• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
It's strange but someone already finished the game in 5-6 hours... He said, the game feels too easy (normal mode) and too short.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Here's a video where I explore out-of-bounds:

It's possible to access a few extra rooms this way.

Sorry about the framerate stutter in the video, but that keeps happening on my PC with the game. If anyone has the same problem and finds a solution, please let me know. I think Win 7 + nvidia card is part of the cause.

What is your CPU? I had this same exact issue with RE2 and it ended up being 4 CPU cores was just not enough to run that game. My 4690k was clocked at 4.7 and cpu usage would be fine until you walk over a loading barrier that causes the game to start loading assets. When this happened my CPU usage would spike to 100% and the game would freeze just like in your video. I ended up upgrading to a 9700k and the issue was gone.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
Actually, he said he didn't rush ! And there is a trophy, if you beat the game in less than 2 hours so...

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
To be fair, I do remember my very first playthroughs of RE2R taking roughly 6hrs. And hardcore on 2nd run has to be done in less than 2hrs. Granted, it's with different scenarios.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, he said he didn't rush ! And there is a trophy, if you beat the game in less than 2 hours so...
Probably but I remember people saying the same of Remake 2. Players first run were between 3-9 hrs.
To be fair, I do remember my very first playthroughs of RE2R taking roughly 6hrs. And hardcore on 2nd run has to be done in less than 2hrs. Granted, it's with different scenarios.

Heads-up, beating a RE game in under two hours for a reward is a consistent thing in the series. There's rewards for this in the original RE1, RE2, RE3, REmake, and also the more recent RE7, RE2 Remake.

I was also going to throw this out here, pre-release a lot of the early reports on RE2 Remake were saying similar things, I remember someone's early first playthrough screen got out of someone beating RE2 is 5 hours and there being freak outs about it.

The game will be a bit longer than a single campaign in RE2, but only by a bit. There is more optional stuff, but no second scenario. The game does have an unlockable mode which remixes enemy and item placement, and of course Resistance as well. But to see how it ends up feeling overall.

Honestly you'll probably see varying play times based on a number of factors, though I will say this now Normal being easy doesn't surprise me in the least (in my opinion most RE games are pretty easy on normal).

It honestly all sounds pretty similar to the last few entries early reports, not to take away from some concerns but being the horror enthusiast this early word does sound quite familiar.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hate how 5-6 hours is considered short now by some. That's a decent time given it's a remake of a PS1 RE game and people will no doubt beat it quicker or take longer.

chris-013

Mar 4, 2018
It seems hardcore mode doesn't have ribbon anymore, you have unlimited save and autosave. So I guess, I will start in hardcore mode when I get the game in a few days...

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Well, this recent developments hit my hype pretty hard. It's obviously just early impressions but they are talking about stuff that I was afraid of, particularly in cut content and campaign length.

I'm afraid once again RE3 might be under RE2's shadows.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
About spiders

The guy that completed the game confirms no spiders, only drain deimos.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Have they posted the trophy list for it on that French forum? Maybe that will give some decent replay value and have you try different things out.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Length I'm a bit disappointed, expected it to be a bit longer than the original (like 8 hours or so), but it's a small issue and he might've been missing a lot of optional content.
But hardcore mode having no ink ribbons, and autosaves, that sucks! Man I loved hardcore mode in re2 and that was the best way to play it that echoed as much of the original as possible, so I'm really disappointed by that. They probably made it to contribute to the different style of re3, but still IDK.
and no giant spiders...ooooooofffff
Well I guess better to be disappointed about those details now then when the full game releases ;) hype still on!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Length I'm a bit disappointed, expected it to be a bit longer than the original (like 8 hours or so), but it's a small issue and he might've been missing a lot of optional content.
But hardcore mode having no ink ribbons and autosaves, that sucks! Man I loved hardcore mode in re2 and that was the best way to play it that echoed as much of the original as possible, so I'm really disappointed by that. They probably made it to contribute to the different style of re3, but still IDK.
and no giant spiders...ooooooofffff
Well I guess better to be disappointed about those details now then when the full game releases ;) hype still on!

There is a super hardcore mode, so maybe there?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
About spiders

The guy that completed the game confirms no spiders, only drain deimos.

Welp, RE Engine cannot render creepy spiders confirmed. Length is not problem for me, but the extra mode (MP one) is something i don't care about. Waiting for reviews and impressions before i buy it. The demo didn't sold me.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
About locations, from the same guy:

No beffroi and not a real park to cross.
Only a boss on the clock tower.

