• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
AWESOME trailer, and I love what I'm seeing, but the lack of visibility on late-game areas (aside from the hospital) like the park and ESPECIALLY the clocktower, has me worried.
Don't worry about it, they're just not using it for marketing materials right now. Same reason this trailer doesn't really show Nemesis with his rocket launcher and we haven't seen the Mutated Nemesis that stalks you in the second half of the game. Or even things like the Drain Deimos or the like, which are in the game btw.

They know how beloved the Clock Tower is and are saving showing it off.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
This is looking so good my god, I never thought of seeing my favorite resident evil reimagined damn.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry about it, they're just not using it for marketing materials right now. Same reason this trailer doesn't really show Nemesis with his rocket launcher and we haven't seen the Mutated Nemesis that stalks you in the second half of the game. Or even things like the Drain Deimos or the like, which are in the game btw.

Yo Dusk you need to tell us about Spiders and Brain Suckers/Drain Demos.

Please.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3e9.png
Accurate depiction of Brad running into Nemesis on the RPD front gate.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

Thanks so much Dusk Golem; you're putting a ton of my fears at ease. I think I'm gonna go media blackout now.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

The leak I DM'd you seems to have been debunked with them saying Carlos as more playable segment, can you confirm ?

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Somehow it looks less scary and more goofy than i thought it would be
that said mr x was the best part about RE2 so i expect solid fun

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The leak I DM'd you seems to have been debunked with them saying Carlos as more playable segment, can you confirm ?
I don't know all the specifics and I hesitated giving some feedback. For the record I've not visually seen anything, I've only seen the trailers with everyone. And some parts of that leak correlate with some things I know, like the two types of dogs comment lines up precisely with something I know, so there's that. But I have multiple things I feel suspect about and don't believe are true, but I also don't have much to say that would deconfirm it. As I often say, I know more than most but less than many people hope. I know mostly development things, and how things were at various timestamps of time rather than getting updated as everything develops.

I will say I don't personally believe the 4chan leak, but I have three things I know they have right which wouldn't be public knowledge, and three suspect "strikes" of things I think are wrong, but none are strong enough for me to outright say it's wrong.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man capcom definitely stepped their game up since the beginning of this generation. I cant even imagine what their next gen offerings will look like.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom should have saved this for PS5/SX.

Not particularly excited for this game.

This is where I'm at. Game looks fine, but I was kinda hoping for more. Game feels too much like a "more please" situation, kind of like the likes of the standalone expansions we've been getting a lot of this gen like The Lost Legacy, The Old Blood, Far Cry: Primal/New Dawn, etc., in part due to the extreme similarities to RE2 as well as proximity in terms of the timing of the announcement & release date (even if it was developed the same time as RE2). The original was a smaller quick release before the gen ended, and this has a bit of that vibe. It feels less special as a result, and what we've seen so far isn't really going that extra mile that I think RE3 in particular deserves.

I hope Capcom isn't being too hasty with these remakes in the future. Their quick fire approach to classic-style RE games after RE2 back in the day with 3, CV, REmake, 0, Outbreak, in addition to all the middling and weak spin-offs were part of what killed the enthusiasm for RE back in the day before they bounced back with 4. I'm sure that many are delighted though, so I'm obviously a stickler in the mud with my muted enthusiasm. But RE3 is one of my favorites and the first RE I ever owned, so not being over the moon with excitement about this makes me very sad. Maybe Capcom's bottom line will be fine, but I think it'll hurt more than help in the end. It's possible I'm just projecting my own lack of enthusiasm. But I hope they give the remakes a bit of a breather before doing more of them, and try and make them even more distinct from one another. Hopefully they'll do something like Dino Crisis in-between.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
"I'll buy you some time."

What the fuck Jill, no let's NOT buy him some time. Let's run away! God I'm going to hate that part aren't I...

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know all the specifics and I hesitated giving some feedback. For the record I've not visually seen anything, I've only seen the trailers with everyone. And some parts of that leak correlate with some things I know, like the two types of dogs comment lines up precisely with something I know, so there's that. But I have multiple things I feel suspect about and don't believe are true, but I also don't have much to say that would deconfirm it. As I often say, I know more than most but less than many people hope. I know mostly development things, and how things were at various timestamps of time rather than getting updated as everything develops.

I will say I don't personally believe the 4chan leak, but I have three things I know they have right which wouldn't be public knowledge, and three suspect "strikes" of things I think are wrong, but none are strong enough for me to outright say it's wrong.

I read "the leak" as well and while I don't necessarily believe it, some of the things there did strike me as something that I'd probably like. So if there were some things that it got right, I hope it's those bits that I like.

I keep forgetting, which one was the bad russian guy?

Spoilering it just in case

The guy on the right, Nicholai.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm hyped, but this just looks like they're basically gonna work themselves back into action RE all over again after actually getting back to horror. I mean, I know RE3 is "more" action oriented, but some of those sequences look straight out of RE5-6.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Why do people stan so hard for that chickenshit Vickers? Kinda weird and funny!

