• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom are doing a couple live gameplay demonstration demos for Resident Evil 3 today. They've confirmed they've chosen a section of the game with the least amount of spoilers, a few full cutscenes and stuff will be shown and other things we haven't seen before but nothing super important. The demo play will be somewhere between 20-40 minutes.

There's two live gameplay demonstrations that happened today of the same section of the game (but the two gameplay demonstrations are different as both were played live). The first one is occurred on Capcom TV, which you can watch here (now timestamped to the RE3 footage):

The second was streamed by Kat, the Resident Evil community manager, on the official Resident Evil Twitch:

Both are archived in VOD form.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
edit:got the time wrong lol.

edit oh wait I did! I thought it would be thursday in the east and wednesday in the west.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
20 mins from now right? Alright gonna watch it.
Yup, first they'll talk for a bit (in Japanese of course) and do introductions, then after a small bit they'll move the set, probably someone who worked on RE3 will appear, and one of them will play RE3 while the others talk about the game.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
And the Capcom TV stream has started, they'll do introductions for a small bit then get onto the RE3 gameplay.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Nemesis is an absolute beast compared to Mr. X.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'll mention if anyone's concerned about gore watching this, this is the censored Japanese version for broadcast. Saying this as they're showing off shooting and dodging mechanics right now.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you need to smash a button if you dont have defensive items equipped?

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 2's PS1 version ending theme playing on the jukebox.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
It's cool that you're already seeing alternate paths to take, its not just linear through the donut store

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
They indeed did choose a section of the game with very few spoilers, but I can appreciate that. They'll show a bit more probably at the English stream a bit later today, but the same section and not too much more. Seems they're going the anti-spoiler route.

That said, the city they showed looks great, both in art direction and level design. They actually are very well capturing the "narrow alleyways but with multiple pathways feeding into each other" design that RE3 did in its early parts very well! And it already looks like route planning will be a big part of exploring the city early in, which I love. The audio design also sounded great, even though they were talking over it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But Jill could take Nemesis down on every encounter for extra items/loots right?

Wouldn't that be a balancing issues?

Isn't Resident Evil 3: Remake using an adaptive difficulty? That would mean that if i run out of ammo the game notices this and i find more shortly.

When we think about Nemesis in this context wouldn't that imply that we can throw anything we have at him to kill him each time. Loot him and still find enough ammo shortly after?

That would nerv him quite a bit. And if they don't do that people will moan that they can't advance because their ammo is to low.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Considering it seems a really tiny section of the game I was impressed with the level design, escaping along those gangways gives it a bit of verticality, and the fact you keep going inside and then back out into the city looks like it will keep it varied.

Hope the demo is a bit longer than what they showed there (even the one shot demo had an objective at least) but looks awesome. And faithful to the original. Looking forward to the English one tonight that I should be able to watch properly

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also really liked the level design. Being able to enter the donut shop from either side is great and I hope stuff like that is consistent throughout the city. I love the idea of being able to move around the city in any order I want.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Is there some prompt to dodge when Nemesis is about to grab Jill with his tentacle? There must be when she is running, right?
There isn't prompt dodging, but you can dodge at any time and if you dodge at the perfect moment you slow down time and get an opportunity to auto-aim towards the enemy and shoot their weakpoint a few times.

It has been confirmed all attacks enemies do in the game can be dodged (and even confirmed you can dodge with the knife, in fact dodging will be kinda' crucial for all-knife runs).

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
They indeed did choose a section of the game with very few spoilers, but I can appreciate that. They'll show a bit more probably at the English stream a bit later today, but the same section and not too much more. Seems they're going the anti-spoiler route.

That said, the city they showed looks great, both in art direction and level design. They actually are very well capturing the "narrow alleyways but with multiple pathways feeding into each other" design that RE3 did in its early parts very well! And it already looks like route planning will be a big part of exploring the city early in, which I love. The audio design also sounded great, even though they were talking over it.
Link to new footage? This sounds like the same great level design that made the original my favorite of the classic trilogy. :)

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
So,you need to mash the buttons like in the original by the look of it,does that mean that zombies can bite you more than once after grabbing you? I wonder if they can gang up on you if other zombies are close.
Reflections look really good compared to REmake 2,they were buggy in the pc version.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Link to new footage? This sounds like the same great level design that made the original my favorite of the classic trilogy. :)
Unfortunately until the Capcom TV stream is done being live, I can't timestamp to it. But if you rewind the current Capcom TV stream a bit, you can watch the RE3 footage.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm wondering about this. Steam page says there is japanese audio in the game.

I'm really hoping that's true, learning japanese with RE2R was a great experience :D
Resident Evil 3 is confirmed to have an English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian, German and Spanish dub.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
There isn't prompt dodging, but you can dodge at any time and if you dodge at the perfect moment you slow down time and get an opportunity to auto-aim towards the enemy and shoot their weakpoint a few times.

It has been confirmed all attacks enemies do in the game can be dodged (and even confirmed you can dodge with the knife, in fact dodging will be kinda' crucial for all-knife runs).

Cool thanks for the info. I was worried about that tentacle grab that happened way too often in recent B-roll footage. The player kinda sucked there tho, probably was that.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Resident Evil 3 is confirmed to have an English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian, German and Spanish dub.
Thanks for the confirmation!

Gameplay looks pretty good! I've never played the original Resident Evil 3, but I hope it doesn't lean too far into the action, or at least still keeps some moments of darkness and tension. I loved the mix of that in RE2R.

Also hope the replayability is as good as RE2R, I replayed that game probably 5 times and I've never done that before.