• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone dump the knife at any point? Seems like the game gives plenty of ammo to deal with everything.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Wow... amazing how much easier the clock tower is when you do a manual save and you are actually prepared for it 😭😭😂😂

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Really? What area? I felt he was too easy. The problem is the game wants you do a certain thing, and if you don't, then Nemesis is Hard.

Outside of the donut shop. Unless I'm doing something wrong, not getting hit by him or at least one of the zombies helping him is nearly impossible for me. I want to save healing items and I already wasted a few on those bugs earlier.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the donut shop. Unless I'm doing something wrong, not getting hit by him or at least one of the zombies helping him is nearly impossible for me. I want to save healing items and I already wasted a few on those bugs earlier.
Use a grenade to down him. You do not need to horde these things in this game. He also drops things tha make it very worth it...

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone dump the knife at any point? Seems like the game gives plenty of ammo to deal with everything.

On Standard? Absolutely.

Probably on Hardcore too.

Grenades were basically made for Nemesis. He 'dies' with one, even on Hardcore

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it. Extremely disappointed. It's not a bad linear scripted TPS-- I quite like those-- but the potential of the source material is wasted. Nemesis was totally botched. It's pretty thoroughly mediocre. Oh well. RER2, by the way, I thought was almost perfect for 60% and then pretty good for the remainder. This is "almost perfect" for like 15% and then pretty unimagintative for the rest. They just cut in all the wrong places.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Started up a run on Nightmare, only using extra pouches, an offensive coin, a regenerating health coin, and the doge manual. At first it seemed intimidating as fuck but the shop items really help balance it out, for better or worse. I'm going to avoid using infinite ammo weapons, even though I have the assault rifle.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
About an added enemy in the endgame:
Who do we think came up with the Pale Heads? REmake 2 either found no use for them in the campaign for some reason or they were on loan from the deep in development REmake 3. I can see both. At least the A-gear zombies are in Resistance and they too were in the GS DLC so it might have been a sneak preview type of deal. A-gears can fuck you real bad btw.

Here is a game that makes a pursuer work and last in actual proper gameplay:
giphy.gif

I still ain´t crazy about the game and mostly agree with the infamous IGN review but Big Chap is the one to beat. Not Trenchy or Jack. Steal him Capcom! The market for such an RE game is there I think. I wonder how those RE8 "witches" will turn out.

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm not enjoying the multiplayer much. Avoiding hard to see traps on the ground, Zombies spawning behind you, cameras shooting you, and managing inventory and durability of weapons all at the same time is not fun. Predator: Hunting Grounds will be the better asymmetric multiplayer game that releases this month.

Just going to delete that and start up a second playthrough on nightmare.

Maybe nightmare will change my mind, but right now I think original RE3 is better.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
By the way, if you miss the shotgun or grenade launcher, they will show up later before the second boss fight.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it. Extremely disappointed. It's not a bad linear scripted TPS-- I quite like those-- but the potential of the source material is wasted. Nemesis was totally botched. It's pretty thoroughly mediocre. Oh well. RER2, by the way, I thought was almost perfect for 60% and then pretty good for the remainder. This is "almost perfect" for like 15% and then pretty unimagintative for the rest. They just cut in all the wrong places.
Essentially how I feel, although I didn't think anything was perfect about this game. Mostly some parts were fine, while the rest was a god damn chore to play.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I beat the game and have unlocked the shop. What's up with some key items like the lockpick and boltcuters? Why can I buy them?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Finished it. And what a game! From start to finish I really enjoyed it. Gameplay was solid and Jill is epic, they did a fantastic job with her. I also really enjoyed Carlos' sections of the game, probably my two favourite bits. Overall I'd say there was no bit of the game I'd hate doing again on a second play through, was all great.

As a game to play, definitely as good as the RE2 Remake. Similar, but different enough I think they're both excellent in their own ways. But as a whole package, the things it's missing and/or got cut did hurt by the end. When I realized I was nearing the final sections it felt way too soon. I hope there's some DLC coming. Still loved my time with it though.

