• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Started on hardcore but I'm going to drop down to Standard, where I usually play (atleast for a first playthrough). One bite deaths are no bueno and I prefer to take the zombies on instead of avoid everything. Just not fun that way.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I love this. Absolutely love it. Unless the game takes an absolute nosedive from this point on, I think it's a fantastic experience.

Location spoiler:

I just reached RCPD

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
so the game's clock is interesting. RE2R's will tack on wasted time (ie, game over's) where RE3's does not BUT it will show you how long it took with those as well.

952060_20200403125954_1.png

the 4:45 clear time excludes game overs, reloading due to me screwing up, etc

"Total Play time" in the top right is more accurate and mirrors my first playthrough with Leon from RE2R, which was also on hardcore. Basically, typical length for an RE game :P

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
This game is relentless, wow. It's non stop action, very linear though. I don't know how it will hold up on multiple play through but this is a ton of fun.

I am playing on hardcore and it is brutal. One nemesis punch puts you in danger. I have no health items, I'm running low on ammo. I don't even need to use an item box as I never have enough stuff to fill my inventory.

Indeed, makes the encounters piss easy and less threatening.

It's the big take away I got, a win button to get your item. In the OG fighting him was a whole ordeal, now it's nothing.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
This game is relentless, wow. It's non stop action, very linear though. I don't know how it will hold up on multiple play through but this is a ton of fun.

I am playing on hardcore and it is brutal. One nemesis punch puts you in danger. I have no health items, I'm running low on ammo. I don't even need to use an item box as I never have enough stuff to fill my inventory.

It's the big take away I got, a win button to get your item. In the OG fighting him was a whole ordeal, now it's nothing.
Fighting him in the original was way more challenging. He hit also pretty hard on Hard mode. Sucks they cut
Freeze rounds.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just got to the hospital. I think I'm enjoying this as much as my first playthrough of re2 last year.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I recieved an email from ebgames with a 12 digit code for the pre order bonus... How do I use it? Xbox Live requires a 25 digit code.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Its really lame all the death animations are censored.
I don't know what Capcom is doing.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the game but I do have a spicy hot take:

RE3 really should have been open world OR they should have straight lifted what The Evil Within 2 did with its central hub town.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Eh that would make more sense in a separate game altogether. Trying to cram the Nemesis hunting you but be open world wouldn't work well.
if nothing else, he'd would've worked more like Jack or Mr. X in that regard I'd imagine. But, regarding the setting and plot, having a large, central part of Raccoon City as a hub would've made more sense than the straight line we have now though that might not have meshed well with the pacing.

Then again, maybe they tried an idea like that and the engine just can't support it as all RE engine games have been small scale thus far.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Just finished it, absolutely awesome experience.
I'll understand that it might let down some people but for me, it was the perfect blend of action, horror and story.
RE2 Remake was really good but lackluster on the story front, this one goes all in and I love it.

I have a question tho,
What was that after-credit scene ? Is it something like the original where if you replay the game multiple times, it gives you a little more ?

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far. What I envisioned this game would be, and the end result, are extremely different. I will admit I am frustrated in some ways that this is more of a ... reimagining of RE3 than an actual remake, but overall the game plays great, story is great so far and I feel sufficiently challenged. That being said, I'm on hardcore and I feel unstoppable. I'm really looking forward to the higher difficulties to see how they change the game a bit.

Highly recommend though. I can tell I'm going to be playing this over and over and over.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far. What I envisioned this game would be, and the end result, are extremely different. I will admit I am frustrated in some ways that this is more of a ... reimagining of RE3 than an actual remake, but overall the game plays great, story is great so far and I feel sufficiently challenged. That being said, I'm on hardcore and I feel unstoppable. I'm really looking forward to the higher difficulties to see how they change the game a bit.

Highly recommend though. I can tell I'm going to be playing this over and over and over.
idk if you ran through hardcore on RE2 but, if you did, you kind of go in knowing what to expect and manage resources accordingly. That and RE3 is more generous as there are always more enemies on screen at any given time compared to RE2.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018

Yeah. This isn't the RE3 remake I wanted at all. But it's still a good game. I almost wish they just made a new Revelations in this style rather than remaking 3 if this is the result. But again, really enjoying it.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
This game is really good. Its the perfect compliment to RE:2 remake. I was a little tilted at the run time and stuff at first but honestly its perfect. Its exactly what I needed this week to lead me into FF:7.

Bravo Capcom.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
While it's our own game, as a joe consumer I did have a blast end to end. Reminds me of Die Hard movies. I never had the opportunity to play the PS1 original and I hope to find the means to do so someday.

"Yippee-ki-yay, mother******!" - Jill McClaine

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Got my copy. I'm installing the game and downloading the costumes. It's time, baby! Time to get the fuck out of Raccoon City!!

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
It's amazing how little like RE3 this game is. That's not a bad thing as I'm not the biggest fan of the entry. In fact I like the way they've made it a bit more unique.

It's very very fun and damn gorgeous too. To release this kind a quality just over a year after the last game is also astounding. Feeling quite spoilt tbh.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Does standard difficulty still dynamically change depending on how well you are playing? Both times I've fought Nemesis as a boss encounter have been absolutely wicked in terms of how much damage he takes to defeat.

Damage enemy attacks do to Jill have seemed to vary wildly as well so I'm guessing it does still have the adaptive difficulty?