• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Can you tell the specific time embargo lifts?
Know I don't know anything else more than anyone on Capcom's marketing strategies. However as this one leaked a bit and Capcom definitely has a pattern, It'll almost definitely be around 8 AM PST / 11 AM EST / Midnight Japan time tomorrow, or 20 hours from now.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of agree. I don't think the dogs have ever been that scary. In re2make they are when you first go into the kennel, but they move so sporadically and run around that it almost just looks funny.
Not having to deal with them in the kennel or anywhere else in the basement at all is part of why I prefer Claire's playthrough in REmake 2 (much less annoying while out in the streets).

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I think crows could be used really well more as an environmental hazard than a combat enemy, particularly in REmake 2. I would have loved if there were a couple windows on the second floor of the RPD that crows could burst through if you didn't board them up. It would have added a little extra depth to the boarding mechanic and add to the route planning strategy if you want to avoid a hallway you know has crows hanging out in.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I want zombies with spider legs coming out of their mouths and if you down them without destroying the head the spiders burst out of their skull.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
I think crows could be used really well more as an environmental hazard than a combat enemy, particularly in REmake 2. I would have loved if there were a couple windows on the second floor of the RPD that crows could burst through if you didn't board them up. It would have added a little extra depth to the boarding mechanic and add to the route planning strategy if you want to avoid a hallway you know has crows hanging out in.
Agreed. I hope they come back in RE3 like that, much like how they were presented in RE4: without actually engaging in full-on combat, but this time they should be presented in a more "dangerous" way... like flying around ominously, hearing their cawing in the distance to add to the atmosphere.

Oct 27, 2017
This would have been really cool.
They could also make it so they sort of float in one place for a short span of time, so they are easier to hit, as opposed to flying around.
Yeah that's how I picture them in my mind.

Oct 29, 2017
How can something be better than perfection ?
I love RE2 but if they hadn't spent so much time trying to figure out the direction of the game I bet it would have been even better. As it is, RE2 adds little while scrapping a decent amount. Hasn't stopped me from replaying it over and over but I definitely would have enjoyed more Raccoon City, more enemy variety, and a proper AB scenario system

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Is it ok to expect this game to be way better than 2? Because I'm starting to feel this way.
Sure i do,Remake 2 declined in quality after RPD imo.
Rpd was amazing but the rest was so so,i kinda fell out of love with the game tbh.
And they handled the character scenarios poorly too.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Is it ok to expect this game to be way better than 2? Because I'm starting to feel this way.
While I'm curious to see how this turns out, I expect to be more critical of decisions made with it as a result of just how extensive the differences will be since I felt that the original RE3 didn't require as many changes as RE2, having been more receptive to what they changed and how with REmake 2 (even with concluding that the 1st/2nd run distinction could've been handled better compared to the already flawed A/B implementation in the original).

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I forget. What was the context?

Been awhile, but didn't the spider represent his marriage? And at that point in the movie, he was about to cross the unfaithful line and him opening the door showed the spider/his marriage were doomed to fail? Which is why, in context of spiders being scary, that I find the gif use funny. The spider is terrified of him in the gif.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I was impressed how they managed to not mess up RE2 remake. Not only that they actually gave me my favorite gameplay in the series so more of that in the city with more variety in enemies? Yeah, this might just be better though not sure about public reception. They might think it's too samey as with the original RE3 to 2.
Not everything in RE2R is perfect but man it's so good and it manages to be a different game with its own rules. That's why I can overlook some omissions from the original. I think both RE2s can stand side by side wonderfully. I think that's more commendable than if it was just fixed camera angles and everything is the same just prettier.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Whatever the times were for RE2 would likely be the same for RE3. So no later than 12PM PST

How can something be better than perfection ?

I'll be that guy and say RE2make despite being good, shows a lot of its seams the more you play it.
It's still a damn fine game, but the more I play it the more I notice a lot of things that could've been better.
RE3 not having to live up to the original and instead being able to do more of its own thing is an exciting time and I hope that translates to the game itself standing out more.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Remake 2 couldn't be better.

3 just needs to keep it's level of quality and it'll be fine.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I think this will compensate what I felt was missing from RE2R, like new enemies, bosses and more city area to explore. There is much more room to take liberties with RE3 than RE2. The new content that was cut from RE2R really stung. It seemed like there was so much content they cut that Claire and Leon's game could have been 25-30% more unique. Here's hoping some of those enemies and locations show up in RE3R.

I wonder if they will add in an Tyrant boss at the factory or throw in a boss from Outbreak. There is so much they can do here.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
REmake 2 was great and exceeded its original in ways I didn't think they would top (particularly level design & survival horror systems like item management and route planning), but there's certainly room for improvement still. REmake 3 already looks to be improving on enemy variety, which while not bad in REmake 2 (certainly better than 7) didn't even live up to the game it was remaking. I'm most interested to see how the level design stacks up, and how boss fights are.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
So, I'm not daring to look at any of the leaked screens since I'm now on media blackout, I was just wanna know simple Yays or Nays:

Do these screenshots instill more hype/confidence in RE3 than before?

