• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Oh god. Cancel your game then, no one cares what you do with your money or how you justify what you spend it on. I would take a 6 hour game I enjoy over a bloated experience. Quit coming in here with your babble and go do something else.

So was RE2 a bloated experience? Because that was longer AND had multiple scenarios. Why is it that anytime a game comes out that's criticized for being short people say "I'll TAKE SHORT OVER BLOATED" as if being sufficient length automatically means a game is bloated. I don't know about you, but I've played a ton of lengthy games that aren't bloated.

fireseal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of confused. I thought a lot of reviewers/folks on here weren't a fan of Mr. X chasing us around in RE2? How come reviewers/folks are now upset that it seems like Nemesis isn't as annoying in terms of his presence. Isn't that a good thing?
The point is not being persistent. Is the element of uncertainty that some expected to be expanded upon. Nemesis being able to stalk you at random on different locations of the map (not all of them). I understand that set-pieces are necessary, but when you create the concept of a stalker and relegate it to pre-programmed moments only, that might take away the fun factor for some.

What I mean is, for some, Nemesis could show up at Downtown. Or the sewers. Or the precint. It still has the set pieces, but you also add a layer of uncertainty that makes you tense as you explore a location without knowing if Nemesis will ever appear. A bit of randomization in the stalking mechanic would be nice.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
Dude no way...
Limited/No save runs were part of the fun. Why do this? What's Inferno?

Just to clarify about the subject

in fact, inferno doesn't have ink ribbons, but only due to inventory management. If you save anything above 05 times, your run simply doesn't register on the results in the game. The 'results' in the menu shows the time you have to beat for each ranking, and there is an express mention to 5 saves tops in order of any inferno run to be valid. You can save more than that to train or speedrun any specific sections, but for clearing the game, the limit still is set to 5 saves.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Games seems like a massive missed opportunity that was rushed out.

Man Re3 really could have benefitted from things getting expanded instead they cut shit

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What is wrong with me? I don't typically continue to post in a thread about a game that I am not interested in. I would guess nothing is wrong with me. The notable amount of nothing posts replying to me calling them out and attention seeking going on in here is indicative of something though. If you aren't interested in a game, that's fine. You don't have to ring the bells.
Your overreactions are really weird. There was nothing wrong with that person expressing their opinion.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. With how much I disliked Resistance, and the fact that's it's 7-8 hours. It's a good thing I still have GameFly. I can't put the 60 down when next gen is soon.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I expected this to score much lwoer than RE2 tbh. Not all remakes are welcomed the same and people get bored by the same formula redone over and over. This can't succeed all the time tbh.
Also Mr X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nemesis.

Oct 27, 2017
The point is not being persistent. Is the element of uncertainty that some expected to be expanded upon. Nemesis being able to stalk you at random on different locations of the map (not all of them). I understand that set-pieces are necessary, but when you create the concept of a stalker and relegate it to pre-programmed moments only, that might take away the fun factor for some.

What I mean is, for some, Nemesis could show up at Downtown. Or the sewers. Or the precint. It still has the set pieces, but you also add a layer of uncertainty that makes you tense as you explore a location without knowing if Nemesis will ever appear. A bit of randomization in the stalking mechanic would be nice.

Thank you for the thorough explanation, makes much more sense now. Ultimately it feels like the lack of emphasis on this mechanic is a result of the game being more action-oriented, I'm fine with it, but I can understand the disappointment.

HTonon

Mar 26, 2020
Brazil
The reviews are as expected.

A lot of a-kissing on the 90-100 margin, and a lot of saudosist hate in the 50-60 margin.

80-85 seems the fair score about the game. Thank god for metacritic.

JoJokomoko

May 31, 2019
Thailand
It really should be played with friends and not strangers. Too chaotic otherwise, hard to beat the Mastermind then. There isn't really a campaign per se. Just random levels but you do level up your characters with xp and (in-game, not for real money) loot boxes.
Alirght thanks for the info, sounds like a fun mode! Also very glad to hear that there are no real money involve with loot boxes.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018

Kind of funny that Nemesis and Mr. X seem to
have swapped design philosophies in the remakes.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I finished RE7 over the weekend again, it's up there with RE2R, and RE4. Hope they go all in on next gen.

