• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
resident-evil-3-remake-jill-carlos-nemesis-uhdpaper.com-4K-7.610-wp.thumbnail.jpg

Metacritic- 81
OpenCritic- 81

SphereHunter - 8/10

Easy Allies - 8.5/10

Jim Sterling -

GameXplain:

IGN - 9/10
With a sublimely detailed world and breakneck survival-horror gameplay, Resident Evil 3 is just as good as its 2019 predecessor. More, please!

PushSquare - 7/10
Resident Evil 3 had the potential to better its classic predecessor, but a disappointing amount of cut content and the let down that is Nemesis hold it back from greatness. It's still an experience very much worth revisiting, with Raccoon City and the hospital receiving a lot of love and attention, however, it only makes us question what could have been that little bit more.

Game Informer - 9/10
With this remake, Capcom has greatly improved one of my least-loved entries in the series. Resident Evil 3's greater focus on action affords you fewer opportunities to stop and think, but Jill's adventure is an incredible thrill ride. From the first moment that Nemesis burst through the wall and reached out with one of his tendrils, I felt my heart begin to race. I don't think it slowed down again until the credits rolled.

Press Start - 8.5/10
Resident Evil 3 take some more creative liberties with its source material but still comes out on top. The remake offers a more refined take on the original game to become something much more memorable. While some spirit has been lost in translation, Resident Evil 3 is superbly paced and one of the better modern Resident Evil games, and a chapter that any horror fan shouldn't miss.

Eurogamer
At times brilliant, but not a patch on its predecessor.

Polygon
Like last year's game, Resident Evil 3 is a great example of what a video game remake should be. It's just that the source material is a little less impressive this time around — and so is the end result.

Kotaku
Resident Evil 3 solidifies a new model for the remakes. For good and ill, it takes last year's Resident Evil 2 remake and hones it into something meaner and more intense. Embracing that chaos leads to an intense and confidently executed Resident Evil experience.

GameSpot (Review in Progress) - 6/10
While it has a strong start and gives its principal villain some great moments, this truncated retelling of the concluding game from the original Resident Evil trilogy doesn't do it proper justice.

PCGamer - 58/100
Both the Nemesis and Raccoon City are massively underused in this disappointing step back for the series.

TechRadar - 4.5/5
If you were a fan of the original then you won't be disappointed; but that's not to say that Resident Evil 3 is just for those who have dabbled in the franchise before. Whether you've played no Resident Evil games, one, or a whole bunch, Resident Evil 3 is easy to jump into – and not to be missed.

Digital Fix - 10/10
Resident Evil 3 is a worthy successor to the Resident Evil 2 remake in every respect. A perfect reimagining and one of the best entries in the Resident Evil franchise.

Rely on Horror - 6.5/10
On the surface, Resident Evil 3 does everything it can to provide a memorable and exciting adventure themed after the original classic. I imagine fans and newcomers will delight in the gameplay and presentation, especially the relationship building between Carlos and Jill. Still, anyone looking for anything more specific than a few bullet points from the original game retold here will be left disappointed. I do not, by any means, hate Resident Evil 3, but by the time the credits rolled, I felt none of the lasting joy that I had for RE2 last year. Instead, just an apathetic outlook that it may be time for Capcom to stop chasing the past and look ahead to the future.

Playstation Trophies/Xbox Achievements - 85/100
Short it may be, but Resident Evil 3 is also delightfully sweet. Or as sweet as a survival horror game possibly can be, anyway. Pared back, streamlined and completely brilliant, you'll have a blast outrunning Nemesis all over again.

TSA - 9/10
Capcom have done a marvellous job with Resident Evil 3, reviving another of their beloved survival horror classics and making it feel completely fresh once again. Nemesis is back and he's here to smash your face in.

PSU - 8/10
Resident Evil 3 is another stunning-looking revamp from Capcom that effortlessly manages to switch between tension-packed moments of genuine horror and bombastic action set pieces. It's just a shame that some questionable changes were made from the original and there isn't more bang for your buck in terms of post-completion content.

Stevivor - 8/10
That's not even taking into account the original. In the end, Resident Evil 3is own nemesis, a remake that's enjoyable but seems a little shallow when compared to the innovations the RE3 that came before it brought to the table. Ultimately, the beauty here is that one doesn't replace the other; they're both available to savvy gamers and should be enjoyed in equal measure.

GamerZone - 75/100
While enjoyable and filled with plenty to enjoy, Resident Evil 3 unfortunately feels like an uneven mishmash of horror and action. It wants to do two things at once and while it does them in a passable way, it doesn't always feel like it reaches its full potential especially when following in the footsteps of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

GamesReactor - 9/10
Resident Evil 3 is just a fabulous sequel to one of 2019's best games, and we love it.

digit.in - 9/10
But what is here, along with the subtle changes, is enough to keep you hooked throughout the journey.

GamingBolt - 7/10
Resident Evil 3 constantly hints at greatness, but never quite reaches the heights of the PS1 original. It's a solid enough game, but not nearly as impressive as other recent Resident Evil titles, and not nearly as good as it could and should have been.

