• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Source: Rely on Horror

Mainly wanted to post this for the Nemesis playing Switch image. But there's some interesting points to make on this.

• Could mean a port is or was planned/cancelled
  • RE3 Cloud Edition
  • It could actually be left over data from shared engine assets for a future title for switch that will use RE Engine. As all projects made under the engine share tools/data to help future development.

Last edited:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably just RE Engine stuff which future Switch titles will likely be using, not necessarily a port of RE3 itself.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they're considering and even experimenting with as many platforms as they can. Doesn't mean it'll happen. Doesn't mean it won't happen either.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have an exclusive screenshot of the Switch version right here

Screenshot_2020-03-24_at_11.22.58.png

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt this means much, but RE Engine games will sooner or later come to a version of Switch.

If Switch Pro is happening next year I think Capcom is gonna expand their Switch back catalog with these games.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
There was tons of RE7 and RE2make data also left in it so I wouldn't get my hopes up aside for general REngine multiplatform planning.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A RE spinoff with pre-rendered backgrounds and classic gameplay, using high quality models with RE Engine.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
to run on the Switch..? maybe they are making a Resident Evil 3 DEMAKE...

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, any port for Switch is possible if Nintendo's willing to pay for it (someone like Capcom would never). But would it be worth the cost?
we saw Switch mentions in RDR2 files as well and we had nothing.

It's only been 3 months, it's still early to say for certain. Port of The Witcher 3 took more than one year, something like RDR2 should take more.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
LOL imagine beliving Capcom putting any effort into a Switch port of any title.

It's gonna be either nothing or a Japan-only cloud version of RE3R.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I like how people despite seeing loads of impossible ports still stamp their feet and fly the "impossible port" flag high and scream "Not happening"

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm just not counting on a port because it's Capcom, not because any technical hurdle, to be complete honest.

Also, if that was for a cloud version, they wouldn't exactly need to mention the system anywhere (at least I don't think?), since they wouldn't natively port the game anyway, it would be running through streaming.