Do late reviews have lower scores?
A ten point drop seems really big.

I can see it settling in 78.
What do you mean a 10 point drop? It just needs 1 to drop to the 70's.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hearing that Nemesis is pretty much a scripted event is what he was in the original too. He never was a real constant threat popping up at random, but Capcom made it sound like (or was it the previews?) that he will be constant threat and be almost entirely on your toe. So, hearing those impressions is a bit disappointing, but honestly what I feared or rather expected.

Hearing that the part of the demo is pretty much the big chunk of the outdoor areas is super disappointing, though. One of the cool things of the original was how much you got to see of Racoon City.

I'm sure I'm going to have tons of fun with the game, though. I don't mind the length of 5-6 hours at all.

Yeah Nemesis with this speed wouldn't work as a constant pursuer anyway. But I feel he was better done in the original, he could also die for the time being if you were skilled enough.

The outdoor area is super disappointing if true. The original had the area towards the bar, and then towards the station. and you had a choice between the news building and the restaurant if i'm not mistaken. You would end up on the train quite a bit later. And then there was the clock tower which was pretty cool.

monali

Mar 8, 2020
Going by REmake 2, you should do hard. Any other difficulty does not offer a true old school RE survival horror experience.
Agh...and here I though I made my mind at last lol
Seriously though you got a point, I'm just afraid that I might find standard difficulty too easy for first playthrough (I'm still salty over people leading me to play RE0 on easy) that's why I'm asking.

Deleted member 64503

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 13, 2020
Game length is funny cause ive seen people say their play through was short for RE2 remake and finished the story with a few pouches and missing most weapon attachments which means they never back tracked like the game is meant to be played.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am torn between wanting to have a new game to play, and my desire not to pay $50-60 for a game that is like 6 hours long. I didn't think the demo was all that great either, and Nemesis is more annoying than threatening.

Is GreenManGaming definitely the place with the best price on the PC version?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing to hear Nemesis doesn't actually chase you past the early parts. I thought that was the pitch for this one, that he would show up more often and not only during scripted sequences.

Whatever we got the "All Enemies are Nemesis" mod so yeah.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
After going through some reviews, this honestly sounds like it is largely a great game -- just not as good as RE2 -- and that the length and action-oriented gameplay were turnoffs for some.

As usual, I trust the Easy Allies review more than anything else.

Oct 27, 2017
Delicious amounts of people going straight to the ignore lists. Keep on the dog piling folks. I stand by my original post. Making purchases based on length of time is ridiculous to me. Saying Capcom could have done more is gross. Borderline lazy dev talk.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That Gamexplain review really went to town on the limited content. Apparently the only outdoors city sections are what we say in the demo, and the RPD is a truncated version of what we saw in RE2.

I'm laughing at a lot of these reviews because they hit on points that people had with the original RE3. Not that they're wrong, it's just funny how similar a lot of them are (focus on action compared to horror, Nemesis less of a constant thread and more of a set piece, short campaign, RPD not the full one)

The only thing that really bothers me is the lack of the Clock Tower, but overall the game just sounds like a pretty solid remake of Resident Evil 3.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So was RE2 a bloated experience? Because that was longer AND had multiple scenarios. Why is it that anytime a game comes out that's criticized for being short people say "I'll TAKE SHORT OVER BLOATED" as if being sufficient length automatically means a game is bloated. I don't know about you, but I've played a ton of lengthy games that aren't bloated.
RE3 was never as lengthy as RE2. Unless they invented a whole different scenario, this was always gonna be shorter by default. Hence the MP that you're willfully ignoring.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Fine with it being short after multiple playthroughs of RE2 just a couple months ago and so much other stuff coming out now.