ComicBook - 5/5
Resident Evil 3 itself should delight anyone who's playing it for the first time or those who already know its story inside and out. It's easier than ever to become immersed in Raccoon City and Resident Evil mechanics have never felt as fluid as they do in this game. Resident Evil 3 proves that Resident Evil 2 wasn't just a one-off success of a remake and shows that Capcom has a winning formula on its hands.

VG247 - 3/5
It's still worth playing, but Resident Evil 3 Remake is a step backwards for Capcom, coming off the back of one of the best games of last year. It's gorgeous to look at, the jump scares will get you, and it's like stepping into a comfy pair of slippers. But even though your feet are cosy, it never feels like home.

Dailystar - 5/5
If you're stuck inside and looking for somewhere to escape, you'll find Raccoon City more than accommodating.

VideoGamer - 8/10
Resident Evil 3 is a play for our imagination as much as our memory. It understands that the fear we felt long ago didn't fade; it took root in our brains and mutated into myth. And this is what it might look like.

Heavy - 7/10
Resident Evil 3 captures what makes this franchise so fantastic; it's just a shame there's not enough of it.

Hardcore Game - 4.5/5
On its own, the remake of Resident Evil 3 is another hallmark achievement for Capcom. It may not satisfy purists of the original, but there's no reason that fans of what the RE2 remake accomplished won't enjoy this. It is hard to compare the two, but RE3 does introduce more action elements much like the original version did and it packages the game up nice for a 6-10 hour campaign.

Twinfinite - 3.5/5
In lieu of that, Resident Evil 3 Remake ends up frustrating. It's so damn good, but it's disappointingly brief. The game looks stunning and it plays fantastically well, but I've beaten it twice and I don't feel as though my hunger for Resident Evil has been satiated. Certainly, I'd have an even more bitter taste in my mouth had I paid $60, which ultimately makes it hard to recommend at full price to those outside the Resident Evil hardcore.

WccfTech - 8.5/10
Resident Evil 3 is the franchise's best action-driven entry since the glory days of Resident Evil 4. A beautifully-balanced combination of white-knuckle mayhem and satisfying old-school tension, Resident Evil 3 is compulsively-munchable popcorn entertainment that, unfortunately, disappears all too quickly. If you're looking for value, there are certainly meatier games out there, but few that will leave you licking your fingers as happily as this one.

GameKult - 8/10

ArcTechnia
If you want a memorable action video game, RE3 Remake will deliver—albeit briefly. If you want that action coupled with cheesy, relatable humanity, on the other hand, RE2 Remake is a better bet, if not a dive into your favorite binge-worthy zombie TV series.

The Verge
Resident Evil 3 is an entertaining, well-made game that brings one of the series's less-heralded entries right up to date. But almost everything it does right was part of Resident Evil 2 as well, and many of that game's qualities are no longer present. Overall, the package is a lot less appealing. It feels more like an expansion to 2 than an entirely new game. That doesn't mean it isn't worth playing, but it does mean you should know what you're getting into before pulling the trigger.

JeuxVideo - 15/20

God is Geek - 9/10
Resident Evil 3 is a superb remake of the original, with Nemesis being the clear highlight. Although inventory management and aiming can be a problem, it's still a fantastic game.

Metro - 7/10
The source material already had its problems, but this disappointing remake manages to make Resident Evil 3 seem even less inspired than it did originally.

ladbible - 8/10

Sagagamer - 8/10
Resident Evil 3 remains a fantastically well-made game with a ton of great action. While it does fall a bit short compared to what RE2 offered, it still does give enough content to keep you entertained, even if for only seven hours. It does encourage multiple playthroughs, and while hardcore fans will relish the opportunity, the are others who will be disappointed that it is over so soon.

Noisy Pixels - 9/10
Resident Evil 3 is a heart-pounding nightmare that blends survival horror and action elements perfectly with the help of its two protagonists. There's so much to explore and discover during every moment of this thriller that it's easy to forget about the horrors that await just around the corner. However, the limited puzzles and short length make it tough to justify the full price. But, like a zombie hungry for brains, I can't seem to get enough of this game.

USGamer - 3.5/5
With a breezy runtime, Resident Evil 3 is well worth revisiting. Just maybe not Resident Evil Resistance.

Digital Chump - 7.5
Instead of modernizing 1999's Resident Evil 3, Capcom has remodeled 2019's remake of Resident Evil 2. Dazzling production and clever level design are still effective fuel for the survival horror engine, but this reliance on familiar techniques dissolves any expectation of novelty and ambition. In Resident Evil 3, Jill is less the subject of a despairing escape and more the product of a regulated, orderly departure.

Mako Reactor - 10/10
All in all, Resident Evil 3 Remake is an incredible reimagining of the 1999 original. The stellar pacing, memorable characters, and monster aplenty combine with sublime gameplay make this well worth playing and makes us optimistic of what to expect from Capcom's next reimagining from the series.

GameCrate - 7.75/10
I was hoping to see a larger, more open world in the RE3 remake as an evolution on this old mechanic, but it's nowhere to be found.

