• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
God damn it man.

Just read the stuff that is missing and I am really disapointed. Seems like it is another REmake 2. A great game but a disapointing remake.

Just why did they do this? I wanted an expansion on RE3's setting and everything. Not an expansion in some parts and removal of other stuff that made RE3 special.

REmake 1 is how you please everyone...
Just entered the thread here. Can you give me a summary?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
what is the estimated review score? what is the good, bad, and the ugly?
Most of the stuff disappointing people in this thread probably won;t affect reviews at all since similar issues didn;t affect scores for RE2. I do wonder how much the reduced difficulty of normal mode will affect things, as well as the hardest difficulty having autosaves & checkpoints, along with being locked behind completion of the game will affect things.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Grave Digger is the worst designed section in the original but Capcom could have made him work. Did they make Killer Croc work in REmake 2? Kind of not. Eh.
Dead Capcom:
30fef0a8a5dc78c184160f09d70a61c8.jpg

Next time then. Sigh. The cutscenes I saw look fresh as fuck btw.

Is it confirmed that Super Hard Mode is a remix?

Oct 27, 2017
Just entered the thread here. Can you give me a summary?
From what we are hearing:

-Spiders and the grave digger are not in the game
-Clocktower is in but is very small and you fight Nemesis there then leave
-Dead Factory is seemingly not in the game
-The park isn't in the game (not sure if this is true

Now the first two is the most dissapointing things to me personally. Clocktower was great in the original and I loved how infested it was with spiders. The grave digger wasn't that good of an encounter but I would have liked them to improve on it and make something cool.

Then you have things like no mercenaries mode and no randomized campaign. These two were known and I made my peace with them somewhat.

I wish we would get a "director's cut" edition of this and REmake 2 that add more stuff from the original games.

Edit:
Just to be fair, they did replace some of that stuff with new content and expanded on some of the locations from RE3. There is also an enemy in the game that wasn't in the original (trust me, this enemy is very welcome and it is awesome they added it).

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
So hold on - they cut back on the gore/dismemberment from REmake 2??
No but it´s complicated. Dismemberment itself is in, even with a knife if you do it right, BUT it all looks less extreme. The cut-of parts go away, if the zombies are on the ground, at least it looked like that. All still fairly explicit and PC players don´t need to worry for too long. The game code for the old way is supposed still in and easy to reactivate.

The guns are also rebalanced in how they deal stopping force and damage by design, so even mods won´t make the walking dead into flesh Piñatas like in REmake 2.
A German outlet broke this months ago btw: Gamez.de Look out for that name if you see "leaks". There continue to be on the money with Capcom.

Last edited:

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
No but it´s complicated. Dismemberment itself is in, even with a knife if you do it right, BUT it all looks less extreme. The cut-of parts go away, if the zombies are on the ground, at least it looked like that. All still fairly explicit and PC players don´t need to worry for too long. The game code for the old way is supposed still in and easy to reactivate.

The guns are also rebalanced in how they deal stopping force and damage by design, so even mods won´t make the walking dead into flesh Piñatas like in REmake 2.
A German outlet broke this months ago btw: Gamez.de Look out for that name if you see "leaks". There continue to be on the money with Capcom.
But...why?

Half the charm of the Resident Evil 2 Remake was how incredibly realistically gory it was. I don't see why with the engine already in place and the gore/dismemberment system already in place that they would choose to scale it back??

Was there some controversy regarding the gore in REmake 2 that I'm unaware of?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
But...why?

Half the charm of the Resident Evil 2 Remake was how incredibly realistically gory it was. I don't see why with the engine already in place and the gore/dismemberment system already in place that they would choose to scale it back??

Was there some controversy regarding the gore in REmake 2 that I'm unaware of?
Based on the demo, could be a balance thing. More zombies and more ammo, would be really easy to kneecap entire hordes

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
People already finished the game and are posting Jill's unlockable costumes.
SPOILERS of course
1584846080292.jpg

also they're finishing it in
5 hours

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Gamez.de stated that Mikami said to Capcom that they were overstepping with the recent violence Black Chamber. Is that true? Who knows. His RE4 is the most violent one to this day. TEW 1/2 and RE 1996 are also more violent than RE7 or REmake 2. Papa Mikami loves gore. So I don´t know but the nasty things at the start of 7 and REmake 2 (the falling off face of the zombie cop) may be too much if you want to maximize sales. Even the gore in Gears is of a different kind. You would need to go to the nuthouse nonsense gore in God of War 3 (that game is very misguided in parts) to get comparable results and that series stepped back big time.

