• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know. Subway feels so done before. Gonna feel like more sewers. Tram is nice.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
The theme may or may not have been leaked.
Carlos model

zohan-nlds0iuo8a7i0vlcfdskxvwvog04n2pnlvh4mal1mw.jpg

Can't unsee. 😰

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I really hope Spiders make a return to threemake. They were sorely missed in RE2. But then I am worried about what enemies will inevitably get cut.

BUT then I get excited because they made the whole Ivy Lab so special in the remake.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
Imagine at TGA, a trailer starts and it's another 1 minute CGI trailer for Project Resistance and they don't mention RE3 at all.
🙃

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Wonder what the Z version is. Also the Japanese title having RE in it - Are they trying to unify the branding?
Z Version is the CERO Z version of the game in Japan. Not totally uncensored like international releases, but still less censored than the normal version.

"RE:" in the title is a common Japanese denotion of a remake.

It just so happens to work absolutely perfectly with the naming conventions of the series and makes it a fairly genius homage to the Western branding.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Which version? The Beta variant were pretty disgusting in a good way.

Speaking of lickers, I know it's a turnoff to some, but would you like them to be included in the remake?

I'd like Capcom to include one or two just to make up for the REmake 2 no-show.

Both, although if I was to pick one I'd pick the Beta (the non frog one). And Lickers could be in or not... between Lickers and a monster from RE3 I'd pick the latter, but if they think adding the RE2 monsters as well would make the game better then I'm all for it.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I never thought Raccoon City to be such a huge town to have a subway system. I mean they nuked the city and covered it up. It's not New York.

Also there is not going to be a demo now if this game releases next Fall.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which version? The Beta variant were pretty disgusting in a good way.

Speaking of lickers, I know it's a turnoff to some, but would you like them to be included in the remake?

I'd like Capcom to include one or two just to make up for the REmake 2 no-show.

Poor thing. 😋
Unless they're like the lurkers.😦
I wouldn't mind a Licker variant that still crawled on walls and the floor but then surprised the hell out of you when it just got up on two legs and walked bi-pedal.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought Raccoon City to be such a huge town to have a subway system. I mean they nuked the city and covered it up. It's not New York.

In the original that's the case but from what we saw of it in RE2 remake Raccoon City is huge, so a subway system makes sense.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
It makes all the sense in the world to have Lickers, Super Lickers and Crimson Heads roaming around the city streets. I just want to see the Man Spider from 1.5 and more bosses besides Nemmy and the worm.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
So now we've had discussion of Sadler's scorpion dong ravaging Luis and a mention of vore within the past few pages.

At the rate we're going we're not gonna make it to the trailer.

Sadler's mutant Wang was an important discussion, and I stick by it. I know that's hard to swallow, but it's the truth.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To clarify, I remember that Drain Deimos exist and look slightly different, but I don't remember them getting up and walking.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
With the exception of the horrendously craptacular ORC models, I think they actually do a reasonably good job at staying consistent, especially in the case of Chris. Every image shown of his is based on the same face: his REmake model. It's only RE7 that messed that up.

Outside of the ORC models, the worst I see on this chart is Revelations Jill (obviously), plus the CG movie ones for Leon and Ada. Then there's RE6 Ada, which is not at all a bad model, nor an unattractive look for the character, but just a major change from how she previously looked. She looks younger than she did in RE4, which always felt weird.
Yep, Chris is the only one who stays very similar in each game.
ORC and Revelations are the worst...

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

In the original that's the case but from what we saw of it in RE2 remake Raccoon City is huge, so a subway system makes sense.
Well, they're big enough to have a major sports team (Raccoon Sharks).

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Like what they did to Silent Hill.
It was initially designed as a modest resort town. Then we get a subway in 3 and 4 (although the one in 4 is in South Ashfield, but my understanding is that South Ashfield is a smaller town compared to Silent Hill...?).

In my head I prefer Raccoon City as a medium sized midwest city nestled at the base of a mountain range. The type of place that has a few high school football teams, maybe a Division III or even II college team, one big movie theater everyone goes to because the old one from the 1940s in the town square has run down, etc. Seems like as the series has progressed in the past 20 years the city gets progressively larger in each portrayal. Not crazy about having a subway system there, but whatever.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like what they did to Silent Hill.
It was initially designed as a modest resort town. Then we get a subway in 3 and 4 (although the one in 4 is in South Ashfield, but my understanding is that South Ashfield is a smaller city compared to Silent Hill...?).

In my head I prefer Raccoon City as a medium sized midwest city nestled at the base of a mountain range. The type of place that has a few high school football teams, maybe a Division III or even II college team, one big movie theater everyone goes to because the old one from the 1940s in the town square has run down, etc. Seems like as the series has progressed in the past 20 years the city gets progressively larger in each portrayal. Not crazy about having a subway system there, but whatever.
Well from what I've seen of the city in RE2, it looks much bigger than initially envisioned in the older games.

Maybe they'll explain it away as a secret subway system?

WE BRINGING RESIDENT EVIL 1 MOVIE INTO CANON OR WHAT?! lol

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Well from what I've seen of the city in RE2, it looks much bigger than initially envisioned in the older games.

Maybe they'll explain it away as a secret subway system?

