• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Capcom confuses me sometimes. People were asking for Ada escape for years and they haven't done it for some reason. There is plenty of things they could do in Raccoon City.

I would pay for a dlc that brings back the clocktower and more of the original locations and bosses from the original. I would prefer they add them to Jill's story but thatt would require a bit of work to fit into the main story.

They could do it so you play as Ada who is trying to escape. New weapons include the guns that did not return from 3 or 2. New enemies like spiders, the man spider (the cut enemy from 2), perhaps a more classic looking ivy variant? The grave digger, the moth boss. Locationss we never visited in the remake like some locations thatt didn't return in 3 and the clocktower (the fan in me would love to see marshaling yard).

There is a lot they can do. Sadly I have a feeling Resistance will steal all the focus.

I always thought they cut the Bowgun from Claire's toolset to give it to Ada in her DLC campaign, as it later becomes her signature weapon in RE4 and RE6 for consistency sake.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought they cut the Bowgun from Claire's toolset to give it to Ada in her DLC campaign, as it later becomes her signature weapon in RE4 and RE6 for consistency sake.
Yeah it would make sense.

Speaking of the Bowgun, it is a shame it never returned. It has lots of potential to be a really cool weapon. Imagine this, explosive bolts, fire bolts, poison bolts etc etc. It seems like it would be a really useful weapon in the current REmakes due to the ammo crafting.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
The game graphically feels better than 2. The lighting is phenomenal and the HDR seems better.

Whilst I wasn't as excited for this as 2 im still going through the exact same emotions as when I played the previous game which is testament to its quality.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Speaking of the Bowgun, it is a shame it never returned. It has lots of potential to be a really cool weapon. Imagine this, explosive bolts, fire bolts, poison bolts etc etc. It seems like it would be a really useful weapon in the current REmakes due to the ammo crafting.

If they do a CV remake, using the bowgun to take off limbs and it stabs them into the wall (or takes their limbs off outright) would be some great horror gore.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Capcom confuses me sometimes. People were asking for Ada escape for years and they haven't done it for some reason. There is plenty of things they could do in Raccoon City.

I would pay for a dlc that brings back the clocktower and more of the original locations and bosses from the original. I would prefer they add them to Jill's story but thatt would require a bit of work to fit into the main story.

They could do it so you play as Ada who is trying to escape. New weapons include the guns that did not return from 3 or 2. New enemies like spiders, the man spider (the cut enemy from 2), perhaps a more classic looking ivy variant? The grave digger, the moth boss. Locationss we never visited in the remake like some locations thatt didn't return in 3 and the clocktower (the fan in me would love to see marshaling yard).

There is a lot they can do. Sadly I have a feeling Resistance will steal all the focus.
I've been screaming for RE2R story DLC for over a year. People here disagree with me, but they dropped the ball on that. Ada/Marvin campaign etc. there were lots of routes for story DLC and I would of gladly paid for it too. With them not doing story DLC for RE2R, I feel like they are just gonna drop RE3R, add a survivor/mastermind or two to Resistance, and move on. Shame, because there are a bunch of routes for story DLC for RE3R as well.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mikami expanded on the bowgun in The Evil Within games.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they do a CV remake, using the bowgun to take off limbs and it stabs them into the wall (or takes their limbs off outright) would be some great horror gore.
Yeah that could be a good way to showcase next gen technology. Like you shoot a head of zombie of and it pierces to the wall while the body is at the same place it stood.
I've been screaming for RE2R story DLC for over a year. People here disagree with me, but they dropped the ball on that. Ada/Marvin campaign etc. there were lots of routes for story DLC and I would of gladly paid for it too. With them not doing story DLC for RE2R, I feel like they are just gonna drop RE3R, add a survivor/mastermind or two to Resistance, and move on. Shame, because there are a bunch of routes for story DLC for RE3R as well.
I agree with you on the DLC.

