• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Gamespot is known for randomly giving good games really low ratings (Tropical Freeze etc.), so I wouldn't put too much weight on the significance of that score yet.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Our review is live. It's good but a bit disappointing really.

https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/resident_evil_3

Resident Evil 3 had the potential to better its classic predecessor, but a disappointing amount of cut content and the let down that is Nemesis hold it back from greatness. It's still an experience very much worth revisiting, with Raccoon City and the hospital receiving a lot of love and attention, however, it only makes us question what could have been that little bit more.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
The Tyrants suffered from the change of direction with RE4, Imo.
The first three kept building the threat of Umbrella and the project Tyrant, the next step in human evolution. The T-002, Mr.X, Nemesis.. All imperfect but more and more dangerous.
It always felt like the endgame of the series was going to be the our heroes taking on main Umbrella lab, with a Perfect Tyrant as the final boss.
And then...
RE4 threw everything out of the window lol

Haha might be why I don't love 4 as much, great game but remove Leon from it and it's a complete other thing (I mean that's not why I don't love it, but on top of the things I don't like it's barely a RE game imo).

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Xbox Achievements is 85/100

Another stellar remake, Resident Evil 3 struggles slightly in the shadow of Resident Evil 2, a remake that raised the bar. As such, Capcom was always going to be facing something of an uphill battle in remaking Resident Evil 3, but all that aside, this is a fantastic game and total reimagining that feels like an entirely fresh, and wonderfully nerve-jangling survival horror experience that will stoke nostalgic memories and simultaneously defy your expectations completely.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I can see where Gamespot is coming from but a 6 seems overly hars for how competent it is in general. No Clock Tower really sucks though. I kept waiting for it to show up and then the credits rolled...
Wow, I would be mad about spoilers but thanks for telling me that they cut possibly the best part of the original. I was super looking forward to that too.

Last edited:

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Nope.

i6OWV5x.png

Fuck this is bad. Why Capcom? didn't you learn from RE7 and REmake 2? now I'm worried about RE8.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot is known for randomly giving good games really low ratings (Tropical Freeze etc.), so I wouldn't put too much weight on the significance of that score yet.
What does this even mean lol

GS is made up of many writers. A DK review from 2014 has no bearing on a review six years later.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I found the demo to have stilted aiming and controls, with annoying Nemesis chase issues do I'm not that surprised. It's decent, but not instant purchase tier.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I initially thought 85 but it seems like it will be more like 80. Hard to follow up the incredible RE2 but they tried.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
At first I was sure it was going to be better than RE2, but after playing the demo and seeing some late game footage I stopped believing that, so these reviews don't surprise me that much.

Still day 1.