're being ironic but
barry not rescuing jill via helicopter
makes my soul hurt as a life long resident evil fan. i actually can't believe you call it a useless cameo, did you play the old games when you were younger?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
first they removed the worst boss from the entire series
You say that but the very next game had a worse worm or is it as shit. U decide Era:

Also you know, Zero´s bosses. One of them may be THE worst. But they, the N64 version had this little buddy so aspects of it were always built on sand:

residentevil.fandom.com

Wesker's Monster

Wesker's Monster is a monkey-based enemy design that was ultimately rejected during the development of the Nintendo 64 Resident Evil Zero title. It was presented in a 2015 "Developer Diary" video during the production of the GameCube game's 2016 re-release. The purpose of this creature was to...
It would have hunted the Bravo Team! Get me out of here... That said. Spider Man was supposed make his first appreance for real in that one:
residentevil.fandom.com

Spider man

Spider man (蜘蛛 (こも)男 (お), Komoo?) is an enemy design that was ultimately rejected during the development of the Nintendo 64 Resident Evil Zero title. It was presented in a 2015 "Developer Diary" video during the production of the GameCube game's 2016 re-release.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
preoreder cancelled, first they removed the worst boss from the entire series, then an useless cameo, I can't stand this, damn you Capcom

I mean, sure but it is iconic, same with the cameo. A similar argument could be made about the alligator fight in RE2 just in that the original fight isn't necessarily bad but it's a nothing fight. They managed to get that gator fight in there and arguably its significantly better than in the original. I remember people complaining about that fight which made me want to yell at them "do you actually remember what that fight was in the original?!" lol. Anyway
I think they could've done something cool with the Grave digger fight in RE3 remake & considering that's the most iconic fight in the game I think it's a bummer not having it
. Having said that, I won't lose sleep over it's absence or really even enjoy the game any less.
You say that but the very next game had a worse worm or is it as shit. U decide Era:

Personally, I'd take the CVX worm over Grave Digger. Grave Digger fight is in a better setting and has a better culmination but the CVX fight always felt less clunky to navigate for me. But yes, neither version of that fight is particularly great. lol

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
It's really a shame all these remakes didn't manage to live to REmake 1, at this point half of the thread feels like "What did they cut?" rather than people being impressed with the additions.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean let's be honest. The Barry cameo is not a big deal, even in the original unless you had knowledge of the character, you wouldn't even know who was piloting the chopper.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I mean let's be honest. The Barry cameo is not a big deal, even in the original unless you had knowledge of the character, you wouldn't even know who was piloting the chopper.

Um, it certainly was a big deal at the time. I always disliked RE3, but Barry saving Jill was basically him making up for his actions in the original game with his betrayal on Wesker's orders. I get people saying it's not a deal breaker, but I'm honestly tired of people just dismissing elements and changes from original games. The ending with Barry was great, and honestly one of the few highlights I had with that game.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
There are less than 10 seconds of Barry in RE3, his name isn´t said and you don´t see his face properly:

I wouldn´t be surprised if this was a last-second deal (they also had to make 2 variants) as RE 1.9 lacked a CG budget before it was turned into RE3. Skipping him is kinda weird (this was canon and solved a RE1 ending question) but the case still has to close. The odds aren´t great though.
I don´t expect any epilogues either, which are arguably redundant now, but I´ll just fanfic my own.

Another page of new concept art:
re3_concept_hospital_1.png

Last edited:

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
No words yet on the "redacted" characters? if Barry is not one of them, who are they?
Maybe a future DLC?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So someone wanted me to post this anonymously for them, but they're playing the game for review and wanted to comment on the reported play times of the game.

They just played for over 5 hours straight and just got back to the Subway with full power on (Hardcore difficulty). However, their in-game timer for whatever reason says they've only been playing 2 hours and 15 minutes.

He wanted to report he was disappointed in early leak times reports, so he's been closely monitoring his time while playing and at least so far thinks if people have been using the in-game time, it isn't accurate to how long you've actually been playing. He also wants to add around half-way through the game he's loving it so far.

So there's another report into the pile for anyone concerned about time like he was. He's about half-way through the game right now and between the 5-6 hour mark right now on Hardcore, but his in-game timer reads 2:15 for some reason.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
So someone wanted me to post this anonymously for them, but they're playing the game for review and wanted to comment on the reported play times of the game.

They just played for over 5 hours straight and just got back to the Subway with full power on (Hardcore difficulty). However, their in-game timer for whatever reason says they've only been playing 2 hours and 15 minutes.

