• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I'm genuinely blown away that some folks think this game would have been better served as DLC for REmake 2. If the game only consisted of Jill escaping on the train in that early section, and perhaps a boss fight to cap it there, then DLC would make sense. But it has much more to it than that. Short though it may be (and even then, I feel like this has taken me just as long as my first Leon playthrough on REmake 2), there's a lot of effort put into this thing. Some cool locations too. It feels different enough from REmake 2 in tone alone to make it stand on its own alongside it. I haven't touched Resistance yet and god knows if I ever well, but I've absolutely loved REmake 3 so far.

Sep 14, 2018
By the way, at the end:

I like how she has the nightmare in the hospital about not being able to shoot Carlos and dying, but then she goes through with it at the end. I somehow failed that QTE the first time and Nicholai slices Carlos throat and fling it at Jill's forhead. I think I died literally every way possible lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so someone explain the Nemesis drops to me. You get 1 item per encounter I take it? At my first Nemesis free play segment. Downed him once got an item. Downed him a second time got nothing. So I should only try to down him once per stalking section?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
so what should they do? not write an honest opinion about a game they felt was too short and underwhelming?

No, they can and they did. But IMO critics have too much weight thrown behind 'ZOMG it's single player and didn't last 25 - 50 hours'. They need to appreciate the audience they are reviewing to and no everyone wants that

The lack of faithfulness and divergence from OG 3, I appreciate as critique. But 2 hours in this is a wonderful palate cleanser right now. I feel entirely engaged in a way many 50 hour epics haven't

I know it's short. It's fine to point that out. But to me this is a really good experience and honestly a lot of the media DID point this out. But sometimes I personally would prefer a flawed 80+ MC'er than a big bad well scored AAA title like RDR2

I found that to be boring AF to be honest but it was rare in reviews that viewpoint was reflected in the 90+ crowd

I

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so someone explain the Nemesis drops to me. You get 1 item per encounter I take it? At my first Nemesis free play segment. Downed him once got an item. Downed him a second time got nothing. So I should only try to down him once per stalking section?
I got at least two drops in one encounter

Edit: that is to say, I downed him twice in the same stalking section

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having controller issues with the PC version? Right trigger specifically will just stop working making it so I can't actually shoot anything. Controller will also just stop working at times too.

It's definitely not the controller since it works fine in every other game.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
So is Hardcore gonna be as hard as it was in RE2?

Because even though I'm not that good in RE, I always make it a point to start on the toughest difficulty.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having controller issues with the PC version? Right trigger specifically will just stop working making it so I can't actually shoot anything. Controller will also just stop working at times too.

It's definitely not the controller since it works fine in every other game.
Not on controller but on keyboard/mouse, mashing R to reload would sometimes fail

ket

Jul 27, 2018
No, they can and they did. But IMO critics have too much weight thrown behind 'ZOMG it's single player and didn't last 25 - 50 hours'. They need to appreciate the audience they are reviewing to and no everyone wants that

but everyone wants something different. there's no single audience. all a critic can do is review the game and give their opinion.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I just started a nightmare run and I'm surprised by how much is changed in terms of enemies and some itens. It's a much more desperate game. Also:

3vawo0.jpg

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Hunter Betas are annoying as hell. The perfect counter window for them is much higher than just about every other zombie, but it's still extremely irritating to fudge a haymaker/dodge and get my neck sliced open.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well, I put a few hours into it and I'm really enjoying it, more so than RE2R even. Nemesis is way less offensive and annoying than Mr X who I hated, I much prefer how he's handled here.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
SteamDB is saying there's only a couple of thousand folks in Resistance. How are people finding the matchmaking in full release?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The classic skin gave Jill a skort. Pitchforks now:
GenuineNeedyDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Her V A G I N A B O N E S are off the menu.

This is gonna be the one "cut" we get to hear about the loudest next week, won´t it? Sigh.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
RE3remake is the right balance in action and scary/tense situations that I want from an RE. I'm digging this a hell of a lot more than RE2remake. This is so tight in pacing as well that it breezes from moment to moment.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Lmao, less than 4 hours to complete the first run on standard. I'm kinda shocked at how short it is. My first run in RE2R, Leon A campaign was around 7 hours.

It was a good 4-ish hours, sure, and game lenght in itself isn't everything, but this is way too short. And I dunno, I guess I'll run through it again but I'm not really feeling the incentive the way I did with RE2 (although the B campaign definitely felt half baked compared to the A)

i think i'd be a lot more forgiving if the game shipped with a merc mode. Resistance is pretty bad, I predict it will be a ghost town in a few weeks.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I prefer the linear nature of RE3 over 2 honestly. Shame this game was reviewed harshly because of that our industry could use less bloated games.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kinds of goodies does Nemesis drop? I downed him once and got a box of shotgun shells — felt like I got cheated.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it two times on hardcore mode and overall I quite enjoy it, but it's just not as much of a game as the Resident Evil 2 remake was, it's significantly shorter and has much less replayability.

Nemesis is in many ways a regression from Mr X, all encounters feel super scripted and not very dynamic, he's barely there as a dynamic gameplay element like Mr X was in RE2.

The shooting and combat mechanics are fantastic and great fun, the shotgun is fantastic. The overall production values are great and the cinematic are super well done, but the overall story just isn't that engaging.

Resident Evil 3 feels like a big expansion to Resident Evil 2, it's worth playing but I would be lying if i said it wasn't a mild disappointment to me.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Cosuin and I finished a hardcore run just a little bit ago, about 5:45 spent, we have no real attachment to the original RE3 like we did RE2 and we greatly enjoyed the game, though there are some changes we talked about that could've improved the experience.

