• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Seeing RE4 PS2 there and I can't help but remember how weird it was that Capcom gave Mikami the greenlight to move the series away from the PS when it was at a point where it was doing well over a million in Japan alone. And their early new IP's on the PS2 (Onimusha and DMC) were doing huge numbers as well.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that can ruin this trailer is if I see Jill shooting a zombie in the head and +10 XP appears.

That and Steve Burnside.

Oct 28, 2017
Y5Cdpht.gif

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty sure it's going to be very very reminiscent of RE2 with probably the exact same UI.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing RE4 PS2 there and I can't help but remember how weird it was that Capcom gave Mikami the greenlight to move the series away from the PS when it was at a point where it was doing well over a million in Japan alone. And their early new IP's on the PS2 (Onimusha and DMC) were doing huge numbers as well.
It was pretty impressive how Mikami was able to make God Hand without a head tho.

Yes, I know that head thing was likely a mistranslation.

All this teasing !!!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not expecting gameplay from the reveal but I really want gameplay. At least Jump Festa is this month too.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
He was real salty back then, so it's entirely possible that it was real. Remember how pissed he was about Kingdom Hearts selling more than REmake?

Yeah, shit was real weird back then. There's also the whole debacle with the Microsoft meeting with Mikami which could have led to RE4 being an Xbox exclusive if it didn't go south:

It was weird times.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I would be with you if it weren't for his amazing portrayal in RE5. DC Douglas hammed it up the fuck and back in that game, and both he and the localization team knew exactly what kind of dumb they were dealing with. RE5 Wesker is absolutely amazing and is probably my favorite video game performance of all time. It's just so fucking ludicrous. I savor every word that comes out of Wesker's mouth in that game; he is infinitely quotable.
So much this.

RE5 Wesker is the best video game villain of all time

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with Mikami and PS2? and why did it have to be an exclusive to any platform?

He was salty because Kingdom Hearts sold more than REmake and also had some .. thoughts .. about the PS2.

Next, Mikami said that Kingdom Hearts' strong sales are due to "aura purchase," meaning that customers are buying the game because their friends have bought it or like it, regardless of whether they like the game themselves. He said that Kingdom Hearts does not deserve its 780,000 sales or 6800 yen price tag.

Finally, he apologized to Square, saying he is upset that Kingdom Hearts has sold more copies than Biohazard for the Gamecube. He said that Biohazard is the better game, but Kingdom Hearts is not a bad game either.

Mikami accused Sony of purposely designing their consoles to break easily so that gamers will have to buy a replacement. He also said that Sony's high sales figures are helped by the fact that many gamers, himself included, have had to buy a second PlayStation and PlayStation 2.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

That Capcom/Nintendo deal was wild.
PS2 was absolutely dominating, but Capcom makes a deal for FIVE exclusive* games for the Cube (which was struggling).

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Since we don't see Mr. X drop down via chopper in RE2make, I'm assuming he was there for a while.

Also (RE2 spoilers)

Birkin took one out, I'm also going to assume there might be more than 1.

Wouldn't it be nice if there's a Nemesis vs Mr. X scene in the RPD segments (if there are any) of RE3make.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Since we don't see Mr. X drop down via chopper in RE2make, I'm assuming he was there for a while.

Also (RE2 spoilers)

Wouldn't it be nice if there's a Nemesis vs Mr. X scene in the RPD segments (if there are any) of RE3make.

Capcom apparently said for RE2 that there's only 1 (Though it makes the plot even more messed up if you really try to think about it).
However, there were other Mr. X's deployed in the city for sure.

I personally still want to see Mr. X vs Nemesis.
Would be a great way to establish the new threat for those who only played RE2 for the first time with the remake.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I wonder if they'll make Nemesis bigger than Mr. X. I remember Nemmy's in-game model being pretty close to Jill's height in RE3 lol.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
He was surprised/pissed that a Square game with Disney characters sold more than an RE remake?

Really?

Didn't realize his grudge was that petty.

The thing to remember is that RE was massive in Japan back then. At the time every mainline version of the series had sold over a million units there. And even RE Director's Cut sold 368k. So you can bet it was a shock to him when a full blown remake of that game only managed to sell 267k.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Also (RE2 spoilers)

Mr.X vs Nemesis would be like the t-rex vs spinosaurus in jp3.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Also (RE2 spoilers)

There is only one mr x in the station. Several were dropped in RC few of them died fighting us military. You can see ones body in RE3. Jill will certainly visit RPD. And huge hole in the shower room prolly have to do with nemesis. Man just did another hardcore S+ run this week, even after all the runs it can still get so intense i can only imagine with nemesis thrown in the mix. Man....

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The thing to remember is that RE was massive in Japan back then. At the time every mainline version of the series had sold over a million units there. And even RE Director's Cut sold 368k. So you can bet it was a shock to him when a full blown remake of that game only managed to sell 267k.

Remake came out at the time when series popularity already dropped. Plus releasing a remake game on less popular machine with different audience clearly didn't help. Mikami is a good game maker but not business man.

Code Veronica that came out a bit before only manage 400k in Japan with very similar reason.

He clearly thought that piggy back on Disney character and make it half way video-game is not a good enough for him. But he didn't realise that KH also sold a lot more than many other AAA franchises as well. That's the power of brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.