• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2018
Thanks for the tidbits of news Dusk Golem !

Still, I hold some concerns about this one being headed up by another team. RE2 Remake was just so polished that I hope this team holds RE3 up to the same high standard.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
That Marvel vs Capcom Nemesis looks too much like a wrestler or something. The new design makes him more uncanny and creepy.

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
Apparently, a screenshot
EK3qDQlXkAEPVgR
Source

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
When I replayed it on Hardcore difficulty I knew all the map layouts and where all the items where so it was almost like a speedrun
Developing that mental layout of the RPD is super satisfying, but it would be nice to have unpredictable elements like the ones suggested here.

I'm reminded a bit of how MGSV guards would wear certain equipment depending on playstyle (NVG if you play at night, helmets if you headshot). I wonder if they adapt the Nemesis to target player habits like this.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said this in another thread a week or so ago, but for anyone worried the game is rushed, it's been in development for around 2 and a half years now. It's not by the same team that made REmake 2, and the development's been going smoothly ( a LOT more smoothly than Remake 2's development went).
When there are separate teams making games like this. is there a person or two that jumps in between teams to help coordinate the effort? Like a lead designer or director of some sort? Or are the two teams actually completely independent?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Diggin what Dusk said about the game... only 10 days to know more (hopefully)
For the record, I haven't seen the game in motion or anything myself yet, so I hope it ends up as cool as it sounds. I also am keeping in mind that things change in development, but I've heard REmake 3's dev has gone surprisingly smoothly.

The thing about Outbreakers I think everyone missed, there was an Outbreakers rumor that pre-dated Resistance's reveal by a few months, but it was dead-on with what Resistance was about, except they mentioned they played on a huge Raccoon City map, not quite open world but it was huge.

The thing is they mentioned the map had a big subway tunnel system, and one thing I had heard ages ago was the Tram from REmake 3 was replaced with a subway train, and they had made an extensive underground network of tunnels under Raccoon City to allow different paths of exploration in REmake 3. So to hear the Outbreakers rumor mention this Subway tunnel system made me pretty certain both that rumor was true, and REmake 3 hadn't changed directions.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cover looks awesome!

I am not fully sold on Nemesis yet as the original was perfection. Jill and Carlos look awesome though.

Can't wait for this!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Fuuck dude that's exciting but seeing the announcement wouldve been nice, kinda spoiled for real now even though we all knew it was coming.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.
Sounds good.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
When there are separate teams making games like this. is there a person or two that jumps in between teams to help coordinate the effort? Like a lead designer or director of some sort? Or are the two teams actually completely independent?
People finish one project then go onto another, the Resident Evil series has a sorta' overseer who checks on all the different teams. When RE7 wrapped up development, some people went to work on RE2 (which had a smaller team already working on it), some went to work on RE8, some went to work on RE7 DLC, some on RE3. With RE2 wrapping up, same thing happened. Basically works like that.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I really want to know this. I can deal with Carlos having a capaign, as much as I would hate it. I cannot deal with this game being co-op.
The two of them being together at all times would be a big departure from the original. Not only that, but from my experience with the series, I've found that the franchise is at its best when the protagonist is isolated from other characters/survivors.

I'm fine with Carlos getting a campaign, as long as it means more playing time. 😋

And keep the mercenaries mode with all the unlockables, and add a randomizer.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Are people judging a woman by her looks on this forum again? "She looks boring, plain etc" Yikes!

Now Nemesis' on the other hand can get fucked.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks great. Jill's redesign makes her look much more practical and yeah, she does kinda look like Natalie Portman.

Carlos looks badass, way less like a Ken Doll.

And Nemesis looks straight out of a Junji Ito comic.

Diodejenero

Jan 18, 2018
United States
For the record, I haven't seen the game in motion or anything myself yet, so I hope it ends up as cool as it sounds. I also am keeping in mind that things change in development, but I've heard REmake 3's dev has gone surprisingly smoothly.

The thing about Outbreakers I think everyone missed, there was an Outbreakers rumor that pre-dated Resistance's reveal by a few months, but it was dead-on with what Resistance was about, except they mentioned they played on a huge Raccoon City map, not quite open world but it was huge.

The thing is they mentioned the map had a big subway tunnel system, and one thing I had heard ages ago was the Tram from REmake 3 was replaced with a subway train, and they had made an extensive underground network of tunnels under Raccoon City to allow different paths of exploration in REmake 3. So to hear the Outbreakers rumor mention this Subway tunnel system made me pretty certain both that rumor was true, and REmake 3 hadn't changed directions.

Thanks for all the insight! Hopefully the game works with the format you're talking about. Capcom has definitely earned the benefit of the doubt the past few years and it's exciting to hear that the team has had a clear vision for what they want R3make to be and that it seems to have mostly panned out, I get the impression that's somewhat rare in game development.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I said this in another thread a week or so ago, but for anyone worried the game is rushed, it's been in development for around 2 and a half years now. It's not by the same team that made REmake 2, and the development's been going smoothly ( a LOT more smoothly than Remake 2's development went).
The fact that it's by a different team is the reason I'm worried though.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.

This sounds amazing.

They always change the faces of the characters so I was ready for that, I think they both look good. Nemesis looks fine to me as well.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The two of them being together at all times would be a big departure from the original. Not only that, but from my experience with the series, I've found that the franchise is at its best when the protagonist is isolated from other characters/survivors.

I'm fine with Carlos getting a campaign, as long as it means more playing time. 😋

And keep the mercenaries mode with all the unlockables, and add a randomizer.

It wouldn't simply be a big departure, it would strike at the very heart of what RE3 is: a game about Jill and Nemesis. If you change that for Jill and Carlos vs Nemsis the very essence of the game is lost.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Oh I like the sound of this a lot. I wasn't really interested in RE2 but this looks right up my alley.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't the RE cgi movie characters look this good. They always end up looking very anime-ish/gamey.

Are you enjoying the game?
I've only been able to put ~5mins into it really. It will be a couple weeks before I go on break before I can really dive into it. Really liked what I saw though :)

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's better than REmake 2, was slightly dissapointed by it. I wonder if this will be cross-gen or only this gen?

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Dusk's writeup on the game supposedly being more systems driven is really intriguing. Having some immersive sim elements in RE could be very interesting, especially if they carry over the Zombie damage system from 2.

Oct 26, 2017

The Subway system replacing the tram seemed like a likely direction after there was an unexplained scene in a subway in the RE2r opening titles video.
screenshot2019-12-03ay4kyc.png

Saidan

May 23, 2019
Nemesis, ma boi! Looking forward to hearing "STAAAAARS" every 20 mins or so, followed by cardiac arrest.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017

It keeps getting better and better

giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.