I love how the recruitement poster in RE2 made him look a lot more in-shape then he actually is, lol

latest

I mean, this seminar was almost an entire year before the events of RE3. The guy must have started the '97 holiday season on his ass, pounded down some Burger Kong in the following months, and here we are. Brad isn't required to be a physical specimen like the rest of S.T.A.R.S. ;)

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I read "the leak" as well and while I don't necessarily believe it, some of the things there did strike me as something that I'd probably like. So if there were some things that it got right, I hope it's those bits that I like.

Spoilering it just in case

The guy on the right, Nicholai.

looking at the renders, i guess it should have been obvious.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever composed that trailer really thought it was important to dunk on Jill. The internal narrative came across (at least for me) like "Jill sucks, hopefully other people will save her."

Still hype.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm hyped, but this just looks like they're basically gonna work themselves back into action RE all over again after actually getting back to horror. I mean, I know RE3 is "more" action oriented, but some of those sequences look straight out of RE5-6.

Nah, if you're referring to the car sequence, it seems on par with the garage boss fight with Jack in RE7, which was over-the-top but RE7 is still a horror game for sure. I bet this will still be about as action focused as Revelations 2.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
This is where I'm at. Game looks fine, but I was kinda hoping for more. Game feels too much like a "more please" situation, kind of like the likes of the standalone expansions we've been getting a lot of this gen like The Lost Legacy, The Old Blood, Far Cry: Primal/New Dawn, etc., in part due to the extreme similarities to RE2 as well as proximity in terms of the timing of the announcement & release date (even if it was developed the same time as RE2). The original was a smaller quick release before the gen ended, and this has a bit of that vibe. It feels less special as a result, and what we've seen so far isn't really going that extra mile that I think RE3 in particular deserves.

I hope Capcom isn't being too hasty with these remakes in the future. Their quick fire approach to classic-style RE games after RE2 back in the day with 3, CV, REmake, 0, Outbreak, in addition to all the middling and weak spin-offs were part of what killed the enthusiasm for RE back in the day before they bounced back with 4. I'm sure that many are delighted though, so I'm obviously a stickler in the mud with my muted enthusiasm. But RE3 is one of my favorites and the first RE I ever owned, so not being over the moon with excitement about this makes me very sad. Maybe Capcom's bottom line will be fine, but I think it'll hurt more than help in the end. It's possible I'm just projecting my own lack of enthusiasm. But I hope they give the remakes a bit of a breather before doing more of them, and try and make them even more distinct from one another. Hopefully they'll do something like Dino Crisis in-between.
Lets just hope they are leaving the best REmake for next gen

The Queen is coming 🐜 i have faith it will materialize in due time

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

Thanks a lot for answering. So I guess the most likely thing is that this is a guy who got a couple of informations about the game ( Like the dogs ) but not enough to make it interesting and "viral" so he added a bunch of other things, since some of it don't add up.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Delaying RE3R to a next-gen launch is a foolish idea!

It would clearly compete with another Capcom legend: Deep Down!

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, if you're referring to the car sequence, it seems on par with the garage boss fight with Jack in RE7, which was over-the-top but RE7 is still a horror game for sure. I bet this will still be about as action focused as Revelations 2.

I don't mean this game specifically. I'm saying they're inching closer and with whatever next release they make, which they'll feel like ramping it up even more, they're gonna run back into what they were tryna get away from.

Last edited:

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry about it too much. They are just cutting those sequences together into an exciting trailer. You'll be walking through the dark alone mostly.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Did you not play RE3...? This is exactly in line with OG RE3. Need I remind you of the tram car, or an entire hospital getting blown up, or a fucking rail cannon being used to stop Nemesis?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really have the proper vocabulary to express what I'm thinking, but from the... cinematography(?), aciting, framing, and editing, I'm getting serious C-tier hollywood movie vibes.

And that's not a bad thing?

New to RE?

The games were always action/adventure games, and RE2 ramped up the cinematic aspects and the action quite a bit compared to the first. The mainline games always seemed to increase the action, even if slightly and it wasn't until RE4 that it went all in and made it almost an arcade shooter, or closer to what we think of today with a third-person shooter. If they weren't action games, then you wouldn't have had automatic pistols, submachine guns, shotguns, rocket launchers etc. Being a conservative action game doesn't mean it's not action at all. Compare the first Resident Evil to Alone in the Dark and the difference is stark.

As long as the really heavy action sequences are outliers, or end game stuff, I don't mind. Although I hope they handle it better than The Evil Within, because that did seem like a grab bag, "best of" the RE and SH games, and the later chapters were straight RE5/6.

hmm, I wonder why this game impressed me much more than Hellblade 2 🤔

Because they actually showed gameplay, it's closer to release and you like Action/Horror games?

Last edited:

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Gaaaah the anticipation! It looks so good - and after REmake 2 I'm beyond hyped. Those screenshots are blowing my mind!

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
My first thoughts were the parts with Nemesis look like they are straight out of RE6 with the Ustanak sections.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed there's civilians on the train with Mikhail so that scene is going to he even more badass with Nemmy tearing through them