• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Quick spoilery question

I just got to the part where you first meet Carlos, is that really it for Brad? That is how he goes out?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Played through the entire game today on a stream despite never going through the RE2 remake, and had a blast. I'll definitely go back to check RE2 out now.

I only have faint memories of the original RE3, so a lot of stuff people are complaining about didn't faze me too much hahaha

Quick spoilery question

I just got to the part where you first meet Carlos, is that really it for Brad? That is how he goes out?
There's another scene with him, but basically.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The intro is awesome but man it goes by so quick, like it feels super rushed. I've just barely scraped ten minutes and I'm already at where the demo starts. And I've talked plenty at how much I dislike how quickly the game just goes through Brad, but man I really hate it lol . He's legit around for longer in the original.

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The intro is awesome but man it goes by so quick, like it feels super rushed. I've just barely scraped ten minutes and I'm already at where the demo starts. And I've talked plenty at how much I dislike how quickly the game just goes through Brad. He's legit around for longer in the original.
The game rushes through some stuff, but takes their time with other parts. There are some cool additions. It's straight-up a different game, but the length is very similar to the original as far as I can remember.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game rushes through some stuff, but takes their time with some others. There are some cool additions. It's straight-up a different game, but the length is very similar to the original as far as I can remember.

Yeah length I'm not worried about but the intro to the original game up to the RPD (and yeah I know I'm not there yet) is my favourite part and it really feels the game just blew through it in like five minutes lol. I'm not like shitting on the game already or anything, just a bit disappointed.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah length I'm not worried about but the intro to the original game up to the RPD (and yeah I know I'm not there yet) is my favourite part and it really feels the game just blew through it in like five minutes lol. I'm not like shitting on the game already or anything, just a bit disappointed.

This is where I'm at.. so quick.. like it feels like it could have easily been longer

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom confuses me sometimes. People were asking for Ada escape for years and they haven't done it for some reason. There is plenty of things they could do in Raccoon City.

I would pay for a dlc that brings back the clocktower and more of the original locations and bosses from the original. I would prefer they add them to Jill's story but thatt would require a bit of work to fit into the main story.

They could do it so you play as Ada who is trying to escape. New weapons include the guns that did not return from 3 or 2. New enemies like spiders, the man spider (the cut enemy from 2), perhaps a more classic looking ivy variant? The grave digger, the moth boss. Locationss we never visited in the remake like some locations thatt didn't return in 3 and the clocktower (the fan in me would love to see marshaling yard).

There is a lot they can do. Sadly I have a feeling Resistance will steal all the focus.

Yeah Re2 Remake not getting an Ada campaign seems like such a missed opportunity. She got her mini campaign in 4, she got her campaign in 6 so when revisting Re2 for the Remake this was the time to do it but nope

silaschase

Mar 18, 2020
The game rushes through some stuff, but takes their time with other parts. There are some cool additions. It's straight-up a different game, but the length is very similar to the original as far as I can remember.

I really feel like this is what the team was going for, but they wound up getting penalized for it.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Re2+3 Director Cut for next gen with added missing stuff and a new coat of pain, would buy

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is where I'm at.. so quick.. like it feels like it could have easily been longer

Yeah like, we get

Apartment > Brad > Bar > Streets > Dario > More Streets > Parking Lot > Carlos > Demo

In like ten minutes, and while I thought all of it was cool I never really felt like I had the time to enjoy it. Really felt like we could have had longer in the bar to catch our breath a bit or something.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Re2+3 Director Cut for next gen with added missing stuff and a new coat of pain, would buy

I kinda get the impression that large open areas like a more expansive version of raccoon City isn't feasible with RE Engine on current Gen Hardware.
So far I am really enjoying the game but it almost begs for more open urban environments.
I think when all is done it will be remembered not for how good it objectively was but what potential a larger scale RE3 Remake could have had.
Which is sad, cause the game on its own terms is really good.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw someone do the demo area on nightmare mode. Looks really fun with some clever enemy placement, but it's a damn shame it's locked behind beating the game.

Nov 9, 2017
Question for those who have played/completed etc

I'll spoiler tag this as a just in case kinda thing but it 100% concerns the ending:

Is it true that there isn't any kind of an S+ ranking that you can get? And that playing over again with the infinite weapons DOESN'T impact the end score like it did in RE2Remake?

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this was answered already - I'm in TX - is there not a pre-load option?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's live on Steam for me but I had to cancel my pre-order with things how they are these days, hopefully it'll hit a sale soonish.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so wtf?

Its a 1am EST launch?

This is fucking dumb.

No steam preload and now we have to download at that time?

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I started on Hardcore but I'm really bad at dodging Zombies or staggering them with leg shots. I fear I'm going to screw myself out of Ammo at this rate XD

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Are any of the VPNs to unlock early free? Or are they all paid?

Also why the fuck is there no preload for this game?

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
Man there is SUCH a difference between watching the intro and actually experiencing it. This re engine is truly magic.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the game have no Ink Ribbons whatsoever. Its just checkpoints and autosaves now.

:(