WE BRINGING RESIDENT EVIL 1 MOVIE INTO CANON OR WHAT?! lol

lol didn't one of the games (RE6?) already use stuff from the movie, like the laser room, Red Queen, etc.
It's all foggy to me.
What I like so much about RE1-3 is that it's basically just bio-warfare shit going down in a normal little town (and in RE1's case, an isolated mansion up in the mountains). It's cool that you have this global bioweapon manufacturer posing as a pharmaceutical company that the general public knows and utilizes regularly- and things just go wrong. But man, things just start kinda getting out of had with the following games in the series. In a way it gives RE it's own B-movie charm, but still funny to think about all the eccentric, puzzle-designed mansions and shit this company builds all over the place- not to mention research installations that utilize tech that could be from 30 years into the future. :D

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol didn't one of the games (RE6?) already use stuff from the movie, like the laser room, Red Queen, etc.
It's all foggy to me.
What I like so much about RE1-3 is that it's basically just bio-warfare shit going down in a normal little town (and in RE1's case, an isolated mansion up in the mountains). It's cool that you have this global bioweapon manufacturer posing as a pharmaceutical company that the general public knows and utilizes regularly- and things just go wrong. But man, things just start kinda getting out of had with the following games in the series. In a way it gives RE it's own B-movie charm, but still funny to think about all the eccentric, puzzle-designed mansions and shit this company builds all over the place- not to mention research installations that utilize tech that could be from 30 years into the future. :D
Oh yeah it was RE4 with the laser room. lol

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's all foggy to me.

RE4 used the laser hallway.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
if stuff is going up on PSN already then this is probably coming sooner than i initially expected

The thumbnails will come from the digital pre-order. When it's revealed it'll probably go up for pre-order immediately.
It won't be coming out before April next year at the very least. But I am theorizing September.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Raccoon City was originally a town. The movies kind of influenced the games though and it now being depicted as a huge metropolis.

I think the Outbreak games were the first offenders, putting in high-rise motorways, subways and a Zoo. The zoo alone could never be supported in a small town.

In RE3 ending we saw the city, it wasn't huge and most buildings not more than 3-4 floors tall.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a similar six/seven month gap between reveal and release like RE7 and RE2r had, so I think it'll be out around June/July. Could be wrong though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's all foggy to me.
The laser hallway was used in RE4. The Red Queen was sort of reused / reinterpreted in Umbrella Chronicles and Revelations 2.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that the nose is fucking stupid, and even questionable to the story behind Nemesis (I thought he was a monster created in a tube?) but I do think he's still fucked up looking enough that it's gonna be intimidating when he shows up.

But knowing how Capcom sometimes don't like what we like about their own franchises, and certain changes made in RE2 Remake, I could easily see them decide that he's no longer after "S.T.A.R.S."

I sometimes get the impression that there is a rookie-like mentality inside Capcom from its newer talent who would be like "Why does it say STARS? I never thought STARS was cool. Let's change it!" and I'm already expecting detrimental changes like in 2 Remake. The loss of A and B actually hurt RE2's replay value, and you gotta cut somewhere, but even creative changes were kinda annoying, like Mr. X's goal changing from looking for a pendant (which is a real revelation in the plot) to now, "killing any witnesses" which is stupid because he's inside a town full of zombies where everyone's essentially dying.
wait Mr.X was supposed to be looking for a pendant?

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Sounds familiar .96% sure it's fan made
If this hasn't been faked it's very likely real. There's no way now to verify this now since Sony took down those RE3 files. Though it's possible to source the background music, stored as Atrac9 files from Sony's servers. I just tested that with Deep Down and even there I could play the background soundtrack for that game, since the game is still stored on Sony servers, along with its background and icon pictures.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where I really wanna see some expansion is the park, connect it with a zoo 👀

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where I really wanna see some expansion is the park, connect it with a zoo 👀
I want a scene with a working elevator. As soon as the doors open, you see Nemesis bodying someone and he turns and spots you. Then in a panic you try to push the button to send the elevator back up. As soon as you arrive to the nth floor, you run out but Nemesis took the stairs.

Shook.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Yeah what the hell? He was looking for a pendant in the original game? Lmao Either my memory is very foggy or that was terribly conveyed.

Edit: Someone clarified above. Oh yeah now that jogs my memory further. I do remember that being important to her. I TOTALLY FORGOT

It's one of the key things that sets Nemesis apart when compared to Mr. X. It's very clear from the start that he isn't just any monster. He isn't killing people because that's what he does. It's personal. He is after YOU.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the key things that sets Nemesis apart when compared to Mr. X. It's very clear from the start that he isn't just any monster. He isn't killing people because that's what he does. It's personal. He is after YOU.
Yeah I had forgotten about the pendant until I was reminded. A lot of subtlety lost in RE2R, even though I think it's an excellent game. This is why I don't think the original can be replaced. Both games satisfy different expectations, especially when it comes to gameplay and the existence of certain locations.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I want to see some Alpha 3 and Darkstalkers posters in a back alley. I need more loving details than the RE2 streets.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There's something about Nemesis's redesign that has stuck out to me that I don't think many of commented on: He's clearly been redesigned to look more like a Tyrant instead looking like a one-off, sewn together freak. It makes the redesign make more sense in my mind.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
With the new design, Nemesis also looks less like a heavily modified human and more like some "thing" where a human face is just barely stapled atop and is already ripping at the seams.

Status
Not open for further replies.