• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
History repeats lol, I'm betting against this game vs FF7 and Even I can tell y'all freaking out for no reason. RE2R had similar misgivings when it leaked and That game turned out damn good, so this will be fine.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Oh well, I caved in and looked at what was leaked. Nothing really surprising and I'm glad that they didn't gave any real story related spoilers.
I don't mind the cut at all. Especially if they added new things instead. I prefer experiencing something new instead of just the same old with a new coat of paint.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
I mean he's 3 and a half hours into this playthrough and doesn't seem that much further on than the demo...

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the lies on reddit are already starting. People saying Capcom cut parts of the game because of Resistance even though its outsourced smh.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
One thing is, I don't mind horror games like this being on shorter side. About 6 hours is actually fairly perfect, if there's replayability.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
What are people describing stuff not being present in the reimagining as "cut content"? That implies the content was originally there and it was deliberately cut from the game.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Eh there were similar freak outs back when RE2 was about to release, I'll reserve judgement until when I play it. RE2 was my GOTY last year and it was fantastic despite changes and cuts from the original.
This. Also it's more than a little annoying seeing some people act like the game is going to flop too. You haven't even played it yourself yet, there's no way to know how the cuts and expanded bits remake the whole

The hyperbole in this thread...Jesus

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tabbing in and out of the stream to not get too spoiled, but I did catch this.

59f14174b116c01a19a3a7027a99a212.gif

Oct 27, 2017
God damn it man.

Just read the stuff that is missing and I am really disapointed. Seems like it is another REmake 2. A great game but a disapointing remake.

Just why did they do this? I wanted an expansion on RE3's setting and everything. Not an expansion in some parts and removal of other stuff that made RE3 special.

REmake 1 is how you please everyone...

Oct 25, 2017
Bit sad that instead of remaking the grave digger fight to be cool, they just removed it entirely. Sometimes the point of remakes is to take things that weren't exactly fleshed out and to make them more complete.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I'm tapping out. This is the part I can't wait for the most. Saw Carlos open that door and was like NOPE I'm done. Saving this bit for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Bit sad that instead of remaking the grave digger fight to be cool, they just removed it entirely. Sometimes the point of remakes is to take things that weren't exactly fleshed out and to make them more complete.
Exactly.

I have no doubts the game would be good, like REmake 2. But the reason I wanted a remake was cause I would like an updated version of the original like it was made today while adding new stuff.

Mercenaries, spiders, grave digger, the randomization each playthrough... Etc. All of that are reasons why I love RE3.
The grave digger for example wasn't that good of a boss fight but even then I still wouldn't want the remake to cut it out. Make it better cause you are getting another chance. Not cut it.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Exactly.

I have no doubts the game would be good, like REmake 2. But the reason I wanted a remake was cause I would like an updated version of the original like it was made today while adding new stuff.

Mercenaries, spiders, grave digger, the randomization each playthrough... Etc. All of that are reasons why I love RE3.
The grave digger for example wasn't that good of a boss fight but even then I still wouldn't want the remake to cut it out. Make it better cause you are getting another chance. Not cut it.

Then just play an HD mod of the original game or something. It sounds like you just want the old game but newer. This is a new game.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
No, I want a reimagined RE3 that updates the game while still keeping what made it memorable and expanding on it.

I'm confused, that's what this looks like to me? Not trying to argue. I understand being disappointed about Grave Digger being cut. People were all up in arms over here over spiders being cut in RE2 (and the moths). I don't remember those things actually impacting my enjoyment of RE2's remake though.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused, that's what this looks like to me? Not trying to argue. I understand being disappointed about Grave Digger being cut. People were all up in arms over here over spiders being cut in RE2 (and the moths). I don't remember those things actually impacting my enjoyment of RE2's remake though.
Don't know what's confusing about it.

I want a new game that remakes RE3 and adds to it. That means bringing back everything from the original and remake it into a modern experience. If you are not going to bring back what people loved in the original then why limit your self and not make a whole new game instead?

The remake will be a good game but that doesn't mean it will be a good satisfying remake. If you enjoyed REmake 2 then good for you. I enjoyed it too but I was disappointed in it as well cause it changed a lot of things from the original that were sorely missed.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not watching the stream but I'm loving the sound of all these connections to RE2 remake. Sounds like the RPD might be my favourite part of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
It's really more of the fact people want more enemy variety and added bosses. Remake 1 had Lisa Trevor and the Crimson Heads while keeping all the enemies from the original and building upon them. Remake 2 had all the bosses but cut a few enemies they could've expanded on. This seems to also do that as well as cut one of the bosses and added one new type of enemy. I understand making content in games is more expensive and time consuming now because of graphics and expectations, but it does sucks for some of these things to be removed. Same goes with mercenary mode.

I'm still going to get the game, but hearing that the game has removed some stuff is a bit disheartening. I'm hoping it has plenty of replayability.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Not watching the stream but I'm loving the sound of all these connections to RE2 remake. Sounds like the RPD might be my favourite part of the game.
Was why this was my most anticipated part. I backed out of the stream due to it. RPD is so iconic and being there in the middle of it going to shit instead of seeing just the aftermath

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
Only read the part about difficulties and new game + and it sounds hype. Is it known, if ink ribbons are in the game?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There's the money shot for those waiting.
4d60e863b859325f56105e3631cf3281.png

I'm calling it now, the stream's gonna' be taken down during their break before reaching the Clock Tower for the curious people.