He wanted to report he was disappointed in early leak times reports, so he's been closely monitoring his time while playing and at least so far thinks if people have been using the in-game time, it isn't accurate to how long you've actually been playing. He also wants to add around half-way through the game he's loving it so far.

So there's another report into the pile for anyone concerned about time like he was. He's about half-way through the game right now and between the 5-6 hour mark right now on Hardcore, but his in-game timer reads 2:15 for some reason.
That bug is going to make trophy hunters happy, lol.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

This is good. Do you expect reviews on the 31st?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess, I imagine the timer resets to whatever it was when you hit the checkpoint when you die and respawn.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
Has any of the streamers played the New Game+ mode that reportedly has a different ending? Haven't heard anything else except for the data mining stuff about it.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
With the above information of a reviewer spending way more real-time playing the game than in-game time, I decided to do some testing in the demo. Here are my findings.

- Cutscenes: Pauses timer.
- Picking up new item: Timer continue.
- In inventory: Timer continues.
- Reading document: Timer continues.
- Radio call: Pauses timer.
- Short cutscenes, like the one that plays after going under the shutter: Pauses timer.
- Interactions, such as going back under the shutter: Timer continues.
- Being grabbed: Timer continues.
- Death: Resets timer to what it was at previous checkpoint. (EDIT: Upon being told otherwise and retesting, I found that continuing after death indeed DOESN'T reset the timer. I don't know if it was a glitch on my end or I somehow misremembered the time.)

So, if you skip all cutscenes and calls your first time through then yeah, it'll be 6 hours. Otherwise, you're likely to get several more hours past that due to cutscenes and possible deaths. I'm quite happy with this.

Last edited:

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
He wanted to report he was disappointed in early leak times reports, so he's been closely monitoring his time while playing and at least so far thinks if people have been using the in-game time, it isn't accurate to how long you've actually been playing.

This is a very very big deal to me. I also call slight bullshit. We'll see, but I've studied the timer and made a hook for the PC version for livesplit. It works the same way as the RE2 timer, that's how I basically instantly found it for RE3. That just sounds incredibly incorrect. If its true though, this is going to greatly impact the speedrun leaderboards.

Edit: I just realized, if your source is playing on hardcore and dying and loading up saves, the in game timer will only reflect the time from when they loaded the save. So that would answer as to why the in game time doesn't reflect their total play time.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
That EGM article is getting worst by the day.

I was excited for spiders and Nemesis being able to fuck you up in save rooms.

edit: OXM

Last edited:

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
There are less than 10 seconds of Barry in RE3, his name isn´t said and you don´t see his face properly:

so why cut him? they could have just done the same thing, don't show his face if you don't want to do another face scan just for barry.
i remember reading how the re2 remake team fought really hard to keep the ivy and the alligator in the game because they know fans of the old games want to see those things. with re3 it feels like the team just went "meh too much effort, just cut it" with a lot of things

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
You have 2 time in the game the first one on the pause menu mine said 5h40 at endgame and the second one on the result screen and mine said 7 hours

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Sliding Worms aren´t the Grave Digger to not create too much confusion:
residentevil.fandom.com

Sliding Worm

Sliding Worms (スライディングワーム, suraidingu-wāmu?) are the parasitic offspring produced by Grave Diggers. They were encountered by survivors during the Raccoon City Destruction Incident. The Grave Digger reproduces by laying eggs in the sewers and inside the ground, often in bunches of a hundred...
We still have to see them, so bye bye wormies. Probably.

Confirmed unlocks (I also saw all of these 2 days ago but my French ain´t too hot):
  • Jill STARS Costume (2000 p)
  • Recovery Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Defense Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Attack Coin (4000 p) 2 exist
  • Reloading Press (4000 p)
  • Chris Redfield's STARS Combat Manual (6400 p, makes perfect dodge much easier)
  • Hook (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Bolt Cutters (2800 p, so you don´t need to find it anymore)
  • Satchel (4800 p, increases inventory space) 2 exist
  • Hot Dagger (7200 p)
  • Samurai Edge (5600 p)
  • MUP Pistol (8000 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rai-Den (12000 p, infinite ammo)
  • CQBR Assault Rifle (28400 p, infinite ammo)
  • Rocket Launcher (62400 p, infinite ammo)

Maybe more if you do the harder difficulties. I, for example, don´t see the grenade/mine launcher listed and it´s in the game. And who knows how the art unlocks or the bubbleheads work.

Last edited: