• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So there are 5 difficulties..

Thats very curious, Dusk. Very curious indeed.

Part of me hopes that Hell is permadeath mode.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Nemi´s behaviors change with the difficulty in REmake 3 but we´ll see how much soon enough. Harcore is clearly the game´s stress test. I wonder how Carlos´ boulder punch will be adjusted damage-wise there. It´s quite something on normal, those Hunters take a hit.

It makes no sense for Nemesis to go after you after the clocktower fight, even if I disregard his state or good dramatic structure that always states that less is more. Can´t have suspense or variety otherwise and this Nemi basically starts in "phase 2" after the apartment intro. It took him 60% of the original to unleash his tentacles (phase 1 was ironically the strongest due to the weapon use). He uses his last strength to shoot the infected needle at you through the gate. He sees Jill shut down. So does Nikolai. (These cutscenes never looked better.) The main missions is done. He succeeded. How could Nemi know that Carlos would start a suicide mission to save his super cop crush?
That´s why his brain-buster on Bard was such an overkill. Brad was visibly infected. This was done for the sake of the player and not for any narrative logic. But is killing a dying wimp a good way to show off how strong the new monster is? Not really. Can´t say it impressed 11 years old me. That´s like if Akuma killed a wounded Dan in his introduction.

More quality Biohazard 1 pop music:

You know, you bring out a very good point. If Nemesis saw that Brad got bitten then he would label him as dead and ignore him. Same with Jill.

The thing is though, in the original he still goes after Jill after injecting her but I suppose they wanted him to be smarter I guess?

I'm just sad he never gets a win in the entire game.

:(

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
You know, you bring out a very good point. If Nemesis saw that Brad got bitten then he would label him as dead and ignore him. Same with Jill.

The thing is though, in the original he still goes after Jill after injecting her but I suppose they wanted him to be smarter I guess?

I'm just sad he never gets a win in the entire game.

:(

It really do be like that sometimes.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
There's five difficulties in the game I can confirm at this point:
-Assisted
-Normal
-Hardcore
-Nightmare
-Hell

Assisted, Normal and Hardcore are available on your first playthrough. If you beat the game on Hardcore (but not on Normal or Assisted), you unlock Nightmare. Nightmare remixes item and enemy placement and makes the enemy AI more aggressive, scarcer items, and attacks pack more punch. No one has unlocked Hell yet, but it's presumed to be unlocked when you beat Nightmare difficulty.

Hm... could "Hell" be like the Heaven & Hell mode in DMC, where one hit kills you and any enemy (or the other mode, Hell & Hell, where Enemies retain their durability from "Dante Must Die")? It's just speculation on my part, but a "cannot get hit outside cutscene injuries" difficulty mode would work for the game.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Hm... could "Hell" be like the Heaven & Hell mode in DMC, where one hit kills you and any enemy (or the other mode, Hell & Hell, where Enemies retain their durability from "Dante Must Die")? It's just speculation on my part, but a "cannot get hit outside cutscene injuries" difficulty mode would work for the game.
We don't know yet, but the one-hit death thing has come to mind before. Or it could be something else.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It would seem kind of redundant to have essentially 3 hardcore modes. I know the latter two likely remix items and enemies but i (speculation ofc) truly think hell will have some other mechanics at play.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
-Assisted
-Normal
-Hardcore
-Nightmare
-Hell

Assisted, Normal and Hardcore are available on your first playthrough. If you beat the game on Hardcore (but not on Normal or Assisted), you unlock Nightmare. Nightmare remixes item and enemy placement and makes the enemy AI more aggressive, scarcer items, and attacks pack more punch. No one has unlocked Hell yet, but it's presumed to be unlocked when you beat Nightmare difficulty.
And this is separate to NG+? can you run NG+ on any difficulty?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Anything yet on the redacted characters?
No, but eve
And this is separate to NG+? can you run NG+ on any difficulty?
New Game+ hasn't been confirmed yet. It is in the datamined files, but it also may be a leftover rather than something in the game.

The five difficulties are 100% in though the exact specifics of what Nightmare and Hell change are not known yet. New Game+ is looking less and less likely and more just a leftover in the game files.

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
The Carlos hospital stuff looks nuts and it's much more actiony than RE2. It makes me think that RE4make would look great on this engine.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
No, but eve

New Game+ hasn't been confirmed yet. It is in the datamined files, but it also may be a leftover rather than something in the game.

The five difficulties are 100% in though the exact specifics of what Nightmare and Hell change are not known yet. New Game+ is looking less an d less likely and more just a leftover in the game files.
I'm sure some of the people who'd finished the game on the French forum have mentioned it.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Ok. There is only 1 parasite zombie look (the one good idea ORC had) but there may be 2 sizes of the Drain Deimos.

