• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The 1999 park was badly designed and is about 10 minutes long, way less if you spring it.
Nikolai dies btw. We can close the book on him now. Update the wikia... but which death is canon. Old or new? Schrödinger's canon strikes again.
Part of RE1 supersedes REmake 1 btw as Biohazard The Stage has the old Rebecca meets Chris version as part of a flashback. Our canonical stage plays (all on YT with subs) are truly something.

Oct 20, 2018
No Man Spider but close:
1584962812492.jpg

REmake 3 made ORC Great Again, for the first time that is.

What are these things called again?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The jungle sounds pretty dumb considering that the outbreak hasn't been going on very long. I'll have to wait to see it before passing judgment though.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Birkin get raided on the 23rd of September (the footage of Hunk´s unit is time-stamped in REmake 2) and you saw how the sewers looked exactly 7 days later. They went full Tetsuo. The RC outbreak also has ties to Zero so the timetable is even more convoluted and longer. And you know, the canon Outbreak games really REALLY got for it in places:

There is a reason why the city needed to burn in nuclear fire. It's either all the trapped survivors or all of the American continent. Birkin was selling his shit to the US government, probably, thus the Umbrella hit so President Evil knew the stakes.

The only popular zombie apocalypse I know of that is objectively deadlier than what Capcom cooked up is in The Return of the Living Dead (1985) and that one is a satire of the then fresh-enough genre. There is a reason why Capcom had such a smash hit on their hands with the escalating PSX games. No one pushed as hard in a serious setting as them. They almost singlehandedly made zombies cool again. Modern zombie directors/authors straight out acknowledged this.

Last edited:

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The jungle sounds pretty dumb considering that the outbreak hasn't been going on very long. I'll have to wait to see it before passing judgment though.

In Outbreak it went from people chilling in a bar to the police blowing up the streets to form an impromptu barrier in the space of 20 minutes.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
My game will arrive soon ! Maybe after tomorrow.
Anyone can make a thread poll about the length of FF7 Remake ? I can't make a thread and I don't known why ?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
You are the Rail Gun:
1584964212423.jpg

1584965064903.jpg

The only revived dead in RE and they were cut:
residentevil.fandom.com

G-Zombie

G-Zombies are formerly deceased humans revivified by the Golgotha Virus.[1][2][3] Though Golgotha is able to resuscitate dead humans, they do not experience the regenerative effects experienced by humans such as William Birkin and Curtis Miller, who were alive when infected. Consequently, they...
The ones in CVX were shoveled into graves once they went catatonic according to canon to get rid of them but the bombings messed with the terrain. RE6 can be explained in similar ways as the graves weren´t even finished. Am I missing something else? I myself read primary sources that back up the claims on wikia that paraphrase: "It should be noted that while zombification is known to result in brain damage and necrosis, the hosts are not, in fact, dead, as the t-Virus is incapable of reanimating dead tissue. Even with a shut down of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, or apparent brain death, infected people do not die. Since some of the traits of zombies are the decomposed skin and the lack of pulse, they are often mistaken for reanimated corpses."

Something like the G-virus or C-virus will mutate the shit out of you to the point of unrecognizability but brain death or traumatic damage of major tissue is the end. That´s how we win these games. You could theoretically puppeteer a brain crushed Brad, Nemi can do this now, but the "child parasite" is the zombi´s motor there and that corpse would go to shit real quick too.
The C virus revives the dead.

The zombies in the catacombs are hundreds of years old.

How does Nicholai die?

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Great. Nemesis doesnt kill anyone important on this.

What a loser.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
So does this also mean that
Barry doesn't fly in to save Jill and Carlos anymore?
It's not obviously Barry, they've mentioned a pilot (i've avoided the ending). There is talk of New Game+ having a different ending? So still potential there I think, no ones finished that yet. [/SPOLER]

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
No worries. I've got a good idea of everything that happens in the game now and seen most of it (i've not watched the lab and final area just so I have incentive to play it myself) so if anyone wants to AMA I don't mind answering
What happens to Tyrell?

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
What happens to Tyrell?
Lol you've picked one of the few things I don't know, as I stopped watching as he and Jill follow Nicholai into the lab trying to find Carlos. He's in the game quite a bit he's pretty cool. From the lab onwards all I've seen is a couple of images, Nemesis final form, that nicholai one, and the explosion.