Especially cause Racoon City is a setting that is screaming for more stories. They could have also made some stuff from RE 1.5 canon as well like the cut monsters and Elza Walker. Ghost Survivors should have been an actual story dlc instead of reskinned Hunk mode. I wouldn't mind buying it.
Mikami expanded on the bowgun on The Evil Within games.
That fact is interesting cause it does make me wonder if the devs of this game played them. I feel EW2 structure could have worked very well with REmake 3.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Spent my first 45 minutes in with the game. Too tired to go on, but the first impression is pretty damn good. But the game moves at a breakneck pace. Which makes sense as the zombie outbreak is hitting its peak.

On normal ammo seems to be abundant. Haven't been in real trouble in regards to offensive power, but the quickstep needs some practice. Zombies hurt you bad so it would help to master this quickly.

About the intro;

I really like the added part of the appartement; btw, Jill had a shit appartement haha

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
1 hour turned into 2. Very difficult to put this game down.

It's so good. Really good. Time for bed now though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Played the game for about an hour so far on Xbox. General impressions:
  • Game feels maybe a little bit more linear than RE2 so far, but there's still a fair bit of back-and-forth across areas so far.
  • Game looks just as good as RE2 to me during gameplay. Cinematics are maybe a bit improved.
  • The game definitely leans more on action than last time, but absolutely still focuses on horror too.
  • Nemesis is fucking terrifying when it appears. It's an absolute tank.
Really pleased so far.

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Does Steam still not acknowledge time zones outside the US? Don't want to play this in daylight so guess ill have to wait for tomorrow night to start

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Toying with whether to play this on Standard or Hardcore first. When it came to RE2R, for a first play I felt Standard was a little easy but Hardcore was a bit too frustrating with how tough everything was. Sweet spot would have been right in the middle for me, less ammo like hardcore but zombies not taking 10 bullets to put down. Un-sure which to go for for RE3. Don't want it too easy or too hard...

Enjoying reading people's positive comments. I can't wait to play it.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I beat the game about 10 minutes ago. I liked it and if I were to give it a number score it would be about an 8/10 (with RE2 being a 8.5/10).
My impressions:
Took me about 7 hours to beat on Normal difficulty. A solid companion piece to RE2. Graphics and gameplay are great as expected, story was interesting enough. My biggest issues is the lack of Nemesis and the content from the original RE3 game that would've been cool to play through (such as Gravedigger boss and the Clock Tower). As for Nemesis, I was expecting more moments of tension with him. The only time he chases you around in an open area is the first 1/4th of the game and the rest is scripted events or boss fights. Overall, it's a solid RE game and worth a buy if you're a fan. For anyone else it's better to get as a rental or on sale.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
These games are so good. I would be happy for them to be pumping more of these out in future. I didn't hesitate at all to purchase these even with a media blackout and no demo.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am surprised the Collector Edition didn't bring the Extra DLC costumes etc like RE2 Collector..

Capcom forcing me to buy that on the side?? Capcom def ain't back.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
3rpNKnx.gif

Steam it's 7AM please let me download it.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredibly stupid there's no pre-load. I won't have much trouble downloading the game, but there's folks in areas that will have to wait nearly a day, possibly longer to play.

Pre-loading on PC should be a mandatory requirement if you want to pre-sell your game. Physical copies aren't something we get to take advantage of; even my boxed copy of Sekiro came with a cardboard "disc" with a code printed on it.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Could've sworn I preordered this from best buy, but I checked my order history and it's not there. Weird.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck that second boss. Its not telegraphed how your supposed to beat it and it doesnt give you enough ammo to actually do what you need to do

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Start hardcore or not... can't decide.
Can you go down if it gets too rough, or was that only Normal to Assisted?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
hi all, I have a NZ account on my PS4 alongside my main account. If I log into the NZ account and boot up the game, will I be able to switch back to my main account and play it as well and earn trophies and whatnot?

e: seems like this doesn't work!

Last edited:

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish steam put clearly the remaining time until a game is available, it's so stupid. You can see it clearly on PSN, for example.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Steam will launch in two phases. Europe and Asia in 30 minutes, and the rest of Americas in 5.5 hrs.

Edit: as of this post.