• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 28, 2017
why wont capcom stop trying to turn these things in fullblown action schlock? Just when they seemed to have found their rythmn back with 2 and 7 :(

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds a bit... disappointing? I would cancel my preorder but might as well keep it and play - not much else to do unless the FF7 remake ships early.

Pretty much my thoughts. It's not like there's a lot to do at the moment.

Cutting Clock Tower entirely is a massive shame though, favourite area in the original.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus that Gamexplain review was deflating. Pretty much convinced me to wait for an eventual price drop in a few months or by year end.

Seems like an adequate remake in some areas, but what is left out or changed is really disappointing.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, watched the GameXplain review, that was brutal. Capcom already changed and cut stuff in REmake 2, it's disappointing that they've cut even more with REmake 3. You'd think with how well these sell, they would've spent the time to properly remake everything that made the originals memorable in the first place.

Oh well, hate to say it, but it's something I'll get on sale then.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who liked the original RE3 more than RE2 and was on media blackout the entire time...

... I am extremely disappointed to learn that the Clock Tower isn't in. I had my best and most memorable moments of the original game there. It's the kind of short-sighted development decision which indicates to me that they decided to mechanically follow the blueprint of RE2make for expected success instead of pouring some heart into the game from a place of genuine care, trying something new, and taking risks. I know these are strong words for someone who hasn't played the game, but how could you love the original and decide that the Clock Tower wasn't important enough to be in?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
If people needs to play games before they decide is worth their time and money....what are reviews for then?

If you find reviews done by people with tastes and experiences that might be aligned with yours, why wouldn't take them into consideration?
Nah I don't mean in that way, if people feel like they won't enjoy a game based on the reviews and don't want to spend their hard-earned money on it, of course that's fine. I mean people already deciding what their opinion is on a game before they have played it. I could fine well end up agreeing with the harshest reviews, but I won't know that for sure until I've played the game for myself.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on the music? The new soundtrack in RE2R was very muted, especially the save theme. And can you turn on the original soundtrack like you could in RE2R?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Island was great some of the best parts of the game were on the island. All in all was the village and castle better? Yes, but island was high quality and absolutely cannot be cut.
The only good thing to come out of the island was the Regenerador.
Just reimagine the game to take place in the village, no castle, no island, and change the plot line.
You'll always have the original for the castle/island.

Oct 27, 2017
why wont capcom stop trying to turn these things in fullblown action schlock? Just when they seemed to have found their rythmn back with 2 and 7 :(

It's always been schlock. That's what makes it wonderful.

The very first game had a giant snake and a zombie shark.
This doesn't seem like it's going any different than the original source it's based on, which was definitely still survival horror but more of an action bent than the previous two games.

This isn't them betraying the sacred grail of RE or some thing, the series has always bounced back-and-forth wildly between tones and had survival horror punctuated by action and specifically action set piece boss fights. There's nothing new about this.

Plus nobody can conveniently skip over resident evil 4 when they're blaming the action direction the series has taken even though that's the one that did it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the reviews are giving me flashbacks to the RE2 remake. A great looking game with some awesome updates and changes but it's not enough to make up for the content that was cut from the original.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
6khODwE.jpg

This is an archive from 2002. RE3 was very well received and was one of the best games. This game needed better remake treatment. 88 was on a later date due to many late reviews

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
How do you get the STARS outfit for Jill that I'm seeing in some reviews?

beat the game, at which point the game unlocks a "store" that unlocks cheat codes. the more achievements you reach, the more coins you get to spend on various cheats (more ammo, more health, special knife, special guns). one of those is an alternate Jill outfit to use in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine people who only looking at the scores and they saying: "DISAPPOINTED". I know not everyone is doing this, but I've already spotted some people in this thread.

LOL, people complained about cuts and stuff in the spoiler thread.
got attacked by other users and told "who cares what you think, game will review incredibly"

game doesn't review as good as expected
"lol being disappointed based on reviews!"

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only good thing to come out of the island was the Regenerador.
Just reimagine the game to take place in the village, no castle, no island, and change the plot line.
You'll always have the original for the castle/island.

The Krauser fight is the best fight of the game?

The island was great and offered a nice change of combat scenarios.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
RE4 was a premier title for Capcom. They're not gonna cut (much) from it. I'd be more worried about Code Veronica.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I was always a RE - RE2 fan and never really really liked RE3 it was just ok, I was excited to play this though, but man, that is really short. I guess if I can find a deal on steam (I think I saw Wario saying it was $48 bucks today somwhere) I will grab it.

How is Resistance? if that can give me a few hours of fun with my buddies this would be a good game for the week leading up to FF7:R

Oct 27, 2017
I was always a RE - RE2 fan and never really really liked RE3 it was just ok, I was excited to play this though, but man, that is really short. I guess if I can find a deal on steam (I think I saw Wario saying it was $48 bucks today somwhere) I will grab it.

How is Resistance? if that can give me a few hours of fun with my buddies this would be a good game for the week leading up to FF7:R

I didn't care much for the beta. It's an interesting idea but it's execution left something to be desired. Maybe in the final product it's a little more smooth out but I'm not really expecting that. It also felt like it played in favor of the master mind because of the way spawning enemies works, they could basically just summon Mr. X right behind where you're standing once they have enough points or whatever to do so. I don't mind a challenge but it was kind of a pain in the ass. Still, I'm excited to at least try to have some more fun with it but I'm not expecting it to be that great.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the length, cut content, Nemesis rework, etc... honestly does not inspire me confidence whatsoever.

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh.

Most of the issues the reviews have could have been avoided if they didn't cut locations, enemies and bosses from the original, along with the Merc mode.

It really sucks they didn't bring them all back. The game looked like an awesome remake but yet again it sits with REmake 2 as disappointing remakes.

Ah well, I am still hyped for it but I really am disappointe.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
The Krauser fight is the best fight of the game?

The island was great and offered a nice change of combat scenarios.
I didn't care much for the Krauser fight, or the character for that matter. I did enjoy the U3 fight, especially the build up, those floating cages was very tense.
Keep in mind, I find RE4 to be one of the greatest games ever made. But why not try to do something new with it? We'll always have the original.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I have a feeling that purely on its own merits as a game RE3 is good. However this is a remake, so it has the burden of improving upon the original. And certainly in some ways I'm sure it does by virtue of modern visual capabilities and gameplay. That being said, it's really disappointing to see that instead of taking the opportunity to expand upon the original content they went the opposite direction and cut really important stuff - that fundamentally is a problem to me. So while I won't say low 80's is a bad score, I do feel like this Remake is a decidedly disappointing game for what it realistically could have and probably should have been.