Feb 16, 2018
No worries. I've got a good idea of everything that happens in the game now and seen most of it (i've not watched the lab and final area just so I have incentive to play it myself) so if anyone wants to AMA I don't mind answering
Any idea how many boss fights and enemy types in the game? I've heard there are lickers when Carlos goes to the RPD but I'm not sure.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Any idea how many boss fights and enemy types in the game? I've heard there are lickers when Carlos goes to the RPD but I'm not sure.
Enemy Types
>zombies
>zombies infected by Nemmy - (from demo)
>dogs
>lickers - rpd level
>hunters - hospital level
>frog hunters - sewer level
>deimos - subsation segment
>paleheads from RE2 - Hospital basement onwards

bosses
>nemmy
>nemmy flamethrower
>nemmy rocket launcher
>clock tower nemesis (dog thing)
>blob nemesis (railgun boi)

Feb 16, 2018
Enemy Types
>zombies
>dogs
>lickers - rpd level

bosses
>nemmy
>nemmy flamethrower
>nemmy rocket launcher
Thank you

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Enemy Types
>zombies
>dogs
>lickers - rpd level

bosses
>nemmy
>nemmy flamethrower
>nemmy rocket launcher
So they also cut the chopper fight? *sigh* RE3 needed more bosses, not less.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
So they also cut the chopper fight? *sigh* RE3 needed more bosses, not less.
Like I said I dunno how that final bit with Nicholai plays out but the screen I posted before looks pretty obvious.
After the hospital you have this slightly weird confrontation with Nicholai in the hospital basement where he cuts the power and then keeps opening umbrella containers filled with random monsters to come at you while he escapes. It kinda reminded me of the first RE movie lol. I dunno if that's replacing the main fight with him or that helipad bit in the screen is a longer thing. I'd suggest not.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I love these games to the death, but god this fan base is just a lot to handle.

I sure as hell hope that if we are lucky enough to get that rumored Silent Hill revival, that the IP's new found fan base is a bit more ummmm, chill.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018

I sure as hell hope that if we are lucky enough to get that rumored Silent Hill revival, that the IP's new found fan base is a bit more ummmm, chill.
I dunno man I was totally with you thinking people were overreacting in here, but it would have been nice to have seen a bit more new content to be honest, even if I'm definitely going to play this a million times or more. And there are some bits where you can't help but think it all seems a little recycled from RE2. I was thinking from the few trailers released by Capcom in the build up to this that they'd done a really good job of keeping things secret... but to be honest after watching most of the game now a lot of it has been featured. Going to be interesting how it goes down with critics etc

Feb 16, 2018

Well I think its a bit of a few select people but yeah its a bit tiring. There are people here who are open to changes from the original.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I dunno man I was totally with you thinking people were overreacting in here, but it would have been nice to have seen a bit more new content to be honest, even if I'm definitely going to play this a million times or more. And there are some bits where you can't help but think it all seems a little recycled from RE2. I was thinking from the few trailers released by Capcom in the build up to this that they'd done a really good job of keeping things secret... but to be honest after watching most of the game now a lot of it has been featured. Going to be interesting how it goes down with critics etc
Im talking more in general though, and for sure its an off topic venting, but RE is one of the few fan bases that I honestly think can sometimes can cause harm to the IP.

Let's be honest If a large chunk of the fanbase had it's way (not saying its ERA RE fans), we would get endless Chris/Leon sequels with Claire/Ada/Jill cameos every now and then, then those same people would turn around and complain that the a game starring a boulder punching-zombie TRex slaying-international super soldier protagonist was more action than survival horror. Re 7 would never have happened.

Mar 23, 2020
So does this game only have 3 boss fights? Aka Flamethrower Nemesis, Clocktower Nemesis and the BLOB? Or is there 2 Nemesis fights in the labs like another leaker claimed?

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
You are the Rail Gun:
1584964212423.jpg

1584965064903.jpg

Okay, I know that it's plugged into something, but seriously, I really want that to be an unlockable. I'll admit, I'd probably never unlock it (haven't S+'d RE2), but just the option of having a Fortune-style Railgun as a thing in a new game plus toolkit is great.

lol yall really ruining this for yourselves :dead:
I'll be honest, I am kicking myself a little , because some of the spoilers I've seen would have made a pleasant surprise. But I heard that the game got leaked two weeks prior to the release date (nevermind that given the current situation, I might not get my copy on time), and realized that I could never hold myself to avoid spoilers for that period--so I drank deep. And am actually pretty hype for it--it's a very different game, but it looks great, IMO.

(I may have joined resetera specifically to dig through this thread).

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Enemy Types
>zombies
>dogs
>lickers - rpd level

bosses
>nemmy
>nemmy flamethrower
>nemmy rocket launcher
Wait... So we don't even fight Nemesis at all after the Clock tower until the finale?

What hell?

JustFour

Mar 23, 2020
Is the police last stand sequence in the game in any form? That's the one scene that got me into Resident Evil as a kid and I was really looking forward to seeing it remade. A damn shame if it isn't in the game in some way. The police station is already on the verge of getting overrun when Jill gets there, right?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Is the police last stand sequence in the game in any form? That's the one scene that got me into Resident Evil as a kid and I was really looking forward to seeing it remade. A damn shame if it isn't in the game in some way. The police station is already on the verge of getting overrun when Jill gets there, right?
It's not there in the way it originally was in the game, but it is in the game in three ways:
-The opening in live-action shows police in riot gear going to contain riots in the city going to Hell.
-The playable sequence after Jill escapes her apartment is in the middle of the city going to Hell, and shows chaos happening all around you.
-Later as Carlos enters the RPD you see police forces at RPD losing before the events of RE2.