• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Ton more were leaked a bit ahead of time:
FUJ9kOA.jpg

O5RlHnC.jpg

F4qKTBT.jpg

ZTPLrrp.jpg

lzM2IgA.jpg

i1MmnOj.jpg

Fot0RI8.jpg

qcB7qUY.jpg

PRURvCR.jpg

xedXRBH.jpg

ltXll33.jpg

DysvOrs.jpg

OVYtNYq.jpg

C4dkqio.jpg

ceDR4uV.jpg

7z86n9d.jpg

SLJ6onY.jpg
Impressive! And damn, it took me a moment to recognized the Grave Digger and the Drain Deimos.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Im not, just mentioning that since there are people who think every game with a gun should have immaculate controls/shooting fit for an online shooter regardless of genre.
Though i havent played re2make on pc, so i dont know just how fucked mouse controls are
If you move the mouse too slowly, it doesn't move at all (deadzone).
If you move the mouse slowly, it turns quickly. If you move the mouse quickly, it turns slowly (negative acceleration).
It's not an intentional design. It shows they didn't care about KB&M controls at all.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already stressed. I can't believe this games already just about a month out.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll see new areas like the zoo from Outbreak.

Which one?
I platinumed it but never played ghist survivors that much to 100% it.
The one with all the files, I assume I'm missing one with Claire in the orphanage. Still, I've enjoyed the road to the plat, replaying the game a ton and trying new things, like I did with REmake. I hope RE3 will be the same.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that picture of Jill on top of Nemesis bazooka, it'd brutal if she actually gets blown to bits.

fireseal

Oct 28, 2017
Spiders removed again?

Looked forward to seeing them RE2 remake and only to be letdown. Removing it again is pretty trash tbh

Let's wait and see. Still to early to tell. Honestly, based on the original level design, unlike the mansion from RE1, I wouldn't miss spiders more than the other enemies. However, it would be nice to display what the RE Engine can do in that regard.

Crazy how fast they made this, feels like re2 just came out.

It wasn't fast. 3 years and a half in development now, according to Dusk. It was RE2 Remake that went through some degree of development hell and took a while to release.

These games were developed by different teams.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Okay it looks so damn fantastic but I want to see old Jill outfit in action so I can decide which one I want to use for my 1st run. Also..... I am terrified of spiders yet I still have to buy this cause i'm an RE fanatic. Help.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Okay it looks so damn fantastic but I want to see old Jill outfit in action so I can decide which one I want to use for my 1st run. Also..... I am terrified of spiders yet I still have to buy this cause i'm an RE fanatic. Help.
here's the thing, the default outfit for Jill might get battle damaged over time of the campaign like in RE2R but not the alternate (OG) outfit.
I'll try both for sure, but i do like the og better.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I could of sworn one of the previews talked about the spiders being in specifically.
Maybe they confused them with the Drain Demios.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The game has been in development for +3 years, afaik planning stage started around less than a year after the "We Do It" video for RE2.

How long was RE2Remake in development? I remember the "We Do It" video was like 2015, but that would have meant RE2Remake was possibly made in 3 years?

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
How long was RE2Remake in development? I remember the "We Do It" video was like 2015, but that would have meant RE2Remake was possibly made in 3 years?
With 2 they spent a long time figuring out what the remake would play like. Figuring out the technology. Prototypes.
RE3 has had more of a smooth sailing and active development time.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
It was fine, but I wasn't the biggest fan of RE3. Really digging the visual tone & atmosphere in these screens, though. Hype rising.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wait we won't get spiders either? :(((((
Nothing's confirmed or denied... yet. Spiders haven't been shown off which as they were also cut in 2 leads people to believe they are cut in 3. Then again it wasn't so long ago people thought RE3 would be a first person perspective game that would also cut Grave Diggers, Hunters and Drain Deimos... moral of the story is don't believe any cuts until they are officially confirmed, people love to over react at the slightest anything.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Those Drain Deimons look more like spiders than spiders, it seems they made a nest out of the power station or something like that.

I initially figured the Drain Deimos and Brain Suckers would just be combined into the same enemy, as they were pretty similar in the original.
Now I'm wondering if the DDs will replace the basic spiders and the Brain Suckers will be reworked (ala Ivys) and feel like totally new enemies.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still rooting for the 1.5 Man Spiders, even if they replace the spiders, or combine a spider and a zombie into one

Jul 24, 2018
People jumping to conclusions, we haven't gotten confirmation or denial on these enemies making a return.

So far RE3 seems to be bringing most enemies back, and there were some rumors from crows returning a few weeks ago, so who knows...
Nothing's confirmed or denied... yet. Spiders haven't been shown off which as they were also cut in 2 leads people to believe they are cut in 3. Then again it wasn't so long ago people thought RE3 would be a first person perspective game that would also cut Grave Diggers, Hunters and Drain Deimos... moral of the story is don't believe any cuts until they are officially confirmed, people love to over react at the slightest anything.
I read an article that said that it's possible that due to their usage of photorealism, it has been hard to implement creatures that aren't fantastical for fear of it looking silly. Don't know if that's the reason why we haven't seen moths or spiders.
I do hope they at least make it in.

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
I read an article that said that it's possible that due to their usage of photorealism, it has been hard to implement creatures that aren't fantastical for fear of it looking silly. Don't know if that's the reason why we haven't seen moths or spiders.
I do hope they at least make it in.
We have to consider the possibility some stuff was cut either by the developers' vision (for example, redesigning the Ivy enemy for a more """""grounded""""" look) or because there was no time to refine them and its mechanics as RE2 was behind schedule at various points during development.