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I love and adore RE2R. I have beaten that game at least 12+ times. That being said after I ran through it 5 times in the first 8-10 days of playing it at launch, I had to legit step away from it for months... I am talking I didn't play the thing from I believe March until December 2019. Now, when I revisited it, I blasted through it no less than 7 times and I believe it was more. There just isn't much replayability to the game... and yes I am saying that as I have replayed it over and over. I love the game despite its flaws and think it's a great 87/100.

It would surprise me if RE3R beat it out, because it would have to be damn well near perfect to do so. I think ultimately it will score lower than RE2R, something like 77/100, but still be an awesome game.

Just my 2 cents. Hopefully it's a 100/100 masterpiece.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

I think for the right crowd, it will be much better.

But for a lot of people .. the persistent Nemesis will be a detractor. There were a lot of people who didn't like Mr. X following you around (in the very limited capacity he does) in RE2. This will be a nightmare for them.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I love and adore RE2R. I have beaten that game at least 12+ times. That being said after I ran through it 5 times in the first 8-10 days of playing it at launch, I had to legit step away from it for months... I am talking I didn't play the thing from I believe March until December 2019. Now, when I revisited it, I blasted through it no less than 7 times and I believe it was more. There just isn't much replayability to the game... and yes I am saying that as I have replayed it over and over. I love the game despite its flaws and think it's a great 87/100.

If you have it on the pc get the randomizer mod.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Having 1 scenario might actually be the most promising and benefiting thing about RE3 rather than a detriment.

Oct 25, 2017
I never cared about spiders specifically, I only care about enemy variety. And I'm very pleased with what we've already seen, so spiders or not, I'm happy.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
I never cared about spiders specifically, I only care about enemy variety. And I'm very pleased with what we've already seen, so spiders or not, I'm happy.
this is where i'm at. as great as RE has been this gen, both 2 and 7 were lacking in enemy variety. 3 is already looking great in that regard. i'd prefer if spiders are in, but i won't be too bothered if they're not. unlike with 2 were the removal of some enemies was a negative for me

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I think this will compensate what I felt was missing from RE2R, like new enemies, bosses and more city area to explore. There is much more room to take liberties with RE3 than RE2. The new content that was cut from RE2R really stung. It seemed like there was so much content they cut that Claire and Leon's game could have been 25-30% more unique. Here's hoping some of those enemies and locations show up in RE3R.

I wonder if they will add in an Tyrant boss at the factory or throw in a boss from Outbreak. There is so much they can do here.
I don't see a Tyrant fight happening, well, not another one. Nemesis is a Tyrant class monster (basically an evolution to Mr. X) so there's really no need to have an inferior model turn up.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Dead Tyrants were already in the original game. Would be cool to fight one wounded or something.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Remake 2 couldn't be better.

3 just needs to keep it's level of quality and it'll be fine.
REmake 2 is GOTY 2019, probably my game of the decade even.

But c'mon, it can always be better. And given what we know of its dev history, we're lucky it's even as good as it is.

REmake 3 could possibly outdo it, but it'll be tough. Then again it's just titans at the top fighting for the tippy-top anyway. They are/will be among the best in the genre either way.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love RE2R to death, but the sewers and the lab do not come close to the level of perfection that is the level design of the precinct. If they did, then the game would be perfect.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see a Tyrant fight happening, well, not another one. Nemesis is a Tyrant class monster (basically an evolution to Mr. X) so there's really no need to have an inferior model turn up.

I'd be down for a 2 or 3 vs 1 Tyrant fight in the factory. I don't think there has ever been a 2 vs 1 boss fight in the entire series.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for a 2 or 3 vs 1 Tyrant fight in the factory. I don't think there has ever been a 2 vs 1 boss fight in the entire series.
RE5 had a 2v2 fight, does that sorta count? But yeah, if we are getting multiples of them (with maybe Nemesis busting in part way through) I'd be down with that. Something different like that could be real fun.

MoonDesigner

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I love RE2R to death, but the sewers and the lab do not come close to the level of perfection that is the level design of the precinct. If they did, then the game would be perfect.
To be fair, thats almost every resident evil game =P. The classic games always had the first area to be much more explorative than later parts of the game. I kinda understand though, the "mystery" of whats going on is kinda getting unwrapped and the story also demands for a more linear, direct level design. I almost always feel that the first 2/3 of RE games are better than the last third, maybe because of the visuals, the level design or enemies. Even RE 4, where i find most of the island really really really amazing, still has some parts that i don't enjoy as much as the castle and village, which i feel are pratically 100% fun to go through.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's sad CAPCOM never bothered to put the Pale Heads or the Poison Zombies in the campaign. It would' helped a bit with enemy variety.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved RE2R, but the enemy variety wasn't that good, i hope we see the spiders and crows back