• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, I read through the French forums and the first leaker pretty much confirmed he rushed through it no matter how much he tries to deny it. He repeatedly says something along the lines of "Nemesis makes exploration tense so I just ran along, no time for exploration". Of course this is going off Google Translate which is spotty at best

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm as hyped as ever. Loved the demo, played through it twice, then uninstalled to wait for the full release. Doom will keep me busy until then.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Is this her real apartment or a "safe house". Probably the former but still living in your own 4 walls after the chief of police put a target on your head, well...
latest

He is both a taxidermist and a serial rapist in-canon so Jill is living on the knife's edge like that.

Is there a point in REmake 3 where Nemi "officially" turns on the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service? It would be cool if he started to say Carlos after the tables turn but not Nikolai. That version of the death ain´t canon btw. He got to the chopper and then, who knows. He is still a ? in regards to him living or dying. But only Nemesis as bosses cuts out the heli boss.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Given all the revelations as of late, what was this then:
www.resetera.com

Ton of new Resident Evil 3 info from OXM (Safe Room, enemies & more) UPDATE: Capcom clarifies Safe Rooms are safe

So a new issue of of OXM came out that has a meaty 9-10 page article on RE3. It actually has a lot of new details, so I thought I'd summarize them here. HEADS-UP, some of these details are laced with spoilers, so if you want to go in as blind as possible, you probably shouldn't read this. But...
???
Did OXM fabricate the Grave Digger and giant spiders being in the game?🤔

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Ton of new Resident Evil 3 info from OXM (Safe Room, enemies & more) UPDATE: Capcom clarifies Safe Rooms are safe

So a new issue of of OXM came out that has a meaty 9-10 page article on RE3. It actually has a lot of new details, so I thought I'd summarize them here. HEADS-UP, some of these details are laced with spoilers, so if you want to go in as blind as possible, you probably shouldn't read this. But...
???
Check the threadmarks. I made a post about it. Tl;dr, they were speculating.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
www.resetera.com

???
I think their wording was just a bit off. They first confirmed three enemy types and then they listed their favourite enemies from the original with a sentence before the list that said: "Here are some of our other favourite fiends from the original that you can expect to make a reappearance in the reboot."

They were assuming a bit too much there.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
WTF?
Jill's apartment
is so lame, lol, i thought STARS were elite operatives, with, you know, elite salary.
Also, sleeping with shoes on?
Loving the Intro btw, it reminds me of RE: Apocalypse, only good part of the movie.

She's an operate of a police department, so the money makes sense. Most cops don't make good money. One of my sparing partners is an actual SWAT officer, and he's not rolling in money. Not my any stretch of the imagination. The only cops that make dough are those in administration that have rank and are higher ups. Even Jill isn't going to be rolling in money, and I'm sure it's not a big issue for her by the state of her apartment.

On another note, the spoilers have deflated a lot of my hype for this game. I'm afraid it's going to end up being another lesser sequel following the love everyone (myself included) had for RE2 and it's remake.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm actually totally cool and okay with there being less gore lol. Not the biggest fan of it (I can deal with gore but its never made an impression on me).

The length of the game though is definitely a little odd to me.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
STARS outfit is nice but just reinforces my opinion that she looks dumb. If they remake 1 again they need to get rid of the dumb shoulder pads and give her a combat vest like everyone else.

WTF?
Jill's apartment
is so lame, lol, i thought STARS were elite operatives, with, you know, elite salary.
Also, sleeping with shoes on?
Loving the Intro btw, it reminds me of RE: Apocalypse, only good part of the movie.