Grave digger:

It's not in the game.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wasn't grave digger in one of the pics capcom released? I'm like, certain he was confirmed to be in. Maybe the guy is bullshitting.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
P
Can you ask him if there are some brand new enemies? After RE2 cut content is to be expected...

I'm reading the discussion in the french forum, I'm not an active user.
People are asking him everything:

Mon avis en avance !!! sur le forum Resident Evil 3 (Remake) - 21-03-2020 01:12:07 - page 13 - jeuxvideo.com

Bon bah je vais garder mes 60 euros au final - page 13 - Topic Mon avis en avance !!! du 21-03-2020 01:12:07 sur les forums de jeuxvideo.com

It's french but it's simple to understand the main important things.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Oh so it begins. My first RE2R playthrough took 12 hours so I have 0 reason to believe someohe who allegedly has and completed the game in 6 hours and didn't rush it on first playthrough. Even if true, me and him have very differnt playstyles on a first run.
Then there's info from him that contradicts what we heard. Unless he can prove it I don't believe anything he says.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
What is your CPU? I had this same exact issue with RE2 and it ended up being 4 CPU cores was just not enough to run that game. My 4690k was clocked at 4.7 and cpu usage would be fine until you walk over a loading barrier that causes the game to start loading assets. When this happened my CPU usage would spike to 100% and the game would freeze just like in your video. I ended up upgrading to a 9700k and the issue was gone.
I have an i7-4790k. I never had any issues like this in RE2 or DMC5, though. I'm thinking the stuttering I'm getting is some kind of bug related to framepacing. If I change the frame limiter in the game from variable to 60, then the problem becomes far, far worse.

I found one thing which helps with the problem. I have a 144gz g-sync monitor, and if I turn off g-sync and limit monitor to 60hz, then the problem is mostly gone.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure he has the game and completed it because he's posting real screenshots.
I know, but he can be bullshitting about some of the fine details. Literally contradicts some stuff capcom said...and isn't that grave digger?
unknown.png

edit: it's not hehe

Last edited:

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Boo. He says some of the levels mentioned in the files aren't there. No park. Clocktower is just a landmark that you fight Nemmy outside.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Few tidbits from the French guy sharing his opinion:

-No Spiders is confirmed.

-Interesting Tidbit: There's an in-game shop, you earn points for completing challenges in the game to buy unlockable weapons, infinite ammo for guns, and other things. One of these things is a return of the RE7 Tokens that give you special properties when you hold them in your inventory (even some for a challenge like ones that double the damage you take).

-Clock Tower is very small, composed of a few rooms and a boss battle. Hospital on the other hand is much expanded.

-Weapons the guy confirms (though says unlockable weapons in the game's challenge/point store):
-Knife
-Flash Grenades
-Normal Grenades
-Shotgun (can be improved with parts)
-Glock 19
-Glock 18 (fires bursts of 2-3 bullets)
-Grenade Launcher (can also launch planted mines)
-Lightning Hawk Magnum

d0b4bee03d6008d94c67230f0f9592d3.jpg

-Confirms Nemesis has many forms during the game, more than the original.

====

I'm actually willing to bet the Park was changed to an optional location, since there's several of those in RE3 Remake now. I'm a bit suspicious because it is mentioned, and I can see a hypothetical scenario the Park was converted into an optional joint. But, to be seen! I would've expected it to be cut actually but there is a map for it in the UI files. Maybe the Park was cut in development, but I kinda' am thinking it might be something else up here.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Second opinion. Google translated from French:

I finished the game in hardcore at 9am, personally I liked it as much as the 2. I missed the magnum, I wonder where they hid it.

Indeed there are less areas, but it is compensated by more areas and longer game phases (especially Carlos). In the end I find it very good because for me all the additions with Carlos are the great success of the game. These are the most stressful passages of the game and the most successful.

For the ink ribbons I think it is the structure of the game much more chaptered due to the many changes of character and decor that makes them do like that. In the state they would have effectively been used for nothing.

Brief in the + and -

+
Technically fabulous
The hospital, better passage of the game
The phases of play with Carlos really top
The bossfight much better than in 2, and the hunter

-
Easier in hardcore than the 2 (but the nightmare mode I started and damn that it's hot. The enemies you OS and the window for dodging is much more reduced, moreover it changes the whole vision of the game)
The cuts in the bestiary, as in 2.

I don't know if the game is better than the original, because it's really totally different. Much more than the 2 for that matter. We are much further from 1.5 than at the time I think.