• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Oh so it begins. My first RE2R playthrough took 12 hours so I have 0 reason to believe someohe who allegedly has and completed the game in 6 hours and didn't rush it on first playthrough. Even if true, me and him have very differnt playstyles on a first run.
Then there's info from him that contradicts what we heard. Unless he can prove it I don't believe anything he says.

He says RE2make took him 9 hours and he didn't rush RE3make. There's no reason to disbelieve him aside from not wanting bad news to be true. He's provided more than enough evidence of having the game.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed with the leaks. Have to cross my fingers for some DLC or an Outbreak REmake next to get the meaty Raccoon City experience that I've been yearning for.

Deleted member 64503

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 13, 2020
Damn just wanted to see the weapon list, oh well I'm out now.

Edit- the topic of game length for a RE game is very dependant on the person.
The demo for example some are speedrunning 2 mins, some exploration 25 min or fucking about 45 min.

For me personally I'll beat the game on every difficulty and platinum it so I definitely get my time out of it

Last edited:

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
Aw man they need to release it early now, the planet is fucked give us something to take our mind off the hellworld.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm gonna start with hard mode.

www.resetera.com

Ton of new Resident Evil 3 info from OXM (Safe Room, enemies & more) UPDATE: Capcom clarifies Safe Rooms are safe

So a new issue of of OXM came out that has a meaty 9-10 page article on RE3. It actually has a lot of new details, so I thought I'd summarize them here. HEADS-UP, some of these details are laced with spoilers, so if you want to go in as blind as possible, you probably shouldn't read this. But...

So was this mag full of shit?
We knew that even before the leaks.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I wonder why this game was so shrinked?
The original was short already, and the Remake has stuff cut out or very short segments, but why ?
Budget constraints?

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was confirmed last month in the previews. He does.
That's great. I just don't know what to trust anymore, I was sure spiders and grave digger were confirmed too
-Grave Digger is confirmed to be in the game. Hints there's some Tremors-inspired sequences with it, and you can shoot and toss grenades down its throat.
-Spiders are confirmed to be in the game! They have a tendency to scuttle all over the place, sometimes towards or away from you, or drop on you from the ceiling. (Also confirm Drain Deimos and Spiders are separate enemies in RE3 and behave differently.)
Like WTF, how can that mag publish this wrong info like that? Capcom only refuted the Nemesis in save room part, too

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
That's great. I just don't know what to trust anymore, I was sure spiders and grave digger were confirmed too

Like WTF, how can that mag publish this wrong info like that? Capcom only refuted the Nemesis in save room part, too
That OXM issue is a straight travesty. Pretty much it was them straight assuming what would be in the game. That's all. The previews from multiple outlets have been full of shit

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Few things more from the French fun, responding to everyone getting bummed over the cut stuff:
-City is much larger than the original.
-Apartments are new.
-Hospital is much larger than the original.
-Sewers are new.
-There's two new environments in the last fourth of the game they don't want to spoil, but are brand new and weren't in the original.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure that's the case. The mangled machine translation of that guy's posts seems to indicate that downing Nemmy and other things nets you points that you can put towards bonus items and modifiers.

People said he dropped weapon upgrades so maybe they meant he drops points that go towards weapon upgrades? Weird.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Few things more from the French fun, responding to everyone getting bummed over the cut stuff:
-City is much larger than the original.
-Apartments are new.
-Hospital is much larger than the original.
-Sewers are new.
-There's two new environments in the last fourth of the game they don't want to spoil, but are brand new and weren't in the original.

i mean for the most part this does sound like RE2 a LOT. Some cut enemies/locales, but reinvigorated expanded areas and new locales.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i mean for the most part this does sound like RE2 a LOT. Some cut enemies/locales, but reinvigorated expanded areas and new locales.

Yeah people saying the game is rushed are looking at it the wrong way imo. It just sounds like they focused on different things and as such it's a very different game to the original. I'm more intrigued now than I am excited but I'm still looking forward to it.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Here's a video where I explore out-of-bounds:

It's possible to access a few extra rooms this way.

Sorry about the framerate stutter in the video, but that keeps happening on my PC with the game. If anyone has the same problem and finds a solution, please let me know. I think Win 7 + nvidia card is part of the cause.

what's with the lingerie jill?

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
My first playthough of RER2 took a little less than 6 hours (Leon Campaign), so that seems about the same length. Fortunately I'm looking forward to the Multiplayer companion.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I'm glad we got this all out now rather than be disappointed at cut content as I play. Nothing worse than expectations of something and not getting it. I think I will enjoy my play through of this far more now that I have expectations at a better level.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Yeah people saying the game is rushed are looking at it the wrong way imo. It just sounds like they focused on different things and as such it's a very different game to the original. I'm more intrigued now than I am excited but I'm still looking forward to it.

tbh I agree, now when I first heard some stuff in here my reaction was "well that sucks", but RE2 didn't have spiders, was missing some locales, and had a lackluster 2nd run, BUT is one of my all time favorite games and I don't even notice the cut content with all the fresh content added

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So they cut out a boss from a game that already had issues with boss variety outside of Nemesis? Did they at least keep and expand on the chopper fight?

Oct 26, 2017
What did people expect from lenght?

6-8 hours is what you should expect from an old RE title or even less, nothing more and nothing less.

At least Capcom made Resistance, unlike RE2 which was one and done with no MP mode.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Why did they add cobwebs in RE2 after announcing RE3 if they weren't gonna be in the game?

Also, no Grave Digger? Why?

Oct 20, 2018
Capcom learned their lesson with long games. I would be fine with this if they had the extra modes. I literally don't care for multiplayer Resident Evil. The only one I enjoyed with that was RE5

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
source.gif

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At least Capcom made Resistance, unlike RE2 which was one and done with no MP mode.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Resistance has the perfect dodge feature of the main game. As such it's really no replacement for bonus modes like Fourth/Tofu Survivor or Mercenaries.

Oct 26, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Resistance has the perfect dodge feature of the main game. As such it's really no replacement for bonus modes like Fourth/Tofu Survivor or Mercenaries.

Resistance has different mechanics afaik.

Tofu Survivor and Hunk are well, very short mode. Yes, the lack of Mercenaries is a bummer, but you have to deal with it.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really torn on Grave Digger being gone. On one hand I hate fighting it and it's by far my least favourite part of the original game, but on the other it would've been awesome to see in modern graphics and I think it would've been some nice variety. Ultimately I'll get over it though.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the Grave Digger was lame anyway. I'm not going to miss it. If other areas are much larger and they've added new areas too, there are probably new bosses as well.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really torn on Grave Digger being gone. On one hand I hate fighting it and it's by far my least favourite part of the original game, but on the other it would've been awesome to see in modern graphics and I think it would've been some nice variety. Ultimately I'll get over it though.

It's where I'm at. I could see the Grave Digger being done well in a reimagined form, but also frankly Grave Digger in the original RE3 sucked, so...

But we're at where we're at. I'll forge my feelings after I experience it.

Eh, the Grave Digger was lame anyway. I'm not going to miss it. If other areas are much larger and they've added new areas too, there are probably new bosses as well.
The bright side is both people who've written their opinions on the game have said the boss fights in RE3 Remake are stellar, better than the bosses in RE2. So it's got that going for it.

Feb 16, 2018
Eh there were similar freak outs back when RE2 was about to release, I'll reserve judgement until when I play it. RE2 was my GOTY last year and it was fantastic despite changes and cuts from the original.