• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still rooting for the 1.5 Man Spiders, even if they replace the spiders, or combine a spider and a zombie into one
I would be fine if they made an Ada escape dlc for 3 and introduced all of these enemies. Man Spiders, The moth, crows. Bring anything that didn't return in REmake 2 and 3 (hopefully 3 has everything back) and bring all the guns and missing locations (marshalling yard anyone?) in her campaign.

Nov 13, 2017
Damn this is looking awesome! I really hope they found a way to organically stretch the length of the game and rework the final battle.

Also...Code Veronica X for PS5 please!

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah,i think i'll skip the preview tomorrow.
I feel like i've ruined the surprise of seeing those monster for the first time.
Random thought but if REmake 3 has the same ui from 7 and 2,don't go too crazy with the reused assets/rushed game comments pls.
The same happened with the previews of REmake 2 and it was annoying.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will the game world be bigger than RE2? What about level design? More open or equally interconnected?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I read an article that said that it's possible that due to their usage of photorealism, it has been hard to implement creatures that aren't fantastical for fear of it looking silly. Don't know if that's the reason why we haven't seen moths or spiders.
I do hope they at least make it in.
You're telling me this ain't scary?

anigif_enhanced-9209-1418864418-19.gif

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
People jumping to conclusions, we haven't gotten confirmation or denial on these enemies making a return.

So far RE3 seems to be bringing most enemies back, and there were some rumors from crows returning a few weeks ago, so who knows...
I would be fine if they made an Ada escape dlc for 3 and introduced all of these enemies. Man Spiders, The moth, crows. Bring anything that didn't return in REmake 2 and 3 (hopefully 3 has everything back) and bring all the guns and missing locations (marshalling yard anyone?) in her campaign.
While I don't care about spiders and personally don't miss them, and am considerably more indifferent to the moth, crows seriously don't need to ever come back. Really, why would anyone want small, flying targets, let alone in something where auto-aim isn't part of the default controls?

And man spiders in 1.5 always just looked stupid to me, so cutting them even way back then was understandable.

Last edited:

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I don't care about spiders and personally don't miss them, and am considerably more indifferent to the moth, crows seriously don't need to ever come back. Really, why would anyone want small, flying targets, let alone in something where auto-aim isn't part of the default controls?

And man spiders in 1.5 always just looked stupid to me, so cutting them even way back then was understable.
Speaking for crows, I feel they would be great if they don't design them as an enemy you have to fight with. More so something that you need to be careful of while traversing a room or corridor.

Remember in RE3 when there was a jump scare with crows? Take this idea and make it more randomized as a way to make the player be more careful when running around. If we have to engage them then they should bring back the flamethrower as a way to burn them all to crisp without much aiming. Could make the flamethrower very useful and add more choices like saving it for when another crow horde shows up or to use the flamethrower and have a harder time if they pop up.

As for the other monsters, I feel it is mostly nostalgia but I would still love for them to return. I really liked all the different monsters you encountered in the classic trilogy and would love to see how they would be in todays tech. Same with the man spider who could be a really interesting enemy.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it's already the 25th here so I'm hoping we do get to hear more later. I'm already starved for information on this game and I'm really curious on how they're going to play around with city traversal this time!

Hate

Oct 26, 2017

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Eagerly awaiting tomorrow. I've been saying for weeks that the hype has bee very bleh compared to RE2, but this might explode tomorrow. Really hoping for new gameplay. All the screenshots are awesome, but want to see this game in action more. 39 days 😁😁😁

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Will the game world be bigger than RE2? What about level design? More open or equally interconnected?
The answer to this is a bit complicated, despite everyone saying RE3 was an RE2 clone and most of the locations were the same, neither of these statements were ever true of the original. RE2 the original you spend something like 2/3rds of the game in the RPD Police Station, while in RE3 the first half of the game is within Raccoon City and the second half is smaller more linear environments.

I don't know how it'll be in the final game exactly, but what I had heard like a year and a half ago was the first half of the game was going to be a lot more explorable, not open world but there'd be a lot of side things to do and explore. The first main objective of RE3 after the beginning stuff is to get the Subway up and running with various parts scattered around the city, and there's a decent chunk of Raccoon City you can explore. There's also things to do off the beaten path, I think you can rescue optional survivors which have benefits at this stage of the game.

However, like the original game once the Subway is fixed the game then locks in for more linear locations that kinda' go one after another. Honestly this is basically just how the original game was just for a more modern era and not restrained by the PS1 hardware, but that's what you should expect.

So in basic, first half of the game you got a big chunk of Raccoon City to explore, second half of the game you're going through location through location pretty linearly. At least that's what I had heard a year and a half ago, though I very much doubt that's changed.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
The crows have always been a lame enemy as well as most animal and bug infected enemies besides the spiders and Yawn. The best RE enemies are the humanoid creates like Hunters, Crimsons, lickers, Regenerators etc. Glad they also ditched the old Ivies in RE2R , those looked too goofy.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if spiders are in or not, but they haven't shown all the enemies. The most obvious one is we know dogs are in RE3, they've been confirmed a few times. But we just haven't seen them yet.