Umbrella wants this shit to go out of control. The last thing they want is fewer zombies and the Tyrants do leave them alone. Chief Irons straight out sabotages the police force, the hospital was also set up from within and Outbreak showed well how fucked those firefighters were. The mercs were at first trashing evidence and going on endless hits in case the government burn notice on the city wouldn´t go through but the chaos spiraled so quickly that the executives could lean back rather fast. And that´s when every Dr. Strangelove available could start their weapons tests. Even Nemi is technically one.
Who cares if your random goop wasn´t quite figured out yet and would likely kill the mercs that set it up. Test that shit out, the nuke will burn it all clean anyway.
Nyx-0.png

I still haven´t figured out how the Chrysalid Virus (it´s just T Veronica + G) revives the ancient dead but it does. I truly wiped that underground Inca temple below a midwestern city out of my head but it sure happened. Part of RE died down there... At least it got fully cured (in itself a problem). So it´s only in RE6, the 1st manga and that was the end of it.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
www.criticalhit.net

Resident Evil 3 is breaking its South African release date a week early (Update: Not anymore)

With a three week lockdown in effect soon, that means that April’s heaviest hitters won’t be changing hands over a store counter. Well, unless you’re prepared to risk your health on Thursday just so that you can break a street date. In an email sent out from BT Games, the local video game supply...
giphy.gif

Persona 5R too, lol. Have fun Atlus.

Edit: A re-up of the first hour:

Last edited:

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
www.criticalhit.net

Resident Evil 3 is breaking its South African release date a week early (Update: Not anymore)

With a three week lockdown in effect soon, that means that April’s heaviest hitters won’t be changing hands over a store counter. Well, unless you’re prepared to risk your health on Thursday just so that you can break a street date. In an email sent out from BT Games, the local video game supply...
giphy.gif
.... does Capcom see what's going on and pull the trigger...?

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
www.criticalhit.net

giphy.gif

wtf!? Why can't they just release it globally at this point lol

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I do wonder how that works for gaming companies. Like who makes that call? Or how is it even made? I assume it's an extremely rare thing, and I don't believe it's going to happen. Just wondering

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
I do wonder how that works for gaming companies. Like who makes that call? Or how is it even made? I assume it's an extremely rare thing, and I don't believe it's going to happen. Just wondering

Pretty sure its just the retailer choosing to break street date. Only chance we could get the game globally is if enough physical copy pre-orders were tied up in locations on lock-down. It would be awesome, and a great way to encourage people to stay home, but I don't remotely expect it.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From what i've been reading it seems like people's disappointment is based on an nostalgic imagining of the nemesis rather than reality... that being, he appears in a few key moments (and some randomly) and can be mostly avoided. I guess it goes to show how iconic it is. People seem to have been expecting and remembering mr. x but through the ENTIRE game.
It comes from expectations set by Mr. X.

Nemmy could have been a constant threat up until the clock tower fight but balanced by the fact that you could get rid of him until the next scripted sequence by downing him.

takufox

Oct 27, 2017
I dont care what anyone says about the gore or the cut content, this game looks amazing. Hype not dampened at all.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It comes from expectations set by Mr. X.

Nemmy could have been a constant threat up until the clock tower fight but balanced by the fact that you could get rid of him until the next scripted sequence by downing him.

but it doesn't make sense when considering puzzles and a need to have quiet moments for pacing. IMO

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. There is only 1 parasite zombie look (the one good idea ORC had) but there may be 2 sizes of the Drain Deimos.

Umbrella wants this shit to go out of control. The last thing they want is fewer zombies and the Tyrants do leave them alone. Chief Irons straight out sabotages the police force, the hospital was also set up from within and Outbreak showed well how fucked those firefighters were. The mercs were at first trashing evidence and going on endless hits in case the government burn notice on the city wouldn´t go through but the chaos spiraled so quickly that the executives could lean back rather fast. And that´s when every Dr. Strangelove available could start their weapons tests. Even Nemi is technically one.
Who cares if your random goop wasn´t quite figured out yet and would likely kill the mercs that set it up. Test that shit out, the nuke will burn it all clean anyway.
Nyx-0.png

I still haven´t figured out how the Chrysalid Virus (it´s just T Veronica + G) revives the ancient dead but it does. I truly wiped that underground Inca temple below a midwestern city out of my head but it sure happened. Part of RE died down there... At least it got fully cured (in itself a problem). So it´s only in RE6, the 1st manga and that was the end of it.
Because of G. The G virus revives the dead.

Abisales

Feb 5, 2019
Do you know if the epilogue files are in R3make? Original game gives you one epilogue every time you beat it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo I never knew they were selling an unlock key to REmake2($1.99)
I hate having the fun unlock stuff looked behind tedious objectives besides difficulty levels.
I know what im replaying till RE3 now.

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been hearing unconfirmed rumors that Chris is the one who rescues Jill and Carlos instead of Barry? Any proof of that?

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
www.criticalhit.net

giphy.gif

Edit: A re-up of the first hour:

Thursday is my brithday so I'd be down for that. Maybe the capgods will grant me a birthday wish.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
So... they cut

Grave digger
Revived zombies from the graveyard
Spiders
Cool nemesis with tentacles on his arms

Dissapoiting :/

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
-Assisted
-Normal
-Hardcore
-Nightmare
-Hell

This is awesome news. I want to relive that experience of my first run of RE2 where I started on the highest difficulty and ended up actually surviving and struggling and having to make tough choices.

Apr 19, 2018
-Assisted
-Normal
-Hardcore
-Nightmare
-Hell

That sounds great, but I wish there were some middle ground mode where we get the remixed item/enemy placements but on a less ball-busting difficulty level. =/ On Hardcore, at the very least.