All I can tell is that even the Rated Z versions of RE7 and REmake 2 were still censored in Japan despite being the gore versions. Capcom simply can´t sell the games they make as is in their own backyard. Will REmake 3 come out 100% uncensored in the Z version? If so, then we may have our answer. Maybe.
But again, REmake 3 is violent. Capcom regulated the flow but didn´t cut off the blood supply. The average consumer won´t even notice which may be the point and a (market) test in itself. Bitch about this directly to their channels and RE8 may regulate things back up again.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
How Jill´s unform almost looked like not that we know how she "actually" looks like:
DrVVHQHW4AEYFiu.jpg
DrVVMSBWwAEqwUn

GFbooksDirCut.jpg
xZvET5d.png

Crimson-head.com is where you get these, if you sign up, under "rareties". They also had actors on their RE podcast. Uncle Grigori knows all the good links ,-)
The "canonical" hair length is another debate topis as you see on the bottom right. That´s an official press shot.

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I played the demo just once but I did not look that closely at the gore but it seemed the same to me. I guess I never really cared about it enough to notice its supposed absence in RE3. What I did notice about the gore(if you wanna call it that) was when I shot the red barrels I saw something that looked like a zombie head fall to the ground even though their heads remained intact when I went to investigate the bodies. It happened twice on my run but I might be mistaking it for something else, definitely looked like a silhouette of an upside down head in the fire lol.

Are the difficulty options in the OP confirmed? That remix hard mode sounds amazing if true. I played RE2 on the hardest difficulty on my first run and was constantly in need of supplies but it made for an unique experience, would love to relive that again.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The unlock screen with the leaked unform, so the "points shop" (the 1999 one has one too, kinda) is real and Nemi remains the menu screen:
AAd5RlAAARVy.jpg

AAd5RlAAARVx.jpg

AAd5RlAAARWk.jpg

Do we really need spoiler tags though? Really?

Edit: Added the comaprison. Looks mostly the same to me in 1996, 2002 and 2020.

Last edited:

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Well my hype for this is massively dampened.

Just finished and adored REmake 2.

The decreased gore is lame.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did that ever happen though Kinsei? I only remember saving restrictions and the last 2 may have counted deaths. And infinite weapons like you say.
The original RE3 didn't even let you use too many green herbs if you wanted an A rank (the bes rank in that game). OG RE2 and Code Veronica also limited your first aid sprays. You could use 1 in RE2 and none in Code Veronica if you wanted the best rank.

Oct 25, 2017
Intro is terrible compared to the original

For anyone that watched the playthrough leak is Jill's nightmare anything significant after the intro?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Pandora's Box
Complete the game without opening the item chest

You're Not Bad!
Complete the game without using more than one healing item

Good stuff and we had harder ones in the past. I finished REmake with just a knife, as I had to.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Decreased Gore is due to the increased enemy amounts. It's an optimization thing, it'll make even more sense when you see later parts of the game.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Intro is terrible compared to the original

For anyone that watched the playthrough leak is Jill's nightmare anything significant after the intro?
For what it's worth, a lot of the "Raccoon City downfall" stuff is actually playable now after Jill leaves her apartment. The whole prologue section is around 20 minutes long, I just posted the first four minutes that's mainly cutscene stuff before the game starts really going, though I also would advise if you watch it to save the rest for yourselves if you plan to play it.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The fall of Racoon City was supposed to be in the original too but actual censorship saw an end to that and the budget wasn´t there anyway. It´s final remain, outside of the CG intro, was the human scream you head at the start but don´t ask me why the comic prologue got cut down so much (I know why but the answer is unsatisfactory).

The human being eaten at the start of the demo is an exact reconstruction of a scene that was axed in 1999. I am curious which cut 1999 ideas show up again. Kiyohiko Sakata clearly knows the original design doc and script.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Decreased Gore is due to the increased enemy amounts. It's an optimization thing, it'll make even more sense when you see later parts of the game.
It's no Days Gone, but it's still impressive.
I get what you mean :)

Still, it would have been great if they had used the REmake 2 level gore/dismemberment models for the majority of the game and then used the lesser gore models for the hordes/large groups later on.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Onimusha 3 did stuff like that for the mass battles Black Chamber, just not with gore. That´s where my head wandered.
Days Gone´s hordes were kinda bleh if you ask me.

Jill has 4 if you count the pre-order one. Carlos has 3, one is again the DLC. Or so they say. Pics or it didn´t happen. Pls.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated to the leaks, but I just beat the demo in 20 minutes because Nemesis is terrifying and I gunned for the hydrant the second he knocked my health to red like nothing. I am scared.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
The intro actually reminds me of the 2004 remake of Dawn Of The Dead's opening credits. Throw some Johnny Cash over it and you are golden lol

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I can't believe I'm totally de-hyped for this game now - I was so excited for it after REmake 2😔

So to recap:
• No REmake 2 level gore/dismemberment
• No Spiders
• No Grave Digger
• A shorter, smaller clock tower
• Shorter playtime - or as long as one scenario in REmake 2

Say it ain't so☹😢