• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
source.gif

TRAILER NOW PLEASE!

Damn at Nemesis there, and they all look a bit different really.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I dunno man , just seems strange to me to see some people cape for a design that's always been hella weird

To you.

and the character looks rad as fuck on this cover and you go " she looks generic "

... Yes, that's the point. You think it looks "rad as fuck." And some other people do not.

It's not that hard to understand. It's much more strange that you seem to take issue with someone who likes the original design. I have zero problem if someone prefers this one.

it sounded like you just wanted to see some leg.

I'll be sure to tell my partner, who linked me to this thread in the first place and complained about the new design before I did, that she "just wants to see some leg."

Cut the condescending shit.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.
Just tell me I can kill that goofy looking Nemesis at every encounter (just like original RE3) and I'll be good.

I really didn't like how Mr. X would just get up after a few seconds in Remake 2.

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who's only ever played RE4 and RE5, I'm super excited to start RE2.
But RE3 has always interested me the most.

Count me in.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Jill looks great...but what's up with Nemesis' piano keys for teeth lol? Much prefer the original design.

re3_nemesis.jpg

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
RE2 was one of the games I was most looking forward to this year but due to a new baby I had to wait until now to play it. I just finished my first runs on both characters and ready for the others.

Bring on RE3.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.

Have fun.

h7vcM2u.gif

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I've become a coward, not having played the first two Resident Evil remakes despite playing most of the series back in the PS2 and PS3 era.

I'll get around to it ... someday .. but excited to see how this goes!

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
About the redesigns:

Jill is more or less what I expect. The top would never make it and as long as the original costume is an unlockable, it's all good. I did think of Lara Croft when I saw it but I like the battered feel Jill has. By the end of the game, she should be barely holding together.

Nemesis? I would give him more gum and pointed teeth. But I really like his "clothes". At least the impression it gives of something that truly is barely containing whatever is bellow it and that is going to reveal him further and further as the game goes.

But I want to see them both in their full glory.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
old Nemesis always looked like a ripoff of the Chatterer from Hellraiser

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Really like the more strange and surreal look Nemesis has now. Old one was always too much of a rip-off of Chatterer from Hellraiser for me.

Diodejenero

Jan 18, 2018
United States
Wow, this was completely unexpected! Not sure how I feel about the redesigns yet, I'm going to hold off judgment until I see Nemesis in action. Like someone said earlier, the key art for RE2 ended up looking quite a bit different from the final in game models so I'm sure there will be some tweaking made before the game comes out. My guess is that Capcom is going to be looking at fan feedback and might adjust if it makes sense to do so.

Since Capcom's FY2019 is almost over I'm guessing at the earliest this will be a Q2 release.

Oct 26, 2017

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get CV remake that irons out the gameplay issues like the ludicrous airplane fight and irons out the story, though that may be unsalvageable.

RE4make would be objectively inferior because RE4 is the perfect game. Though it would still be good.

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand that sounds like a departure from the tightly structured psuedo-adventure game thing they've gone with in VII and 2. On the other hand that sounds like what I personally wanted from 3 anyway.
I feel like a departure from the rigid structure of RE2R may not be the worst thing ever.
My first playthrough of RE2R on standard difficulty was super tense since I didn't know what I was doing and where to go.
I ended having no healing items for a good portion of the police station.
When I replayed it on Hardcore difficulty I knew all the map layouts and where all the items where so it was almost like a speedrun. Despite having to save up my ink ribbons and having to deal with a smaller inventory most of the tension and challenge had gone.
Having more procedural elements can change that.

Diodejenero

Jan 18, 2018
United States
About the redesigns:

Jill is more or less what I expect. The top would never make it and as long as the original costume is an unlockable, it's all good. I did think of Lara Croft when I saw it but I like the battered feel Jill has. By the end of the game, she should be barely holding together.

Nemesis? I would give him more gum and pointed teeth. But I really like his "clothes". At least the impression it gives of something that truly is barely containing whatever is bellow it and that is going to reveal him further and further as the game goes.

But I want to see them both in their full glory.

I feel the same way about Nemesis. At first I thought the caution tape was a little cheesy but the more I look at it the more I actually like it and think it fits as Nemesis was designed to be a semi-intelligent weapon to be used to test against trained prey.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda happy they redesign Nemesis because if they went full on OG Nemesis he would be nightmare inducing.

Jill and Carlos looks way different i don't know how i feel about it yet, and thank god they changed Jill's clothes because the OG one was pathetic

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carlos looking like he really knows how to mix some herbs

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Nemesis always looked goofy, redesign is in line.

I'm sure I'll warm up to new Jill, it's just jarring after seventeen years with the Julia Voth based face.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get CV remake that irons out the gameplay issues like the ludicrous airplane fight and irons out the story, though that may be unsalvageable.
Nah i'm good thanks. If you want a good game out of CV, you'll have to change what, 98% of it ?
I rather act like CV never happened.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... not feeling Nemesis in that art, need to see the in-game model ASAP

Oct 24, 2019

RE4make would be objectively inferior because RE4 is the perfect game. Though it would still be good.

They should do 8, then Re-REmake, then CV, then 9, then 0, then 4. By that point, 4 will probably be in dire need of it and we'll be more appreciative of the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.