• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

cvxfreak is helping translate story points here: https://www.pscp.tv/cvxfreak/1yoKMzavLwYGQ

I debated making this thread, but decided, "Eh, why not?" Capcom asked Resident Evil Ambassadors (an official fan program to show news and ask fans things directly) to ask questions they had about RE3 to be answered by Masachika Kawata (RE3 producer) Tsuyoshi Otani, a person who runs the Resident Evil Ambassador program. That takes place tonight at 2 AM PST / 5 AM EST / 10 AM GMT.

To kinda' temper expectations, Capcom TV is Capcom's official weekly program. While there's a Q&A session answering fan questions on RE3, as the show is in Japanese unless someone wants to offer translations (or maybe the program has translations as they did ask English speaking fans as well for questions), we may not be privy to what they're talking about. Kinda' just expect to see a lot of Japanese people, some in costume, sitting around and talking a lot and occasionally showing things, as this is often how these go. There also will be other things shown first, such as Monster Hunter World and the like probably, so it may take them a bit to get to the RE3 event knowing how they typically work.

There is a solid chance they may show small bits of new gameplay though, Capcom TV sometimes gets the okay to do that and they're promoting this RE3 event as one of their bigger events, so they may have some small things to show for those who want to tune in for that. For RE2 for example they did show some things first on Capcom TV under special events, such as snippets of gameplay or different editions or the like. And if someone's willing to translate (or if translations provided if it's pre-recorded), there may be new nuggets of info about the title as well.

Whether it be nothing or something, they are promoting this event a bit more than usual, so I thought it might be fun to make an Era thread to ride this one out tonight.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Mr Capcom, your games seem to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are they so popular?

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
I wonder if they'll mention whether RE: Resistance will be available to purchase separately from RE3?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
If there's nothing tomorrow, there's definitely going to be something at Jump Festa this week-end ? Right ?
Right ?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Considering the short window to release, I think it's a safe bet we're going to get a hearty dose of info on the game. Considering we probably asked the similar questions in the Ambassador program, I think we'll get a lot of answers that we're curious about. That time is a doozy for me though. I'll probably have to catch it later tomorrow.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I HAVE to imagine something is going to be spilled tomorrow... we are already a week since the trailer crazy enough

Oct 28, 2017
Confirm ink ribbons for any difficulty level is all I want. That's the big thing I've been disappointed with for the last two games.

Oct 28, 2017
One of the only thinks I wanted in 7 and especially 2. I don't want to play on the hardest setting right away because I probably won't enjoy the game as much, but I don't want infinite saves.
That's where I'm at. Ink ribbons add an extra layer to the gameplay. It's one more thing to pick up and hold in your inventory, and it makes you question how often you should be saving. Do I use my ribbon now or do I save it for later? And there's a greater tension when you know that a death could set you back quite far if you haven't saved in a while. I love all of this when it comes to Resident Evil. I wanted that on my first playthrough. Did I want that AND have to contend with everything else being super hard on my first playthrough? Of course not! I don't want to play the mode where zombies take forever to go down, and can get my health down to danger in a single bite. But I do want limited saves. Why does it have to be all or nothing?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ink Ribbon options for Normal Difficulty seems like an odd-omission. Unsure why they didn't add them and just make a warning like "Are You SURE YOU WANT TO TURN THIS ON? CHECKPOINTS WILL BE DISABLED"

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
That's where I'm at. Ink ribbons add an extra layer to the gameplay. It's one more thing to pick up and hold in your inventory, and it makes you question how often you should be saving. Do I use my ribbon now or do I save it for later? And there's a greater tension when you know that a death could set you back quite far if you haven't saved in a while. I love all of this when it comes to Resident Evil. I wanted that on my first playthrough. Did I want that AND have to contend with everything else being super hard on my first playthrough? Of course not! I don't want to play the mode where zombies take forever to go down, and can get my health down to danger in a single bite. But I do want limited saves. Why does it have to be all or nothing?
Its never gonna happen Capcom thinks only the most hardcore fanboys care about ink ribbons, hell its a miracle they even brought back the typewriters/tape recorders

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Do yourself a favor and just play on Hardcore for the first playthrough, I Wanna Be The Guy. You mention tension, and that's where the tension is at its greatest. You can only experience the game for the first time once, and making that a blind Hardcore run is a hell of a way to do it. Yes, you'll die more often, but when the risk of death is that much greater, the horror is especially pronounced.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Do yourself a favor and just play on Hardcore for the first playthrough, I Wanna Be The Guy. You mention tension, and that's where the tension is at its greatest. You can only experience the game for the first time once, and making that a blind Hardcore run is a hell of a way to do it. Yes, you'll die more often, but when the risk of death is that much greater, the horror is especially pronounced.

This post literally made me consider to start on hardcore this time.

Damn, I am so hyped for this game.
The potential of RE3 is just so huge!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
This post literally made me consider to start on hardcore this time.

Damn, I am so hyped for this game.
The potential of RE3 is just so huge!
I played on Hardcore for first run on RE2, and I wouldn't trade that for the world. Ended up being one of the greatest survival horror experiences I've ever had. You constantly feel vulnerable and on-edge, which is how it should be, since the ideal horror game is about disempowerment and overcoming the odds.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This starts in about three hours, I'm tired tonight but thinking I may try to stay up for it. Guess we'll see what happens, though I don't know if I expect anything much or not at this stage.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The wait for news wouldn't be as exhausting, if we had some gameplay footage, like RE2 had during E3 2018. :/

I don't even know during what event they could show RE3. I guess there will be still press previews, some time.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
And now it's officially started.

Right this is their last Capcom TV for the year, so they're all in Christmas attire. That will make this... interesting.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for a cool little nugget of info.
There looks like there may be a couple people elsewhere who may translate a few of the interesting bits, if anything interesting in particular is said I'll post it here, but to see as I know one at least is a bit in and out.

There's an even slimmer chance that this may have English subs if pre-recorded with the Q&A session, but I suspect they'll do it live.

We might see new gameplay, they have shown new gameplay stuff here before and the game release is close, but they also might not! Guess we'll see.

Those guys drunk or something?

Maybe, but this is the usual tone of the show, just more... christmasy. until they get more into their special pieces.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, technically the background is new footage already, though small.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a translation. :/ I don't understand anything.
The gist of what I get not from me but a couple people helping translate bits and pieces elsewhere, is they are happy with the positive reception to RE3 though the announcement was tough (not said but implied because of leaks), and talking about how RE2 and RE3 were developed simultaneously.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'll add it to the OP and transcribe some bits.

So far:

So downside is confirmation they won't be demoing the game here. Bright side, there's a couple people translating what is said.

So this is in big thanks to cvxfreak for translating some bits elsewhere (not directly to me, let me clarify), and another personal friend of mine I work on projects with who lives in Japan, but talking about Jill and Nemesis. Talking a bit about how Nemesis is developed to be a smarter and more terrifying stalker than Mr. X.

And going on to Project Resistance and talking about Annette Birkin and the closed beta a month or so back. They say all the characters play quite differently, and each Mastermind takes a different approach. There are several different Masterminds still not revealed, so see them eventually.

Manhunter

Mar 20, 2019
The gist of what I get not from me but a couple people helping translate bits and pieces elsewhere, is they are happy with the positive reception to RE3 though the announcement was tough (not said but implied because of leaks), and talking about how RE2 and RE3 were developed simultaneously.

Thank you Dusk! :3

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The team is happy about the positive response RE3 Remake has received so far, and talking about the Ambassador program, how it's changing (since they announced this earlier today), and now getting to the questions people asked about RE3.