I have been debating if Drain Deimos will for all intents and purposes be the spider replacement or if we may get both, I guess to be seen. I'm sure Capcom heard the Spider complaints on RE2, but I guess it's really if they feel it works with the vision of the game/want to spend the resources on making them a thing in the game. RE3 I know is a game of systems like RE2 and maybe even a bit moreso, so I'm not sure they'd add spiders as a late addition if it wasn't already in the plans.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man do I really want to watch everything that drops tomorrow. One on hand I'd like to go in fresher than I did for RE2 (though I spoiled a lot of that willingly which I doubt will happen here) but on the other I do want to see more. The number one thing I don't want to see until I play the game is Brad's death so hopefully they don't show that pre-release. Ugh this is such a tough call.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The crows have always been a lame enemy as well as most animal and bug infected enemies besides the spiders and Yawn. The best RE enemies are the humanoid creates like Hunters, Crimsons, lickers, Regenerators etc. Glad they also ditched the old Ivies in RE2R , those looked too goofy.
I kind of agree. I don't think the dogs have ever been that scary. In re2make they are when you first go into the kennel, but they move so sporadically and run around that it almost just looks funny.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I'm a person that doesn't care if he gets spoiled. Hell, I remember the day RE7 came out and before I even bought the game I looked up the ending spoiling Chris coming in to help save the day lol. Will enjoy the heck out of it regardless of spoilers. So, in short, feed and fuck me up with gameplay and spoilers. 🤤🤤🤤

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Seems lots of people want the spiders in this thread. .......
I was indifferent to them being in RE2 as they were only in a two corridors in the original game, the spiders in RE3 do stand out a bit more as they appear at the Clock Tower and have more presence but I also could see a meeting room discussion debating if spiders are needed as they already have Drain Deimos, which for all intents and purposes function a lot like the spider enemies.

I'll be happy if they're in but not distraught if they're not. I'm sure they could be reimagined in a cool way, but honestly I think the only two RE games where Spiders are crucial enemies is the original Resident Evil and Code Veronica. In the other games they appear in they're a neat but mostly non-crucial addition. But to see what they chose to do with RE3 REmake here.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Those potential drain deimos look enough like spiders that I think I'd be fine if spiders aren't also in the game (tho I think having webs that slow your movement would be a *great* tweak to the level and encounters design that spiders could add). I really just want as much enemy variety as possible, which fortunately this has already topped REmake 2 in that regard.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I feel indifferent about SpiderGate. They do kinda stand out compared to all the other creatures as being straight up just spiders.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also have no feelings towards the spiders. Their presence or absence won't affect me in any way, shape or form. The sudden frothing at the mouth for them is honestly pretty funny to me. You'd think they were as vital to the game as Lickers are for 2 and Hunters are for 1 lol.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I feel indifferent about SpiderGate. They do kinda stand out compared to all the other creatures as being straight up just spiders.

Well, it's like they were proud of the assets created for RE1 and thought "fuck it... just keep reusing the spiders!"

They should have changed them to be more gangly or widow-like. Tarantulas just don't freak me out.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Randomisers are bad and i'm glad there no longer in the games. They ruin level design by randomising hand picked placements. It's a trash feature.

For the main game of course, but for an extra additional mode, I think it's welcomed. Actually kinda sad we don't have them in the games as an optional mode. Seems like a no brainer to me, but that's where modders save the day.

Loving these pics. Part of me wants to go on blackout, but the other can't look away.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The enemy I just can't bring myself to give a damn about is Crows. Yeah I know Crows are in most of the older RE games (RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, Zero), but I just cannot care in the slightest about them being in or not.

I'm fine with them not being in REmake 2, and I'll be fine with them not being in RE3 Remake, but it'd be nice if they were simply for variety and spiders are one of the real animals many people are scared of.

The only RE game I'd really be distraught about if spiders were cut from it would be a re-remake of RE1. I think REmake's spiders were great, and out of all the RE games the spiders have the most presence in RE1/REmake.

I knew you were hiding things from us, Dusk !

Actually I am right now, I got some very interesting updates on the series this last week, but I'm waiting for the right time to talk about it. For the record for one of the things, the "right time to talk about it" is like a year or two from now. The one thing I guess I can mention right now is Resident Evil 8 did something no other entry in the series has ever done from a development standpoint, which I'm deeply fascinated by. But I'll talk more about that after RE3 is out.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
One thing that sets Spiders apart from most RE enemies is that they are almost completely silent so you don't always know one is nearby before it's already on your face.

IIRC REmake has this great moment with the first spider where it just silently walks on the roof and down the wall to block the door you just came in from.

edit: and yes, if there is one enemy type I fully support cutting it's the crows.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The enemy I just can't bring myself to give a damn about is Crows. Yeah I know Cros are in most of the older RE games (RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, Zero), but I just cannot care in the slightest about them being in or not.

Yeah same. Crows are the only enemy where I outright celebrate their absence. I was so glad they weren't in 2 remake and I hope they're not in 3 remake. Only game where I accept crows being in is 1 and that's only because of Forest.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Actually I am right now, I got some very interesting updates on the series this last week, but I'm waiting for the right time to talk about it. For the record for one of the things, the "right time to talk about it" is like a year or two from now. The one thing I guess I can mention right now is Resident Evil 8 did something no other entry in the series has ever done from a development standpoint, which I'm deeply fascinated by. But I'll talk more about that after RE3 is out.

You're killing me, Dusk. Actual suffering lol
I wonder what is the thing that they did with RE8. Maybe go back to the previous version that they scrapped ?
And fingers crossed that more remakes got greenlighted.
Code Veronica need its redemption.

Jul 24, 2018
Speaking for crows, I feel they would be great if they don't design them as an enemy you have to fight with. More so something that you need to be careful of while traversing a room or corridor.

Remember in RE3 when there was a jump scare with crows? Take this idea and make it more randomized as a way to make the player be more careful when running around. If we have to engage them then they should bring back the flamethrower as a way to burn them all to crisp without much aiming. Could make the flamethrower very useful and add more choices like saving it for when another crow horde shows up or to use the flamethrower and have a harder time if they pop up.
They could also make it so they sort of float in one place for a short span of time, so they are easier to hit, as opposed to flying around.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Totally indifferent towards crows but i wouldn't mind if they return as part of the scenery,like seeing them pecking on a corpse,flying around or hearing them cawing in the background but no more than that.