Now to decide if I want to start a nightmare playthrough or no...

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

I remember keeping a granade in hand to down him quickly just as I did on hardcore, turns out he barely flinched. Red barrel? Still not enough. He even could ignore those generators' eletric burts. Not to mention he is faster. The fight when he gets the flamethrower was also very intense

If this is accurate, then I am EXTREMELY excited to get to this difficulty! Yes!

I dare say it is. It really a shame how little of him stalking Jill (in gameplay) there is though. They should have done just like RE2 2nd run where Mr. X shows up sooner. I wonder if this is something a mod could do.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nicholai is only second to Wesker in RE5 when it comes to amazingly over the top villain performances.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Cosuin and I finished a hardcore run just a little bit ago, about 5:45 spent, we have no real attachment to the original RE3 like we did RE2 and we greatly enjoyed the game, though there are some changes we talked about that could've improved the experience.

Now to decide if I want to start a nightmare playthrough or no...

My advice? Give it a chance, even if it's only the beginning. It might surprise you.

Sep 14, 2018
I'm kinda shocked at how short it is. My first run in RE2R, Leon A campaign was around 7 hours.
This is why I didn't want to go through it on standard my first time, I feel like I would have breezed through it, It took me a lot of tries on HC and finished in 7hr, though it was closer to 10 because of how much I had to retry everything lol.

What kinds of goodies does Nemesis drop? I downed him once and got a box of shotgun shells — felt like I got cheated.
He drops upgrades for the base handgun! Other times just ammo

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
My advice? Give it a chance, even if it's only the beginning. It might surprise you.

oh I plan to eventually, just not sure if I want to start it up right now after just beating it and having been playing since 11 AM this morning.

I still can't nail Carlos's parry. I'm playing on hardcore and using the first zombie he fights as a test and I don't get it. Do they need to be stunned first?

This shit was hella frustrating for me too. You need to shoulder-check them then hit the button again to Wesker punch. But beware: sometimes they grab you mid tackle animation.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Just had my 1st run in with Nemesis after the initial encounter. Phew I was not ready for it because the
bug/parasite section
had me low on resources.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
The issue with the game isn't the length. It is just that there is very little content.

RE3 OG was short but the game was anything but small. It had lots to do after you finish it.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the linear nature of RE3 over 2 honestly. Shame this game was reviewed harshly because of that our industry could use less bloated games.

Just finished it and so much this. I honestly prefered the somewhat straight forward nature of each section over the sometimes sprawling areas of RE2Make. Really enjoyed my time with this one, outside of a few annoyances. Really hope Capcom keep up this trend and remaster them all in a similar fashion. I need more.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I'm enjoying this a lot so far but there is one thing that really drives me bonkers. The Dot-Sight upgrade isn't diagetic -- it just places a dot in the center of the already existing reticle. As a result, it doesn't do anything if you have the HUD turned off. If i'm remembering correctly, this isn't the way it functioned in RE2make, and it is utterly baffling as a design choice.

I'm bummed that the team didn't learn from the hud-off requests from RE2make -- turning off the HUD is a binary Yes or No, and as a result, means that you can't disable crosshairs without also disabling environmental pickup markers or QTE prompts. It's really dumb, and the fact that the Dot Sight just adds a dot into the center of the already-existing HUD crosshair instead of making it an actual lazer/dot in-game makes that upgrade actually a useless faff item that probably shouldn't be in the game.

I also really, really dislike how saves don't require ink ribbons, how there are Auto-saves, and how crate loot is randomized. It really incentivizes savescumming and rerolling for better drops. You can tell the teams didn't communicate much, because the polish from the RE2make's nearly immaculate design is all but gone in this game.

That being said, there is a lot to this that I am absolutely loving.

• Jill is fantastically realized, and is super well acted. Carlos is hot, but is dumb and I want him to stay quiet and look pretty. It doesn't help that he is basically a Jon Bernthal character in this game.
  • The action dodge completely radicalizes the pace of combat in this game. It is a fantastic addition and I love it.
  • The environments are extremely cleverly designed and well paced. The beginning city segments are fantastic, even if they are pretty short.
Now for the weird -- These aren't so much complaints as they are observations.
  • Nemesis is buggy as hell. He reacts especially weirdly if you put him out of camera view. For example, as I was running away from him, I dodged one of his punches, causing him to go out of frame behind me. Instantly he respawned in front of me, leaping over one of the street barriers to stunlock me into near-instant death.
  • Carlos is hot, but I want him to shut up. He is basically a Jon Bernthal character and that isn't really a compliment. Just sit there and look pretty, please.
  • I had two First Aid sprays spawn from boxes in a row, which is a bit lucky. Granted I'm sure the "optimized" way to play would be to reroll for green herbs since I assume you can use them to make RGBs later down the line, but early game First Aid kits are rad
  • It's funny that Nemesis can't enter certain locked areas, presumably because some players may need to access those areas later if they missed them the first pass through, but it does make the chases a little less intense.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Absolutely loving the beginning of this game.

But between my atrocious aim and a single bite putting me in the caution, I'm not so sure I'm gonna do well in Hardcore. A typical zombie feels like a handful for me now lol.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when can I get drops from Nemesis? I need one more weapon upgrade for the record unlock and I'm only able to get him to drop stuff when he

•bursts through the wall

•mutates the zombie

•chases you into the sewers

When does he drop the third weapon upgrade?

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the
RPD.
Count me among those who might end up enjoying this more than RE2 Remake. Personally I'm loving how succinct it all feels. I can see myself playing this over and over again.