If you read Jill's bio then you'll learn that she's been under house arrest and constant Umbrella supervision since the Mansion Incident. I doubt she can afford shit while being essentially locked up.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
So hold on - they cut back on the gore/dismemberment from REmake 2??

they did. probably because consoles can't handle it. they should have made re3 a next gen game only in that case, and the fact that they cut stuff like the clocktower which is one of the most iconic locations in re3 and the grave digger makes this feel like they didn't put as much effort into it as with resident evil 2 which i loved.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
they did. probably because consoles can't handle it. they should have made re3 a next gen game only in that case, and the fact that they cut stuff like the clocktower which is one of the most iconic locations in re3 and the grave digger makes this feel like they didn't put as much effort into it as with resident evil 2 which i loved.
I think you're going to be surprised by the game itself. I can say this right now, RE3 has a LOT more variety in nearly everything than RE2 or RE7 had. It has more locations, more enemies, more switch-up in gameplay, more weapons, etc.

I'm really curious how people are going to break this one down though when they get their hands on it. The game is not very long, but they do some excellent things for pacing, variety and have a lot of highs throughout.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Probably won't buy it at launch now. For once i'm glad for leaks.
Resistance might be the deciding factor if it's good and highly replayable

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This is clearly one of the least rushed Capcom games ever. It makes REmake 2 look rushed if anything. I am also fairly sure that Capcom could have released REmake 3 way sooner with how fast the teams went. Is REmake 2 "longer"? Sure, does the added material after the first scenario run add much of anything? ...eh. The Hunk + Tofu modes (5 Tofus is a bit much, doing 3 was enough for me), Hardcore and the 4 survivor modes are great though. Not that REmake 2 was rushed. REmake 2´s team just spent too much time not finalizing their design. Their loaf still came out just right, somehow.
This actually looks like a coherent creative vision, it connects WAY better to the "main game" than in 1999 (RE2 is and always was the main dish) and short games aren´t and have never been a problem on paper. See Max Payne 2. My first run was 5,5 hours and I had no complaints back then. No fat and those bones.

The only thing that the 1996 unforms need to stop the cast from looking like anime hunters is a recolor, see:
8d881b0c6e0ec3c996eb25b6e9650c5a-700.jpg

No one in the army would ever sleep with their boots on btw. You are taught not to as they cut off circulation. That´s what the Bundeswehr taught me anyway. The Delta Force failed Jill!

I still have to see the nuke Dusk Golem. How does it look, is Nemi´s final for actually worth it this time and is there a proper epilogue? The REmakes are done for now so some closure for news players would be nice.

Edit: You also dress for the job. STARS went out to fight kidnapping cannibals in the woods. You don´t need heavy body armor for that.

Last edited:

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I like the new RE1 design, I guess the shoulder pad criticism finally got to 'em eh?

I was always fond of the idea that they were actually shotgun recoil dampening shoulderpads like these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32671215188.html
Now as to why is she wearing two of them? Rule of cool? Jills ambidextrous?

(i need to get out of this thread though, my will to look away is weak :( )

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Jill is a bomb disposal expert, why do I know this, outside of you now... the mastering the locks VaporSnake. If anyone is ambidextrous then it´s her.

Thx google/wikia: Jill is apparently ambidextrous as she is seen firing a Sig 556 with her left hand on the ending for Desperate Escape. There is a picture of her holding an M92F with her right hand in Resident Evil 5 as well. https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Jill_Valentine/notes
The deepest lore, lol. I could never shoot straight with my left hand as the main.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe I'm totally de-hyped for this game now - I was so excited for it after REmake 2😔

So to recap:
• No REmake 2 level gore/dismemberment
• No Spiders
• No Grave Digger
• A shorter, smaller clock tower
• Shorter playtime - or as long as one scenario in REmake 2

Say it ain't so☹😢

Hype definitely went down for me as well. Biggest bummer is gimped dismemberment system and lack of interesting extra modes. Mercs should have been there.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Jill is a bomb disposal expert, why do I know this, outside of you now... the mastering the locks VaporSnake. If anyone is ambidextrous then it´s her.

