• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Welp the length killed this game for me will wait for the price drop RE2 dropped to $20 pretty quickly.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, another game just one year after the last one got me worried.

The good news is that the base is solid. Modders will soon give us back the nemesis we deserve, and maybe even some of the cut content. Coming bundled with another game will help this game going down in price really fast. I can wait, no problem.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
There's 7, 70 and below on MC. 10, 90 and above. 29, between 75 and 85. B is the average right now.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the original get like an 89? Thats pretty great if you ask most people.
The reason I never played it back then despite loving 1 and 2 was because of tepid reactions, almost everything I heard and read was that it wasn't anywhere near RE 1 and 2 in quality. It's the only mainline RE I haven't played so I'm excited to see for myself and this seems to be a great remake.

Luke76bg

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Inflammatory rhetoric, encouraging suicide
Shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun capcom...i can't believe it....what a disappointment...

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Even coming in with the feeling the game was inferior to RE2, I didn't expect the reviews to be this bad.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Those areas weren't particularly expansive in the first place and presumably to go with the pacing of this project.
Who cares if they weren't particularly expansive if they were some of the best areas in the game and people dislike the pacing of the remake anyway?

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Confusing why you would take an already short game and cut areas out of it from the original. Oh well. Will wait for the game to hit $20 before picking up. Still worth playing.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can it be kept intact when the new labs are totally different? I absolutely loved the lab from the original game, lots of different areas. I find the new lab too linear and soulless in comparison. And of course the missing factory...

REmake 2 second half is definetly weaker, but at least 'most' locations were there.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
The reason I never played it back then despite loving 1 and 2 was because of tepid reactions, almost everything I heard and read was that it wasn't anywhere near RE 1 and 2 in quality. It's the only mainline RE I haven't played so I'm excited to see for myself and this seems to be a great remake.
You should try the original if you have a ps3/vita/psp. While you may not like it as much as 1, and 2, it's still a fun experience.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I loved classic RE3 and hearing so much of its content is missing is a huge bummer. No ink ribbons either. I wish they would have taken another year of development time. After finishing RE2R, the first thing I thought of is how well a remake of RE3 would be in the same style. Now..this will be a game I pick up on sale later in the year :(

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
These reviews were what I expected. The original RE2 was far more beloved than RE3. Plus, this remake comes only 1.5 years after RE2 which takes away from the wow factor.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Those areas weren't particularly expansive in the first place and presumably to go with the pacing of this project.
Could you for once not act as a condescending corporate apologist?

The cut areas /were expansive/ for the original scope, they included famous and memorable story beats, and featured a more baroque set of locations to contrast with the most common industrial and laboratory areas.

Not to mention they also cut the Dead Factory, which is, besides a very significant Lore location, the entire final dungeon of the game.

By keeping the same base storyline, they are effectively a truncated version of the original, and fans are concerned. So don't come here with "it's not a big deal" because it is a big deal.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Watched a couple of reviews and it's not sounding good, ACG's review especially. 4-5 hours for £50 is insane, and I prefer short games. I only paid £35 and that still seems too much for what we're getting.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
How can it be kept intact when the new labs are totally different? I absolutely loved the lab from the original game, lots of different areas. I find the new lab too linear and soulless in comparison. And of course the missing factory...
REmake 2 second half is definetly weaker, but at least 'most' locations were there.
I think I'm one of the few that preferred the new lab. A definite high point in the game for me. Now the sewers....

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Shame they toned down the gibbing according to EasyAllies. While I'm not the biggest gore fan, I found it to be amazing on a technical level in RE2. I guess maybe the more open environments of 3 means making concessions somewhere?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun capcom...i can't believe it....what a disappointment...

giphy.gif

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
Probably won't even bother now, if I didn't even want to do a second playthrought for RE2 and given the demo, I won't get much from this.
Leaks were total fantasies.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do honestly appreciate the other perspective and context offered but

Cutting the clock tower, the best part of the original game, for "expanded sewers" sounds like parody level decisions that should have been killed off, or the game delayed to restore the cut areas.
Seriously

They are gone entirely, even on Inferno dificulty
get the fuck out of here

Kind of funny that Nemesis and Mr. X seem to
have swapped design philosophies in the remakes.
More like sad :(

I actually think the review scores are going to raise in the next few hours. Both Metacritic and OpenCritic have been kinda' frozen for the last 45 minutes, and there's a number of scores both sites count not counted yet, and a lot of 9/10s that came streaming in.
The score doesn't matter to me; it's what I am reading in the reviews that is concerning.
-boring level design
-collection of linear set pieces
-super scripted Nemesis
-no clock tower
-no park
-no ink ribbons or typewriters
-Quick time events apparently? seriously??