Gameblog - 7/10
That being said, the adventure remains entertaining, cleverly complements the one proposed in Resident Evil 2 and it is always pleasant to walk the streets of Raccoon City. Resident Evil Resistance offers an interesting and original concept which is not helped by its microtransaction system and balance concerns in favor of the Mastermind.

CriticalHit - 8.5/10
Resident Evil 3 Remake continues to the raise the bar of what it means to be a remake. It can feel rushed in places, but the sheer terror of Nemesis and the return to form of Jill Valentine makes it an experience you don't want to miss. Just be sure to bring extra clean underwear along for the ride.

CogConnected - 9.4/10
If Capcom continues to push these remakes out with the care and quality of Resident Evil 2 and 3, then I can't wait to see what we get in the future. While the game still stubbornly hangs on to a few of the original's mechanical shortcomings, the vast majority of the package is a breathtaking recreation of material we fell in love with two decades ago. And I use the word 'recreation' lightly because, for all intents and purposes, this is an entirely new game doing its own thing, ready to terrify old and new players alike with its bag of tricks.

PSXBR - 9/10
Resident Evil 3 is another excellent Capcom title. Despite being a little short, it is challenging and encourages the player to finish it more than once. The story remains interesting and the gameplay is basically the same as in Resident Evil 2 Remake with some improvements (which is not a bad thing). The graphics and the sound effects are incredible. To make up for the short single-player campaign, Capcom presents us with the RE Resistance multiplayer, which has an interesting proposal and is a great addition to the package, but its long learning curve can keep some players away.

Tech Adviser - 4/5
I thoroughly enjoyed escaping from Raccoon City again, and I loved the expanded story. Resident Evil 3 remake is a great game that is held back from being truly excellent by a few factors. However, series fans will love seeing Jill and Carlos in a new light, and it's practically a must-play for anyone who loved RE2 remake.

HobyConsolas - 92/100
A remake that manages to surpass the original from 1999, both in the technical and playable sections, with a more solid narrative, fast-paced moments and faithful to the universe of this "survival horror". The multiplayer Resistance doesn't measure up to the campaign, but it's a nice addition.

GamesReactor Spain - 8/10
The strange brother, the different one, the least popular. But no second, since it is very clear how it is and what it offers, and as such it has returned. Much more attractive and more benefited by the new control and the camera. A short but very intense horror action game, one of those that ask you to snort long and deep as soon as it's finished.

Rectify Gaming - 8.8/10
Resident Evil 3 Remake is a great game. Without nostalgia to anchor me, it does a fantastic job of standing on it's own feet for the modern era. It's a superb entry in a legendary series, and I just hope the remake train continues.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
residentevil3remake_1.png

Metacritic - ??
OpenCritic- ??

The Review Embargo for RE3 lifts at 8 AM PST / 11 AM EST / 3 PM GMT today, or 2 hours after this thread goes up.

Reviews for the game lift in about two hours from now, so thought we should get predictions rolling. Gonna' touch up this thread right now to get the poll times to align correctly.
Ah sweet, thanks DuskGolem.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
92 let's go.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they'll dock points for the resistance mode. It just wasn't very fun, out of the very little I actually managed to play when the servers weren't down. The main campaign demo was fine though, the same quality of RE2R.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Going with 89, but i won't be surprised if it ends up scoring mid-low 80's.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Went for 83-87. I think, like the original, this isn't going to score as well as RE2. It isn't quite the classic that RE2 is.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
85 - 'A gorgeous looking survival horror romp with a few caveats, one being that it isn't as faithful or as realised a reimagining that RE2 turned out to be. Solid experience'

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to be wrong, but from what I played of the demo (I haven't played the original RE3), the differences between this and RE2 are gonna result in some differences in scores. I'm gonna guess 86-87 for this

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this will be the a case of Majora's Mask 3DS again, changing stuff too much from the original. So it'll be slightly lower than RE2.

Last edited:

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Just finished putting together our video review in time for the embargo, I'm very curious to see what others think about this.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
RE2 scored super well, I'm expecting less for RE3. 89 is my guess.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
84 meta. Predicting that reviewers will take the entire package as a whole and not be terribly into Resistance. I also don't personally feel like many are going to get well attuned to the dodge mechanic and complain that it doesn't feel correctly tuned. Outside of that, probably praised for following the successful template established by RE2 Remake and generally having an okay flow to the single player.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people will score it highly but say it's not a true remake of the old game with lots of cut content and more a re-imagining.

I imagine lots of fans of the old game will not like it and moan a lot that it's not the game they wanted.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
84 meta. Predicting that reviewers will take the entire package as a whole and not be terribly into Resistance. I also don't personally feel like many are going to get well attuned to the dodge mechanic and complain that it doesn't feel correctly tuned. Outside of that, probably praised for following the successful template established by RE2 Remake and generally having an okay flow to the single player.

I didn't even bring up Resistance, hell Resistance has its own separate launcher from the main game.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking it'll be right around 85. More of the same, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I don't think it'll score as high because of it.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know tbh. Previews were quite positive, but i did not loved the demo and all news about missing content killed my hype. Project Resistance is a train wreck and the beta is still not available on PS4...
let's say 84.