Thx google/wikia: Jill is apparently ambidextrous as she is seen firing a Sig 556 with her left hand on the ending for Desperate Escape. There is a picture of her holding an M92F with her right hand in Resident Evil 5 as well. https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Jill_Valentine/notes
The deepest lore, lol. I could never shoot straight with my left hand as the main.
Well shit, that's awesome I had no idea she was ambidextrous, problem solved!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, I read through the French forums and the first leaker pretty much confirmed he rushed through it no matter how much he tries to deny it. He repeatedly says something along the lines of "Nemesis makes exploration tense so I just ran along, no time for exploration". Of course this is going off Google Translate which is spotty at best

It's not that surprising. Folks who got the game essentially two weeks early aren't going to take their time, they're gonna speedrun it to get info for internet brownie points.

I would, however, be surprised if the game was really as short as some people here have mentioned. The demo was pretty short if you just ran straight for the fire hose and back to the hydrant, but there were quite a lot of other areas to explore that you'd miss.

Maybe if you just go from A to B the game is as long as a normal run in RE2 but if you actually explore the map it's much, much bigger.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lickers instead of spiders makes sense. Capcom didn't bother to design a new enemy but rather took the lickers they had in RE2R already. As for RE2R, I thought the B scenarios were weak. Apart from the first 30 minutes I didn't notice much of a change. Mr.X appeared in A scenario which was a fatal flaw (he just appeared earlier in B), in the original it shook up the B scenarios.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to avoid spoilers so it's dumb for me to enter this thread (lol), but has there been any reports to the performance of the console versions? Will the final Pro or 1X versions have the same performance as their respective demos? Any patches?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
There is about 1 minute of Kendo in the game and the pacing is wow. This game is a relentless sprint! A true Last Escape. I keep saying that this is RE6 done right and it is. People who know how to play and just want to get through this won´t take 5,5 hours on the first run. New Brad is also best Brad. He even gets a full arc and Jill doesn´t go the RPD. Not that I got all the pieces but I think it´s purely Carlos there this time.
Jill is now an actual character for the first time but she was memorable in 1996... for trash reasons. I think that she will be the fan-favorite after this game or on the level of Leon. "Super-cop" indeed.

The railway gem thingy, moved from the clocktower, is a pure gimmicky btw to give you things, like a hip-pouch.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
My final prediction is a 78 Metacritic score. Think history repeats itself and RE3 is not as well received as RE2, BUT still a very good game.

No way it scores that low. If history does repeat itself, it should be high 86-89 or something like that.

We had a firestorm of bad news with the leak and it sucks for RE3 fans, but not of it makes the game worse in itself. I still have hope of a 90+ score, but it will depends on how replayable it feels and how Resistence will affect the score. Unless the camapaign is truly extraordinary.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Just watched the grave digger encounter on youtube - absolute garbage. Why would anyone want it in the remake.

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw the intro.
Jill's holsters etc. appearing in a quick-change with a dead cop was.. weird. Wonder why they didn't just have Carlos give her some kit like in the original.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grave Digger was trash anyway. The part with the switches was bad and the final encounter was very weak.

As for the clocktower, I liked it but it was rather small in the original. It was the main objective of the game though, to signal the helicopter to gfto. It probably still is, but now reduced to just the boss encounter?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a few shots of the area before the Clock Tower. I like the look of the place a lot.

vlcsnap-2020-03-22-06h20m03s113.png

vlcsnap-2020-03-22-06h20m41s201.png

vlcsnap-2020-03-22-06h21m39s999.png

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I looked up the FPS mod for the demo and it´s crazy good already. Even dodging works! I get why REmake 2 works well like that as it almost was an FPS but even our latest pure-ish action game works with the RE7 playstyle. Sucks that only PC players will get it as Capcom could properly extend the life of the remakes with this on consoles. One of the few things I will mark down as a clear misstep.

Wanna see an even worse version of the digger Fizie? Umbrella Chronicles got you covered (a resued Outbreak map on top of that):
It´s fairly fun in co-op though. That RE3 portion even begins with a zombie assaulting a weak as fuck Jill in a sexually suggestive way and Carlos saves her damseled ass. That Nemi was total wank too. Boo-urns to that. One of the pachinko machines even gave her RE3 top clothing damage so official underboob art is out there for Jill. We went through some dark times with RE and women for a bit... Well, not anymore.