Field

Oct 29, 2017
After reading the impressions here I'm glad I decided to wait for a sale. I have a feeling I will still enjoy and like it but at the same time find it disappointing for a RE game.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man reading this thread is such a downer. This game was like number 3 on my most anticipated games list for 2020 and now I'm not sure if I'll even bother to play it. Sounds like it's an extremely pretty but half assed attempt to make a super streamlined rebuild of a game that was barely a 7/10 to begin with (RE3 is pretty low on my list, always felt like a scenario C expansion to RE2 that got released at full price). Hearing that resistance isn't that great either and lacks a solid player base .... seems like this might have been better served as a stand alone 30$ release.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I don't think it can be overstated how great looking this game is, and I'm not even playing it with HDR.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
At the last area of the game and I love it. It's definitely on par with RE2R and doesn't fully abandon its level design. The bosses are much better too. I also like how it's a lot different than the original despite the cuts. I think the cuts in RE2R were much worse because they didn't add any new enemies or bosses and the 2 added locations were over before they started.

As awesome as this game is, it really could have been spectacular and something really special. Raccoon City didn't have to be massive like an open world game but it really should have been bigger and let you backtrack to any interior location to pick up more items. I'll say that the city section of the game is one of, if not the best area in the series. Now I just think what could have been. Imagine trekking through the cemetery or park as you're on guard from Nemesis popping up? Or a Clock Tower level where Nemmy stalks you for the entire time which ends in an epic boss fight.

I really hope Capcom can remedy this by giving us a Carlos campaign. Would shed light on how he rescued some survivors too. More city, cemetery, park and a legit Clock Tower and I'd be happy.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I think if one loved RE2make then R3make you will also like. There is no reason not to play it, except maybe price.
One thing I would have loved if you did not get 'teleported' to the different set pieces via cut scenes, but would have to naturally travel there yourself. It would give the game more cohesion and made Raccoon City more of a character itself.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
At the hospital and I'm really enjoying this. I get why people are put off by the slightly more linear style, but reading some of the comments here I was expecting far less exploration. There's just enough, imo, and the game's snappier pace and more ammunition makes it a nice accompaniment to RE2.

It has a much better story so far, too. Cool characters and satisfying beats.

I actually REALLY like what they did with Nemesis. I think him perusing you randomly like the Alien AI in Isolation would have felt like a nuisance more than a fun challenge. I like how they designed is pursuit into the story. He still feels relentless even if it's not some random stalker mechanic.

The pace is very snappy, and I already feel this is going to be a very fun game to speed run and play on higher difficulties.

Glad I bought it (although I did pay £35, and so far I feel like that's a good price. £60 would be too much...).

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving this game so much. I get the complaints, being a huge fan since the first RE, but I think this is still really fun. It does have a very streamlined almost DLC type feel to it, but really well done. It also looks really great.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having just beat the classic RE3 a couple days ago and now playing this... wow!

The first about 30-45 minutes of classic crammed into the first 10 minutes of Remake is unsettling.

Like I got to the guy who locks himself in a trailer and that's pretty much just you running by as opposed to a save hub you start at.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
Really disappointed in how they handled Nemesis here. He's much more of a set piece situation rather than a consistent threat like he should have been.

Overall, this really does feel like it was made by a B team while the A team handled the RE2 remake.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I think if one loved RE2make then R3make you will also like. There is no reason not to play it, except maybe price.
One thing I would have loved if you did not get 'teleported' to the different set pieces via cut scenes, but would have to naturally travel there yourself. It would give the game more cohesion and made Raccoon City more of a character itself.

I was thinking the same thing. Would have loved to travel to the areas by foot or subway.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
So I just finished the RPD and now I'm off the subway train. And yet another visual straight out of RE3 ... Even if it's adjusted a little.

This game is really just bizarre. Yes there is now a sewer section in the game. But ... Is there really? There is sort of an apartment section. But can we call it an area in the game? It's clear that a lot of work went into this game, but it's designed in a way that makes it feel very disposable.

I don't hate it. Even the set piece portions are entertaining. But it doesn't really feel like I'm doing anything for most of this game. The story is maybe better than the original, but it's also not really a movie worth seeing .

It's also uncanny how much Jill sounds like the original RE3 Jill sometimes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my opinion Nemesis really feels like a secondary antagonist in this game which is a far cry from the original where he felt like THE main threat. I honestly think Nikolai is more of a threat in this game and is the true main antagonist, which feels deserve imo as Nikolai is great now.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Did my first run on Standard (I had a brain fart and didn't pick Hardcore for some reason... I blame staring at a screen all day making words all fuzzy and blurry)

Did the game in one, 9 and a half hour sitting (6:45 being actual game time). I'm a newcomer to the series though (only played 1 and the RE2 remake via Steam last year), so I was just stumbling my way through it. Was fairly completionist about (got all guns; opened all locks), so I backtracked a lot.

Will probably do a Hardcore run a bit later, I'm very slow and methodical when I play exploration games, and I don't care about speed run achievements, So I can probably get a few more playthroughs out of this.
I pre-ordered this for 25% off, so @ 60 CAD it's not the worst purchase (if I paid the full 80 CAD, I'd be disappointed, though). Never gonna touch Resistance, but I think I can probably get my money's worth via runs with unlocked infinite weapons.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying it. It's no REmake 2, but REmake 2 is a masterpiece and one of the top 3 games this gen. Capcom can't be expected to churn out one of those every year. I do think it complements it though, offering a completely different type of experience.

Raccoon City is overwhelming and the gameplay constantly shifts between wide areas where it feels like danger could come from any direction, and corridors where it's coming right towards you. It's a nice mix up from REmake 2 when it was really just the latter.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Played for a couple of hours last night and I'm in love with the game. So far liking it a bit better than RE2make.

Think I like it a bit more because it's easier lol.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you delete a save file (PS4)? I went past the point of no return without getting all 3 of the gems and so went back to an earlier save but I also saved separately after that point of no return. I have since progressed past that point with the 3 gems but I have a now useless save file and I couldn't see how to delete it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I just can't believe that Carlos is now one of my favourite characters in RE now. Like, I think I would take a game with him as the sole protagonist lol.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
I actually like that they didn't have Nemesis be a persistent stalker, the main reason being that they already did that with Mr X last year, so having the exact same thing here would wear out its welcome very quickly.

Thinking back on it more, both RE2R & this feel like companion pieces and I think the devs were acutely aware to make both experiences feel different enough, so credit to them for that.

Also the action focused gameplay works to Jill's greater experience compared to Leon & Claire's inexperienced survival approach.

Also Jill would be able to make mincemeat out of Mr X :D

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Ok one of the things I hate most that games do is when the player takes damage they lock all controls while you just have to sit there and wait for an animation to play out. Usually taking more damage as it happens. Capcom in particular fucking loves doing this. I think this is super cheap and shitty design.

Now. As an added bonus in this game, they actually lock out even accessing the system menu during these cheap control locked damage animations so you can't even load a game when these animations are playing out, even though you know you are going to die.

It's especially fun when you're playing a long damage animation pounding on the start button so you can actually get back to playing from a save, then right after the long damage animation finally finished, you get immediately hit with another long animation that locks you out from being able to reload.

Such bullshit.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like that they didn't have Nemesis be a persistent stalker, the main reason being that they already did that with Mr X last year, so having the exact same thing here would wear out its welcome very quickly.

Thinking back on it more, both RE2R & this feel like companion pieces and I think the devs were acutely aware to make both experiences feel different enough, so credit to them for that.

Also the action focused gameplay works to Jill's greater experience compared to Leon & Claire's inexperienced survival approach.

Also Jill would be able to make mincemeat out of Mr X :D

That's what made RE3 classic special. Mr. X was slow, Nemesis should have been the same but faster, that's the evoluition you should expect since it's the original evolution from the classic RE2 and RE3.

Nemesis on REmake3 is a joke.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The game is not too short. The areas you visit are too short and you don't spend enough time in any of them.

In my opinion Nemesis really feels like a secondary antagonist in this game which is a far cry from the original where he felt like THE main threat. I honestly think Nikolai is more of a threat in this game and is the true main antagonist, which feels deserve imo as Nikolai is great now.

RE2R also ended up having this problem with Birkin.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Just finished it, wel that was short. It is just an Iinear third person shooter. I loved it but wanted more. It definitly does not do the original justice. This could have been so much more. RE2 was so much better.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished my first playthrough at 4:08. Game was really short. I liked it but it was a disappointment from what I was expecting. Nemesis is a non factor in this game since I always had a grenade saved for him and when he shows up I feel like I'm playing Uncharted.

I might farm a bit on earlier saves for kills to save up for some better shop items. Don't really see me doing as much playthroughs as I did with RE2 since the game is full of chase sequences which is annoying to do with speed runs.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The substation on Hardcore can kiss my ass. Holy shit.